Monday 22 December 2014

Chapter 2.35 Notes and Pages

 Juniper had learned something important: Glasses suck.


She had two main options with her glasses. The first one being to wear the ugly things and having to put up with the back of her ears hurting and looking stupid, the second option being to walk around with everything being blurry.
As  much as Juniper hated to admit it, she needed her glasses to see. She didn't feel like running into everything.


She didn't think it was fair. She never had to wear glasses as a toddler. It was only when she aged up and couldn't see anything which was when her daddy got her the evil things. He told her to bite the bullet, and that sometimes we need things that we don't exactly want.
Juniper huffed, it wasn't fair, at all. None of her brothers or sisters needed glasses. None of them had to have them! It was not fair.


Ashton woke up rather groggily, but the first thing that he noticed was that he clearly wasn't in his own room and that the home where he was is a lot smaller than his house. It was about the size of the main room back home, it looked rather old fashioned also. 
The second thing he noticed was the very pretty girl over in the kitchen area (at least, he assumed she was pretty).


Third thing was that the pretty girl had wings. Most people would probably notice the wings first, but he was distracted by... Other things.
Of course, he made the connection that if she had wings, she was a fairy. He was rather surprised to find that they actually existed. It could be argued that being that he was a supernatural too, what else would he expect? But he never really thought about fairies, what teenage guy would spend their time questioning fairies? That sounded like something more suited for his little sister.


The fairy looked relieved when she saw him awake, which made him rather confused. What had happened? He remembered that he had an argument with his mom, got annoyed and stormed out. He then recalled ending up somewhere in the woods, and then waking up here.
It left him wondering: what the hell had happened?


Ashton sat up rather slowly when he saw the fairy walking over to him, and he also noticed that she had a little note with her. He half smiled at her and in his still partly asleep state, he murmured "Hey."
She smiled back at him, and he couldn't help but wonder why she didn't say it back. She handed him a note which read "I'm Faye. I know you've only just woke up, but there's quite a lot we need to talk about. Well, you'll be talking and I'll be writing. I can't talk." and she half smiled sheepishly at him once he had read it all.


"You're Faye?" He looked at her, and she nodded. "I'm Ash" He introduces himself, and asked"You can't talk? How?" He looked over the note she had written. She had pretty handwriting, a lot of girls did.
She sighed, and wrote something down in her notebook and tearing out the page. She showed him the note which said "It's kind of a long story...There's a lot we have to go through first though." And she frowned. Ashton could tell it was something serious, he just didn't know what it was yet.


"Belle? Does your mom know you're here?" Connor was rather surprised to see his sister's eldest daughter on his doorstep.
"Yeah, she knows I'm here." Belle smiled, lying. Her mom had absolute no clue where she was, and the way she was lately, Belle doubted she cared. "Is Aunt Sabrina in? I was hoping to talk to her." She smiled innocently. 


Her uncle looked rather suspicious of her actions, so she followed with. "We were given this letter in history to work out how old it must be depending on the language, but I want to know what it says." That was only a partial lie. She had figured that the weird language in her mom's diary was one used a long time ago, and she knew her aunt loved historical things like that (or at least, that was what Belle was told.) "I was figuring Aunt Sabrina could help me with it." She smiled.
Connor narrowed his eyes, still finding it a little odd. "I think Sabrina's in the kitchen." And he stepped aside so Belle could come in.


Sabrina put Daisy down in the swing, then turned to look at Belle. "Your mom knows you're here, right?" She asked, smiling slightly at her. It was nice to see Belle, Sabrina hadn't seen her for quite a while.
Belle nodded, "I told her. So, I was hoping you could help me with this. It's a diary entry, and I remember that you liked things from forever ago." She smiled. "You're really clever with all this stuff too, it's almost as if you were alive then." Belle decided to kiss up to her Aunt a little, unaware of the partial truth behind it.
Sabrina laughed, a little uneasily. "Almost as if." She echoed, wanting to change the subject from her age. "So, what is it you want help with?"


Belle had given Sabrina the page from her mom's diary, and watched as her aunt read it though. Sabrina seemed rather uneasy reading it, which worried Belle slightly. It made her worry that she might have to start telling the truth about where she got the page from. She didn't want her aunt or uncle to worry over something that could be possibly just her imagination though, so it wasn't that bad of a lie.
That, and she liked this so far. It was fun playing detective, she felt like Sherlock Holmes! But she wore dresses and didn't have a hat, scarf or magnifying glass.
"What does it say?" She asked after a while.


