Saturday 1 November 2014

Chapter 2.32 Nasty

'Alyssa' honestly saw the downstairs being empty as a relief.


She saw it as an opportunity to go back to being herself. The fairy her. She missed her pretty pink wings, and she missed not having annoying brats around her feet, and she missed the way she looked. She missed being herself, but it felt so good to be harming someone she hates. 
She wondered if she could go back to herself for just a second. Blondie was upstairs looking after the brats and the youngest spawn. It was just a question of where the hormonal one was.


"Mom?" Oh, there she was. 'Alyssa' sighed, but then noticed how she was storming over. She grinned to herself, this could be interesting.
"Something wrong?" She asked, in almost a mocking tone just to irritate Belle further.


Belle narrowed her eyes at her mom, wondering why she was talking in that tone. "Why did you hide the message from me?" She asked straight out, frowning.
"Message?" 'Alyssa' asked, having no clue what Belle was on about. "What do you mean?"


"Don't pretend like you don't know what I mean." Belle glared at her mom. "I mean the message my dad sent me, the message about wanting to meet me that you hid from me!" She accused, really angry now. How could her mom hide something like this then play innocent like she had no clue about what was going on.
"Belle..." 'Alyssa' sighed. Out of all of them, Belle was probably her favourite. She didn't need as much attention, and she could pretty much do anything for the other brats and wouldn't question it. Belle was her favourite brat. "I honestly don't know what you mean."


"Yes, you do. I know you do. You and Tyler were hiding it from me, I know you were." She sighed, exasperated. Her mom was really starting to bug her lately. It seemed to be almost as soon as Juniper was a toddler, her mom turned into a bitch.
'Alyssa' laughed, honestly finding Belle's little outbreak entertaining. It was fun to mess with Alyssa's kids. "Really? You've thought it over in that tiny, little mind of yours, and that's what you came up with?" She folded her arms, mockingly. "That me and Tyler are hiding something from you?"


"Yeah, that is what I think. And I don't just think it, I know it. You're hiding something from me, and you hide things from pretty much all of us. Like with Ashton and Melody. When was the last time they even spoke to their dad? And me and Nathaniel don't even know who the hell our dads are, and Nate probably thinks Tyler's his dad, when he isn't. It's like you don't care about what's going to happen after that! All you care about is yourself!" Belle yelled, finally letting it all go, and it honestly felt good to tell her mom all of that. She was being selfish.


Belle didn't expect her mom to take it the way she did, she was smiling. "With due respect, Belley Boo" 'Alyssa' started, mocking friendliness and then the nastiness came, but still in a friendly tone "Your dad didn't want anything to do with you before that message, and you're right, I am selfish, but not as selfish as you. Do you have any idea what you did to my life? You pretty much put a damper on all of my social life and made me have to give up on my career." She spoke softly, nicely which contrasted with what she was saying. "And I mean, who can blame your dad for calling after so long? He probably felt pity on me for having to deal with an accident for so long, an accident I honestly wished that I had taken care of when I first found out about you. If I did that, I could possibly, at worst, have a little scar tissue or something, rather than a teenager."


Belle looked at her mom in horror. Had she really just heard what she heard? "What?" She asked, quietly. Her mom didn't want her? That wasn't a nice thing to think about at all, it hurt to think about.
"You heard me, and you said I was being selfish and keeping secrets, so there you go. There's the truth for you Belle. You were an accident, and if it wasn't for you, I could have been much happier." 'Alyssa' said simply, and watched as Belle walked off.
'Alyssa' grinned, it was fun to be nasty.


Belle went into the closest room she could see, and just broke down crying. Her mom really did know how to be mean when she wanted to. She couldn't believe what her mom had said. Her mom had basically said that she wished she was never born. It made her heart hurt to think about. She knew what she had said about her mom being selfish was mean, but her mom was nasty for keeping her dad a secret from her.


Belle brought her knees up to her chest, resting her head on her arms. She was feeling a mixed of sadness and anger. How could her mom say something like that? What on Earth was wrong with her?! Did her mom really hate her? If so, she didn't have to be so mean!
Right now, anger was mostly taking over the sadness. She just wanted to break something right now, take her aggression out on something that couldn't hurt her in return.
And then Belle saw the guitar.


She picked up the guitar, more than ready to smash it into one thousand pieces. She was just about ready to hit it over the wall, before she heard the sound of someone clearing their throat. At first she thought it was her mom, but the voice wasn't her mom's. "And just what do you think you're doing with my guitar, young lady? Just put it down, and then we can talk."
Belle put the guitar down, and was freaked out by what she saw. Why was there a ghost in the music room?!


Belle looked at the ghost, unsure if she should talk or not. What if someone could hear her? Then they would obviously think that there was someone else there, and she would wind up in trouble.
"You can talk, you know. The room's sound proof. Your granddad made it that way for me." She half smiled, then sighed. "So, what's going on?"


"Mom hates me." Belle said, straight out. "Sh-She said that she wished she had 't-taken care of me' when she could, a-and that she d-doesn't want me." She choked out while sobbing and hugging her grandmother tightly. Apparently the myth about ghosts being not fully solid was a lie. Even though the hug felt a little cold, it was a nice feeling.
"Your mom doesn't hate you Belle." Erin sighed, frowning. That really didn't sound like something Alyssa would say, although she's not seen Alyssa in years. 


