Saturday 24 January 2015

Chapter 2.40 Prolonged Secrets

Alyssa didn't find this all too fair.


She knew she couldn't control nor stop any of her children from growing up, but she had to admit, she did somewhat miss having toddlers around. She wouldn't be willing to go through it all again, but she missed her babies being babies.
When she left, almost all of her kids were an age younger. When she left, Juniper and Nathaniel were toddlers, Ashton and Melody were children and Belle was a teenager. Yes, Belle is still a teenager but not for too much longer. Her eldest daughter was going to be an adult soon!


She put on a smile for Nathaniel's birthday though. It was weird thinking of him as being a child, let alone a teenager. He shouldn't be a teenager. In Alyssa's mind, he was still her baby boy who she could hold above her head and who would laugh whenever she blew raspberries on his tummy, now he was about to be a teenager.
Not fair.


As the candles went out, Alyssa couldn't help but notice how much Nathaniel looked like Adrian. Both of them had dark hair and grey eyes. It wasn't like all of her kids were identical to her or anything, but Nate probably looked the least like her (which was good. She wasn't so sure what her looks would be like on a boy.)
Part of her hoped that he never did ask about his real dad. It wasn't like she had a problem with telling him, but she didn't want to tell him that his dad was just the guy she cheated with and that he freaked out when she told him about Nate.


She knew she had to have that talk with one of her children though, Belle. The fairy had told her that Belle had found the message from her father, and the fairy had told Belle that she was an accident. Alyssa knew that Belle had always been curious about her dad, and even though Alyssa really wanted to put it off until forever, she knew that she couldn't and she knew it wasn't fair for her to keep such a secret from her daughter about her own father, who apparently wanted to meet her.


After thinking about what she could tell Belle for quite a while, Alyssa knocked on her door and went into her room. "I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" She asked, noticing that Belle was in the middle of reading something.
"No, it's fine." Belle smiled, closing her book and putting it back under her bed. "Did you want to talk to me about something?" She asked. She really did love having her mom back.
"I know you heard the message from your dad, and I know that you want to  know about him. I haven't told you so far because I wanted to wait until you were more mature until I told you. I figured that you're mature enough by now, so if you want me to tell you about him, I will."


Belle looked up at Alyssa. With finals coming up, prom and the drama to do with the fairy, Belle had almost forgot about that message. She really did want to know about her dad though. She hesitated, before nodding and replying with "I want to know who he is." 
Alyssa nodded once, honestly wishing her daughter had answered differently. She didn't want Belle thinking any different of her because of what she did so long ago so she felt as if she had to say. "All of what I'm going to tell you happened when I was about your age. I don't want you to think any differently of me when I tell you the story, and I don't want you to dislike me because of what I did." Alyssa didn't know how Belle would be about knowing that she cheated. Alyssa knew her daughter like how she knew the back of her hand, and she knew her daughter was a hopeless romantic and that she was against any kind of infidelity. Alyssa knew she was probably over worrying, but she couldn't help it.


"Prom? I dunno... It seems a little girly." Callie mumbled, rocking back and forth on the swing. "Besides, isn't it like, tomorrow?" She looked over at Nate
He shrugged, "It only comes around once though." He pointed out. "I think it'd be fun." He smiled slightly.
"I could never find the right dress in a day. That's mission almost impossible" She laughed, then sighed slightly. "I'd love to go, but I doubt my dad would let me stay out for that long." and she aimlessly kicked the ground, finding it unfair.


Nathaniel frowned. "Why is he always so strict?" He asked. honestly curious. Callie was never allowed to stay out past six o'clock, and if she did she was never at school the next day. It concerned him quite a bit, but he never really knew how to ask her why her dad was so harsh.
"It's just the way he is." She answered simply, albeit rather coldly. She always got the same way whenever her home life got brought up in conversation. She was always rather secretive about it, Nathaniel knew she was hiding something, but he didn't know or felt like he should ask what it was.


"But, I think I'd be able to sneak off just for a little while." Callie grinned at him. "I wouldn't want to leave you on your own with all your siblings. You need to have someone there who you can talk to who isn't related to you." 
"They're not that bad, Belle's nice." He shrugged, then smiled back at her, but again he couldn't help be a little concerned. "Are you sure your dad would be alright with that?" He asked.
She shrugged simply, "I think you're worth getting in trouble for." She grinned at him. 