"You were right. It is a very old language." Sabrina murmured after reading the page. "It's Native Simlish, we used it before there was too much of a written down language, which is why some of the 'letters' kind of look like hieroglyphics." She explained, then frowned in a concerned manner. "School gave you this?"
Belle could tell her Aunt was slightly concerned about the diary entry, which made Belle concerned about her mom. "Yeah, in history. We were told to observe the language differences, specifically the lettering used, but I wanted to know what it means." 


Sabrina frowned. "It's... Incredibly disturbing." She shuddered lightly, not liking the letter at all. "At least, what I can understand of it. It's a diary entry about taking some woman's identity, stealing her family and boyfriend, breaking the family apart and most likely going into darker things." Sabrina frowned. 
Belle tilted her head. "How do you know? I mean, how do you know that it's someone else?" She asked. She wasn't all too sure what to think of what her aunt had found out about the diary entry. Either her mom had developed a disturbing new sense of dark humor, or her mom wasn't her mom at all.


"Because, it mentions often of this other woman and taking over her life. I'm taking it means literally because it speaks of shape shifting and finding it a pain." Sabrina looked at Belle, and then asked "Do you want me to translate it for you? Then you'd remember what it means." 
Belle half smiled at her Aunt "That would be really helpful." She didn't really know what to think. All this talk of shape shifting and identity stealing made her feel sick and dizzy. Was her mother not her mom? Was that why she has been acting weird?


If it was for real, it would make sense. It would make more sense about why her mom had been mean lately, and not just blaming it on a midlife crisis. But if her mom wasn't her mom at home, then where was her real mom? This was a lot for her to take in at once.


"So. what exactly is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" Ashton asked, and watched as Faye wrote something down while giving him an odd look
Faye furrowed her eyebrows at him, wondering why he was sitting upside-down. She showed him the note which read:"Well, to start off, why did you leave your house in the first place? And why are you sitting upside-down?" Faye had her hopes on him leaving his house originally might of had something to do with 'Alyssa'.
Ashton  shrugged "Sitting upside down's comfier, I prefer it and it helps me think. I left my house because my mom was being a bitch to my sister and then when I yelled at her for it she was being a bitch to me so I walked out. I went to the woods, it felt as if something was dragging me somewhere, so I followed and then I woke up here." He explained very briefly.


Faye frowned lightly, and wrote. "I'm not sure how to write this, but your mom isn't your mom. That's why she's been acting weird. My mom kidnapped your mom, and then turned herself into her to try and ruin your family, but I want to keep that from happening which is why I kinda did the spell which made you feel like you needed to go somewhere and why you woke up here." She half smiled sheepishly at him, watching him read what she wrote.


"So, let me get this straight. Your mom kidnapped my mom, and to make it right, you kidnapped me." Ashton said outright, frowning at Faye despite the fact she was still upside-down (at least, the way he saw it she was, whereas in reality he was the wrong way up.)
She pursed her lips, frowning. She wrote down "I'm sorry. But I needed to talk to you." She honestly didn't think her plan too far through on how to talk to him.


Ashton sighed "So, is that all you needed to talk about?" He asked
Faye shook her head, and wrote "No. I think I know where your mom is being kept, but I can't rescue her. I can't get in to where she's being kept, and I can't go there because I'll be too obvious." She looked at him and wrote on a separate piece of paper "Which was why I needed to talk to you before it was too late. My mother isn't a nice person at all." She frowned.


"Right." He murmured, frowning. He wasn't fully sure if he believed her. It was a bizarre idea to comprehend and he wasn't so sure that he did. "What do you mean by before it's too late?" He frowned.
Faye sighed, and wrote down on another piece of paper. "I think you know what I mean." And she frowned, sjowing him the note.


Chapter 2.34 The Diary
______________________________

AN: I liked Ashton hanging upside-down. I thought that pose looked cute on him ^-^
So, this was originally going to be one ma-hoo-sive chapter, but then I decided to keep what suspense I have made and split it in two (Half of the next one is already written even before the pictures of this one were done so... It won't be all too long, no worries.) That and it's to give you an extra long tea break in the middle :3 (or coffee or hot chocolate, or maybe even beer, I'm not judging what you drink).

I decided that one of my sims needed glasses so I gave Juniper glasses, also for the irony. The one who can see into the future can't see, haha.