"I know this probably isn't much of a consolation, but whenever I got upset, I turned to music. You might not be quite the same way as I am, but it does help, and by that I don't mean smashing up my guitar that's probably older than both you and your mom put together. No one else uses these instruments, so they're yours for the taking if you want them."
"So, these are all mine now?" She asked, "Wouldn't my mom want them or something?" 
"I tried your mom with music, she didn't like it. These instruments are just sat here collecting dust, and I remember that you liked the keyboard when you were little."


"I can kinda remember coming in here when I was little." Belle mused, thinking about it. "I have no clue how I got up on the keyboard stool, it was probably taller than me. I know my mom didn't help me up because I think she freaked out when she saw me on it." 


Once the fairly fuzzy memory was gone, Belle realized that the room was empty. She was partially sad, yes, but she had met another part of her family, and she had gotten a whole new room filled with instruments. She went over to the piano first, wanting to try that out the most.
It was very dusty, but it still worked. And the room was soundproof, just like how Erin had said.


Belle played the piano for quite a while, forgetting about sleep for that night, She found that it got a lot easier to play after a while, although her fingers started to ache after quite a while. Nevertheless, she had found something new that she loved.
She heard very quiet, muffled sounds from the other side of the door, and figured that Ashton and Melody were probably having their birthdays before school.


They both had their birthdays at the same time, mostly because Melody didn't want to go second (even though Ashton was older than her). They blew out their candles at about the same time, Ashton blowing out his candles about a second before Melody blew out hers (he was the oldest, and he wanted to go first!).


Melody kept with her usual tying her hair up and out of her face (except from a fringe) and she didn't really care all too much about the fact that it was getting colder and shorts probably weren't as practical, she liked it so she wore it.
Ashton paid more attention to the fact that it was getting colder, and had his usual long hair. He didn't know what he would look like with shorter hair, but he knew that he didn't really want to find out, If it isn't broke, don't fix it,

______________________________

AN: I hated writing that little speech Alyssa gave Belle. I felt so heartless, but I had to do it. It ties in, but I still feel like I was being a bitch to Belle (even though she's actually fine. I just feel bad for story her.) and yeah. Sorry Belle.

And I'm starting to rethink Juniper as heir now after seeing teen Melody. No, I rolled for Juniper to be heir, Juniper's heir. But Melody's so pretty, but Juniper's heir. *Sigh* I really want single with double help so I can keep all three girls, I love them all so much! <3 (Sorry Ashton and Nate, but they all have the eyes)

Also, you may have noticed (for those of you with eagle eyes) that there are family pictures up. I saw that someone else did the kind of photo shoot style pictures around their legacy house, and I thought it was an awesome so voila! There's only a couple around as of yet.

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about making that speech from "Alyssa" to Belle, it made me laugh tbh. Nasty indeed! Not that it's not sad for Belle, but that was just cold.

    So grandma materializes when someone tries breaking her guitar? Atleast she gave Belle some comfort, and now someone finally uses the musicroom again.

    The twins grew up nicely, even if Ashtons chubby cheeks still makes me wanna pinch them; granny style ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cold indeed, very cold. I felt bad for Belle because of how cold it was, and over the fact she wasn't expecting her mom to lash out like that.

      Erin's instruments were like her own kids (she probably paid more attention to the instruments also) so of course she'd get defensive if someone tries to harm one of her babies.
      Belle can use the music room again, it made me a little sad to see it constantly empty. No one ever used any of the instruments, but now I'm going to make Belle use them.

      They did, and I don't know where he gets his cheeks from. He just seems to have inherited chubby cheek from somewhere.
      Well, their granny is a ghost, so feel free to pinch his cheeks ;)

      Delete
  2. That would be harsh, coming from your Mom, poor Belle! I'm just waiting for Not Alyssa to slip up---it seems like she almost did, as she was tempted to change into her real self for a while---but then Belle found her.

    The twins aged up nicely!

    I sure hope Alyssa is able to find her way home soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very harsh :(
      There is going to be a slip up soon, 'Alyssa' is getting really tired of Alyssa's life, that and she misses her wings a lot. If Belle didn't walk in at that moment and maybe a moment later, Melancholia would have been caught.

      They did, I love the way Melody looks <3 I didn't expect her to be quite as pretty.

      Soon she will, soon.

      Delete
  3. Ouch! Poor Belle! That's a rough speech to have to hear from her 'Mom.' Here's hoping she starts to think that through a little bit. Obviously, Alyssa did keep her. Accident or no, in the end she was wanted. And that's what matters. Perhaps she won't get that immediately, I get her hurt is still incredibly fresh, but maybe down the road when Alyssa gets back it'll help bring the two together again.

    Oh, wow. I have to agree, Melody is really pretty! Ashton isn't bad, but Melody deffo wins the birthday 'who aged up better' contest. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Belle. I think she will realize that sooner or later, but right now she's just thinking that her mom kept her for the sake of keeping her. She will realize sooner or later that Alyssa does love her, and that even though she was an accident, she was a happy accident. A good part of her is wondering why her mom said that though.

      She is pretty, and it kinda messes with a plot line I had for her. *huff* I should be thankful that she's pretty though, and that she doesn't look like an elephant stood on her face.

      Delete