"So, what happened between you and my dad?" Belle asked, looking up at Alyssa. "I already knew he used to call you Belle and that was why you called me Belle." She half smiled.
Alyssa sighed, and sat next to Belle. "That's right. He called me 'Mon Belle' which means 'my beautiful'." She started, clearly uneasy. "Well, I first met  your dad when I was actually about your age. It was just after my parents, your grandparents, died and I went to France mostly to just get away from everything for a while." 


"Did your mom use to like music?" Belle asked, figuring that the ghost she saw in the music room might not have just been her imagination. She could remember that rather clearly, being that it didn't happen all too long ago, and that was when she first met one of her grandparents.
Alyssa nodded. "She loved it. Her instruments were basically her kids. She probably loved them as much as me and your uncle Connor." She explained, smiling slightly. "That's where you get all your artsy talents from. I'm not good at art, and I'm pretty sure your dad wasn't either."
Belle nodded slightly, realizing why her grandma got so annoyed when she tried to break the guitar. In her own defense though, she was pretty pissed off and it could have been anything in that room, at that point she remembered that she wanted something to break, and the guitar was in her line of sight.



"Anyway, I met your dad that first time I was in France. His name was Matteo and what can I say? Something just clicked between us. He was a very cute French boy and I was a boy crazy teenager." Alyssa smiled slightly, remembering just how nuts she used to get around boys.
"So, was my dad your first boyfriend?" Belle asked, grinning. If that was the case though, why was her mom so weird when she first started telling her about her dad?
"No, he wasn't Belle. He was my second. My first boyfriend and your dad kind of overlapped." She tried to say it in the most gentle way possible.


Juniper was happily playing with her toy oven downstairs. She loved baking! It was fun. She used to prefer playing dress up with Nathaniel, but now he was a teenager, he probably wasn't quite as fussed about it. The only bad think about baking was that her glasses kept sliding down her nose, and it was a pain having to push them back up again.
She looked up when she heard footsteps, but couldn't help but frown ever so slightly when she saw Melody. It wasn't like they weren't friends, but Melody kind of scared Juniper.
"I want you to see what happens to me in the future." Melody said outright, looking down at Juniper.


Juniper frowned lightly. "I don't know if I can." She admitted. She's never tried to see into the future before. All her premonitions came to her whenever they pleased, she never has tried to control it.
Melody frowned. "What do you mean? You can see into the future, I want you to know what happens to me into the future."
"It doesn't just work like that though. It's not a switch I can turn on and off." She explained, and saw that Melody was annoyed at her.


Narrowing her eyes, Melody asked."So, you can see into the future, but you can't?"  She huffed, rolling her eyes. How useless.
"Kinda, I can't do it on demand." Juniper smiled slightly, sheepishly. "It kinda just comes and goes." She explained.
Melody rolled her eyes yet again. "Tell me when you can actually use it." And she went off in a huff. All she wanted to know what if her sister could see what prom would be like for her, but no,
Juniper just shrugged it off and went back to baking.


Belle frowned, "What do you mean, overlapped?" She asked. "You had a boyfriend before? Who was he? Do I know him?" She asked, wanting to know what had happened.
"Well, before I went to France, I was dating Tyler..."
"Tyler?!" Belle interrupted, her eyes widening. "But, but how? I mean, he was okay with it?" She asked, confused. She could kind of understand why her mom waited before telling her this.


Alyssa sighed slightly, and shook her head. "Not at all. When I came home, he found out and asked me to chose either him or your father. I couldn't make up my mind and he and I broke up. I went back to France to see your father and... That was that." She ended the story there, knowing it was best to not go into too much detail. 
"If he wasn't okay with it..." Belle shook her head. "I don't get it. You had cheated on him and he wasn't fine with it, but he's still around." She frowned, confused.


"Let's just say, he's a lot better of a person than I am. He forgave me for what I did. and, well, you know the rest of it." Alyssa half smiled.
Belle nodded slightly. You were with Damon then you guys broke up and then Tyler came and lived here." She murmured, then asked. "What about Nate's dad?" She asked.
Alyssa laughed a little, nervously. "His dad was my boss. He was kind of a rebound from Damon." She lied. but it was only a little white lie, even though her's and Adrian's relationship did start before she was engaged, he was still kind of a rebound. "Not that I'm promoting sleeping with your boss or anything, but now I pretty much have tenure there now." She grinned, joking lightly.


"Great, now I know how to get ahead in my career," Belle mumbled, smiling slightly at her mom.
Alyssa sighed slightly, "But, seriously, if you want to meet your dad, I'll tell you absolutely everything I know and you can go over there and meet him. If you want to meet him, I won't stand in your way one bit." She half smiled.


