Saturday 11 October 2014

Chapter 2.28 Too Old For This

Alyssa didn't want to have her birthday.


It wasn't like she was dreading it, she would just prefer not to have it. She wanted to stay young and pretty forever, but knew that one day there would be wrinkles, and grey hairs and things would start going south and not being as perky and young as they were...
At least she had a big, pretty birthday cake.


And she did have all of her family around, which was an obvious positive. However, the thought of being old still loomed over her. She still felt as if she was really old. She had a teenage daughter for crying out loud! She loved Belle, without a doubt, but she did wish she was younger.


After her birthday, in the evening, Alyssa couldn't help but examine the way she looked closer. She frowned, wanting to be young again like how she was when she was younger. When she could go out without having to worry about if the kids would be alright.
She sighed slightly, and decided that she was going to go out and have some well deserved fun.


She decided to go back to the not-so-mommy-ish part of her wardrobe, wanting lowbrow fun. She just wanted to go out, have fun and feel young again.
When she saw the perfect outfit, she couldn't help but get at least a little excited.


Alyssa looked at herself in the mirror, and couldn't help but feel confident about herself. She grinned, "Five kids and I've still got it." She said to her reflection, smirking. She turned around to see if she looked just as good from the back, and grinned when she did. She didn't care all too much about going out on her own, if anything she would prefer it. As long as she made sure she didn't get herself into too much trouble, she knew she would be fine.


"I'm just worried that-" Tyler frowned, looking at what Alyssa was wearing. He knew that even around here not everyone was nice, and they had even nastier thoughts. He didn't want her to get hurt.
"Sh. I'll be fine. I'm an adult, and I know how to handle myself. It's not like I'm a teenager anymore. Once I mention I have kids and that I'm an adult, any creepy guys will be gone." She smiled slightly, making a light joke and trying to convince him while interrupting him at the same time. "I won't be going anywhere bad, just one bar, a few drinks and that's all. I'll be back before you know it." She smiled at him.
He sighed, still rather uncomfortable. "Just, be careful, Also mention to any creepy guys that you have a tough boyfriend that could easily beat them up." He smirked, and Alyssa raised an eyebrow at him. "Or at least try to." He shrugged a little.
"You won't need to try and beat someone up for me." She laughed. "What's the worst that could happen anyway?" She smiled, and kissed him before heading out.


When she was there, she noticed that unlike outside (where there was a large group of men drinking and scoping her when she walked in while making rather vulgar comments about her) the bar area was pretty much dead. "How come all those guys are outside?" Alyssa asked, fairly certain that none of them outside would hear.
The bartender shook her head. "They're the guys who run their plays strategically. They decide to scope out who enters first then once she's out of earshot, they decide who'll be 'after her'." She rolled her eyes. "They're a bunch of pigs, the lot of them." She snarled.


"Well, yeah those guys don't seem like the best, but not all guys are like that." She shrugged. "My boyfriend's nice." She smiled, assuming that the bartender probably went through a bad break up or something as to why she hated guys. Or maybe she was an extreme feminist?
She laughed, cleaning the bar. "Wow, it really is easy to tell you come from here." She murmured under her breath, then looked at her. "How do I put this... I'm more into dinner and breakfast than a relationship. And I like everything on the menu, if you get what I mean." She winked.


"Oh." Alyssa murmured, not fully sure what to say. It certainly wasn't what she thought to say the least. "I-um..."
The bartender grinned. "It's fine, Sweetie. I'm not a predator or anything, you don't have to worry." She laughed lightly. "I'm Lindsey by the way." She introduced herself, then asked. "What drink can I get you?"
"I'm Alyssa." She smiled slightly in return. "And whatever drink you recommend." She grinned.


After making the drink, Lindsey went back to cleaning out a glass. "It's a Passion Killer. It's melon and passion fruit liqueur with tequila." She explained.
Alyssa hesitated slightly before picking it up. "I like your eyebrow piercing by the way, it's cool." She grinned, and took a sip of her drink.
The drinks were a lot stronger than what she remembered, and it didn't take much for everything to get hazy.