I got my first ever C last week :( but I'm saying that it didn't really count because the teacher didn't use a mark scheme (she marked a test on her own accord) and that teacher hates everyone and especially me for no freaking reason, and we haven't even gone through half of what was on the test and no one got more than a B so, yeah. I'm not counting that. I just see it as a bad teacher who's also being petty and stupid by not using a mark scheme on an exam and by not even helping us when we didn't know how to correct the tests we've done. 

But, bright side, I think I;m doing better in my English because my teacher seems less pointing-out-my-mistakes-ish and she was smiling at me more so... :3 Silver lining.

This has been a rather long AN, mostly me ranting about my psychology teacher (but she is a bitch)
Last thing, I got this pop up in game:
:( But don't worry! I still have plans for her before she goes!
It's really late now, I'm going to bed.

8 comments:

  1. I'm... missing something here... *is confused. Holy... I missed a chapter? and a haitus?!? Whoops! I'm so sorry! Ack!

    Alrighty, caught up now. SORRY!

    Poor Juniper. Maybe she'll get contacts when she gets old enough? And I LOVE that dress! I need it. Where'd you get it?

    Poor Faye. She really needs a good role model. Bless her.

    Or should it be poor Ashton? Then again, Faye is super cute. Maybe he'll find himself lucky after enough time has passed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be a little bit confusing not knowing the events of the last chapter, pretty much everything relates to that.

      It's fine :)

      Poor her. I've had glasses since I was six so I know the pain she's going through (she will certainly get contacts.) And the dress is 'Sunshine' found here: http://simplicaz.tumblr.com/post/69965062704 (The model's faces look a wee bit creepy but the dress is cute).

      She does need a good role model, imagine having the evil queen as you're mother. Not a good figure to look up to.

      Poor both of them I think, Faye has a bitch of a mom and Ash got temporarily kidnapped. Perhaps they'll find happiness (perhaps with each other) sooner or later ;)

      Delete
  2. Aw Juniper, I feel your pain when you're the only one in the family that wears glasses. So unfair, and no matter what look you try, the glasses always nerds it way up!

    And lol at Ashton beeing distracted by "other things", but he really hasn't contemplating fairys? Thought all teenaged boys did that; and unicorns. Poor Faye tries so hard, but maybe Ashton wasn't the best kidnapping choice:) She's a bit lost in the normal sim world isn't she? But atleast she's trying to make things right, if just Ash will believe her that is.

    (*has Connor fangirl moment* Why doesn't he want to have simbabies in my own game?!) Belle is on to Melancholia to? Nice, as long as she doesn't confront her about it. Now go get your aunt Rosie, she knows just how to treat fairies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks, and it's unfair. But she can always get contact lenses or embrace the nerdy (most likely contacts). I hate wearing my glasses, especially after that whole 'nerd' fad. It made me ashamed to wear them.

      He's a teenage boy, they don't take fairies or unicorns into consideration, they mostly only take girls into consideration (at least, he does.)
      She's trying hard to be a good person, and he wasn't the best guy to kidnap. He wasn't taking it all too seriously. She's trying to make it right, but it's a little difficult.

      Haha, he has five in my game. His eldest daughter, Loretta is an adult now! That's scary. I'd like to know what parallel sim-universe Connor is doing :D
      Belle is catching on to Melancholia, and she is determined to find out what has happened. She should get Aunty Rosie to sort this out though.

      Delete
  3. Aw, I feel the same as Juniper sometimes. Glasses pinch your ears and nose, and since I usually wear contacts, those rare times I do wear my glasses they just feel awkward

    I love the parallels between Belle and Ashton's perspectives. They're figuring it out. :)
    Maybe Sabrina will figure it out, too. She and Connor could help.

    Your first c? That sucks. The first time I got a d, I got 2 of them on the same day. The shock wore off eventually, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, glasses suck. I've had to wear them since I was six, and I've discovered that they suck. I have horrible vision so I have to wear them all the time (I don't. I walk around half blind majority of the time.)

      They are slowly figuring it out, the diary helps quite a lot as does Faye.
      Sabrina's more curious of Belle than anything, and she does wonder where she got that diary entry from.

      I'm not counting that C. I'm sorry, but all my other subjects I am an A* in, I think getting A* in everything but Psychology shows that it isn't my fault, it's the teacher's fault. *huffs* I hate that teacher.
      A D? Yikes. Two in one day? Double yikes :( I think I would literally start crying if I got a D

      Delete
  4. Aww, I think Juniper looks lovely with her glasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're cute, and I liked the irony of the person who can see into the future can't see well xD

      Delete