Belle considered it for quite a while. Her dad has been the main person she wanted to know about for pretty much all her life. but right now she didn't really want to meet him. She already had her family right here at home. She then shook her head softly, and hugged Alyssa tightly. "I don't want to meet him. You're all the family I need."
Alyssa smiled, and hugged Belle tightly in return. "If you ever change your mind. I'll help you meet him." She smiled.


"So, remember how you asked if I wanted to go to prom?" Faye asked. It was a little strange to see her able to talk. Ashton was so used to her just writing things down then showing him. This was a lot easier, and her voice was pretty too,
"I remember, and I remember you saying no because you couldn't talk then and you were worried people would be too focused on your wings." He repeated what she had said a time before. It didn't bother him all too much, but it still hurt a little bit. "What about it?"


"Well... I've been thinking maybe I changed my mind." She grinned at him. "I can talk now, and I've learned a little trick that could solve the wing issue." She smiled.
"So, does that mean I have to ask you again?" He asked.
"I think you know the answer to that." She grinned in response.


He sighed slightly, then asked. "Faye, prom's coming up at my school soon." He started
"Oh really?" She interrupted, pretending at if it was the first she was hearing of it. "Why didn't you tell me before?" She grinned, teasing.
He rolled his eyes, grinning back at her. "Will you go to prom with me?" He asked.
"Yes, I will go to prom with you." She grinned, and kissed him in return for him asking a second time.


"So, with prom, we're just going as friends, right?" Callie asked, a little unsure if it was just a friends thing or if it was a date.
"Uh,,, Sure. Just as friends." Nathaniel answered, half smiling. He wanted it to be a date, but did she not want that?


"Right, just as friends." She agreed, idly swinging on the swing. The hesitation in his voice was evident to her, and it made her wonder if he did actually want it to be more than friends, but it was just as friends.
"Yeah, I mean, we're just friends so..." He shrugged, mentally slapping himself for sounding so idiotic, He had slight hopes that prom might change them just being friends however.


Chapter 2.39 Too Many Fairies
______________________________

AN: All of my sims were being so moody, none of them were celebrating Nate's birthday at the same time. *shakes head* what a family, eh? 

I wanted Belle to know about her dad sooner or later, so I picked now :3
I was debating whether or not I wanted Nate to go to this prom, but I kinda have to say in the matter because time runs faster than Carrie's story telling and posing.

So, I have kind of a dilemma: (sims related, somewhat spoiler-y but not too bad)
I've gone wedding crazy. Seriously. Absolutely wedding nuts. My main problem (yes, I have a bigger one) is that I have too many dresses and I don't know which one is the perfect one...
I wasn't originally even planning on Alyssa and Tyler getting married (sorry, slight spoiler) but they kinda got engaged under my nose. Literally. I just randomly got the update. Has anyone else's sims ever gotten spontaneously engaged?

Also, unrelated but I found this so very cute 


Thanks for reading, and next time we'll be seeing a familiar face ;)

10 comments:

  1. Aw Juniper, I feel your glasses- pain. And Melody is kind of funny wanting to know her future; which meant prom. There's so much prom- talking it makes me worried. Is something bad going to happen? Like Callies dad, or whatever is wrong with him? Wait, it says "familiar face" on the AN....

    Ash and Faye are so cute btw, they will have pretty babies. Unless you kill them off or something.

    And since I was to lazy to comment on two chapters in a row: Yay, Ellies dead again! Hopefully for good this time ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pain is based on real known pain. Sometimes I'm at school, doing maths and *duff* glasses are on my book *sigh*
      Prom is the main subject with all the teenagers! Its one of the biggest nights of their lives (at least in America it is. We have two over here and it's kinda all meh).
      The familiar face isn't a bad thing, trust me ;) This time, you can actually trust me.

      They should have pretty babies, if they live long enough *threatening music in the background*. I'm just kidding, I'm not going to kill them :3

      Yay for Elli being dead! Ding dong, the fairy's dead!

      Delete
  2. Spontaneous engagement. :D

    Aw. Alyssa missed a lot of time. And not only does she have to get used to a family that has moved on (with)without her, but her family has to relearn who she is too. I can't imagine how hard it would be for younger kids to try and separate what Fake Alyssa said and how she acted from who Real Mommy is.

    Lol at Melody. So worried over prom. Then again, it sounds like everyone is a little concerned.

    Nate and Callie. Hmmm. She's... got a lot on her plate doesn't she?