The next morning, Alyssa woke up rather roughly. She remembered why she never went out drinking. Her mouth tasted like vomit and her head hurt. 
"Morning." She saw Tyler was stood by her side of the bed, and there was a coffee on her bedside table. He was so sweet.
She groaned slightly. "It's like you're yelling." She grumbled, and moved her hand to rub her eyes when she felt something weird on her eyebrow. "What's that?" She asked quietly, rather worried. It made it worse that she couldn't remember what on earth happened the night before. Now she thought about it, her nose and lower lip kind of hurt too. Oh God, did she get in a fight?!


Tyler winced slightly, not so sure how to tell her what it was. "You should probably look in the mirror." He had no clue how she would react to it.
Alyssa got up carefully, and only then realized she was wearing platform heels, that weren't hers and weren't the shoes she wore the night before. She then remembered where she had got those shoes from...


"Your boots are so cute!" She recalled Lindsey saying. "They would go perfect with my outfit."
Alyssa looked down at her boots, then at Lindsey's shoes, figuring that hers would go perfect with her outfit too. "Yours would go perfect with mine too." She then grinned. "You thinking what I'm thinking?" She asked, starting to take off her boots, wanting to swap shoes.
"Fine, just be careful with my Barbie shoes." She warned, taking off her own shoes and putting on Alyssa's boots,
"Barbie? Is that what you call your shoes?" Alyssa asked, putting on the Barbie shoes


"Don't pretend like you've never named your shoes. Come on, there's something fun we can do upstairs." Lindsey grinned, heading in that general general direction.
Alyssa followed, trying not to fall over, It was much harder to walk in platform shoes when one was a little bit tipsy.


"Sorry Barbie shoes, I stole you." Alyssa murmured, leaving Tyler rather confused.
"I could have sworn you had other shoes on last night." He  mumbled. Was he really that bad at noticing things?
Alyssa didn't respond, seeing what the metal thing on her eyebrow was, and why her lower lip and nose were aching.


"Crap." She whispered, seeing the piercings she got. No wonder her nose and lip hurt. She's got metal sticking out of holes in her face! Why the hell did she get a piercing?! She didn't just get one either. Three! She got three piercings! Didn't the piercer realise she was drunk? Or perhaps they pick out the drunks in particular.  "Oh my God," She whispered, honestly hoping this was somehow a dream. She didn't want those piercings anymore.
"Oh wow." Tyler grinned slightly, seeing something else she got done last night on her lower back.
She groaned. "What else did I get pierced?" She grumbled, and turned around.
"Not quite a piercing. You got a tattoo on your lower back." He said gently, hoping she wouldn't react all too bad. He could tell she was still in partial shock from the piercings discovery.


"Oh my God!" She yelled, not bothering about the pain it would cause from her achy head. She then remembered not to be so loud because the kids were still asleep. "I have a freaking butterfly tattoo!" She yelled in a whisper, freaking out. "I have a butterfly tattoo and I have three piercings." She sat down on the bed, her head in her hands.
"I kinda like nose piercing." He grinned, and got a glare off of her. He sighed, "Your tattoo looks a little bruised though, did you fall coming back in?" He asked.
Alyssa tried to think of what happened, and another hazy memory came back to her. "Not coming back in." She murmured.


"I remember this place now!" Alyssa's voice was slightly slurred, and her mind wasn't working quite as quick. "I met Tyler here when I was younger." She recalled aloud but her eyes widened when she saw what Lindsey was doing.
"Apart from back then, there probably wasn't this." She smirked, managing to keep perfect balance against the pole.


"H-How did you get up there?" She asked, in amazement. The last time she recalled. there was a shuffleboard table, and not a stripper pole!
"It's easy." Lindsey grinned, and got down from the pole. "Why don't you give it a try?" She suggested.