    Aw, Belle. At least she knows now. That's the most important part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know they could do that on their own... I know they can do a lot on their own, but... I just thought the bigger things were separate. Ah well, it's got me thinking.

      She did miss a lot, thinking back on it. She's been gone for a while and it is difficult for her. The twins and Belle know the difference between real Alyssa and fake, but it's going to be difficult for Nate and June in particular. The two of them were toddlers when she went, and to be honest, neither of them really remember what real Alyssa was like. They're both a little iffy around her currently.
      *ends the heaviness*

      Prom's an important thing, and all of her siblings have dates, even her brother who literally just turned into a teenager. She's feeling a little left out.

      Indeed, she does.

      It was long overdue. If Alyssa hadn't have gone before, Belle would have known about her dad much earlier

      Delete
  3. Poor Alyssa. She definitely missed way too much of her children's lives. :( I think it's going to be challenging for her to 'regain' her place in the family - not just in the eyes of her younger children, but also from the teens. Not Belle though. She's cool. XD

    Belle took that conversation really maturely. It's good that she didn't let her view of her mother change. And she's right =- her family is right there. She doesn't need someone who didn't want her in her life. The same goes to Nate as well. I think that conversation will be interesting.

    Lol at Melody thinking prom is all there is to the future. Personally, I think it's a good thing that Juniper can't see the future on demand. Knowing the future...I think that's both a curse and a blessing.

    Btw, is Faye a magic-less fairy now, or did she get her magic from somewhere else? The fact that she has her voice back makes me think she renounced her mothers magic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is going to be really tough for Lyss. She knows it's not her kids faults though, and it's not her own fault neither. It'll be much easier becoming friends again with the teens that Juniper and Nate. I'm glad you think Belle's cool xD

      She is really mature, and she knows that what her mom did was before... Well, before her. She knows now that she doesn't really need to meet her dad, she has all the family she could ever need at home.
      Nate learning about his dad would be quite interesting... He's not all too fussed about it though.

      It is for her! Prom's a big thing for her! Haha. It's kinda a two way thing, it would be good to control it so she could tune it out, however knowing the future could be dangerous for her... She just gets visions from time to time. Kinda like memories.

      Faye still has her own magic. She has her own, but if she did take on her mom's magic, it would be kinda like an expansion. (Like, how we all have the base game, yet all the expansion packs are option. Like, if you uninstall an expansion pack, you won't lose your base game.) Get what I mean? I'm not very good at explaining things, apologies.

      Delete
  4. Ah, yes Prom fever, it seems all the teens have caught it, lol I'm not sure what to think of Callie and Nathaniel though. Sounds like potential heartbreak for Nathaniel...

    I'm glad that Belle finally knows the truth about her dad, and that she took it very well.

    I'm also glad that Elli is dead, I hope she stays that way!

    Hmmm, a familiar face, how mysterious! I wonder who it is... =D

    Do you have Blue's More Romantic Interactions mod? Because that one makes more romantic interactions automatic, like engagements. Though I think they were just telling you that they deserve a wedding after all you put them through, lol Whatever dress you pick out, I'm sure Alyssa will make a beautiful bride. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've gone nuts with prom fever! Haha
      Hmm, perhaps it may lead to heartbreak, or perhaps not? Only the future will tell.

      She did take it very maturely, and I felt like Belle needed to know sooner or later.

      Yay for dead fairies! Lol, that sounds weird.

      Hmmmm... I think you'll know him quite well ;)

      No, I don't have that mod, but I think I should look into it. I believe it may have been their own way of telling me that they deserve to be happy.
      I think I've made my choice on the dress. I'm split between two dresses.

      Delete
  5. Aw, Alyssa's missed out on a lot.

    I'm a little concerned with how Melody's personality is turning out. She probably took fake Alyssa's words too much to heart.

    I'm glad that Belle finally knows about her dad! I can understand her not wanting to meet him now; maybe in the future. It would be interesting to see Matteo back in the story.

    I didn't know they could spontaneously get engaged, either. o_o Maybe it has something to do with woohooer settings? If you have that mod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has missed out on quite a lot :(

      She did take what 'Alyssa' said to heart, thinking that her own mother didn't think she was pretty. She'll get a bit of an ego boost soon though, don't worry.

      It would be interesting to see him back in the story, and I was tossing up whether to go with her meeting her dad or something else for her, and the something else was heads and the coin was heads so... Close.

      Trust me, I have woohooer. It might have been because they're both family oriented? I dunno. It wasn't like it wasn't going to happen eventually though anyway, so better sooner than later.

      Delete