Alyssa held on to the pole, and casually swung herself around on it. "This is kinda fun." She grinned. Not like she would ever take up a profession like that, she couldn't. She knew that her brother and sister would probably lock her up in the house if she ever did.
"And boring." Lindsey sighed. "Take it from someone who knows, the poles are used to be sexy and the best moves are usually the ones where you lift yourself off of the ground. Why don't you try it? And we'll see if we can make it rain." She laughed lightly.
Alyssa managed to lift herself off of the ground, and she turned herself upside down.


"You're pretty good at this." Lindsey smirked. "Are you sure you've never done this type of thing before?" She asked.
"I had to climb the rope in P.E at my school, but that's it. No other experiences with poles or ropes." She murmured, starting to go lightheaded. Was the pole always this slippery? She tried to keep herself up on the pole, but it didn't last all too long.


She landed on her butt and her lower back with a thud, groaning. She was just lucky she managed to turn halfway through the fall so she didn't land on her head and hurt herself.
"I'm too old for this." She grumbled. "I'm an adult now, I'm too old." She managed to sit up,
She scoffed. "You're never too old, honey. I'm half grey, and I'm still not too old for this. Age is physical, feeling old is mental. You can do all the stuff you want even when you're an elder if you really wanna." She grinned, and helped her up. "There's one more place we need to go."
Alyssa looked up at her, before taking her hand. "Wherever you want." She grinned.


"Well, that's why that's sore." She murmured to herself, sighing. She made a mental note to never ever go out drinking again. She didn't even have that much! The drink just had a weird affect on her... 
"What happened?" Tyler asked, looking at her and then sitting down next to her. "Did something happen?" He couldn't help but sound at least a little bit worried.
"Accident involving a stripper pole." She grinned sheepishly. "This girl called Lindsey kinda pressured me into it." She murmured, resting her head on him and cuddling up to him. She felt tired and kind of just wanted to crawl back into bed and sleep for a while.


"A stripper pole?" He asked, frowning. Obviously he was uneasy over the fact that his drunk girlfriend was swinging around on some pole.
"No guys were there, no one looking me over, so don't worry." She smiled reassuringly. "I'm still your hungover, pierced mess." She grinned at him. 
"I kinda like some of the piercings. It feels like I'm dating a bad girl or something." He grinned at her.
"Sorry to disappoint, but they're not staying and the tattoo I'll think about." She knew that getting tattoos removed was supposed to be painful. She didn't really want to go through pain if she could avoid it.
"Can't you at least keep one of them?" He asked nicely. "Like maybe the nose stud?" He grinned at her.



"That depends on if you take the kids to the festival, and I'll meet you there in about an hour or two after?" She looked up at him. She loved all of her kids, she really did, but she didn't love how loud they could be, especially when she was hungover.
"As long as you promise not to stay here too long." He wasn't fully sure on how long he would be able to manage for while making sure everyone was still somewhere near.
She kissed him softly. "I won't. I'll be two hours tops, but I think I have to give the shoes back."


Alyssa shouldn't have felt as nervous as she did approaching the bar again. It was the middle of the day and it was in the middle of nowhere. What could possibly go wrong? She knew this town through and through. She couldn't shake the bad feeling though. Maybe it was just her being uncharacteristically neurotic.


She had this irrational feeling like someone was watching her. She knew she had criticized it many times in movies, but she couldn't help but ask: "Is anyone there?". She wasn't so sure if the silence was comforting or worrying though. There were no sounds of footsteps around, or any noise at all. That put her oh so slightly at ease.
There was a faint sound of footsteps behind her, and before she knew it...


There was the feeling of arms around her, dragging her backwards. Alyssa tried kicking, screaming and biting but there was some sort of cloth over her mouth hidden by the stranger's hand. Whatever it was, it smelled sweet and made her feel kind of light headed.
"If I were you, I'd shut up. I can easily snap your neck and I'd have no hesitation in doing so." Alyssa recognized the voice from somewhere. She couldn't fully remember where though. "Just let the chloroform do it's job." There was a slight hint of happiness behind the stranger's voice, and Alyssa remembered where she had heard that voice before.


"I know all about you Alyssa Matthews. Creepy as it may sound, I've been interested in your family for a while. Mostly because of what your sister did. See, your sister killed one of my close friends. I think you knew her too." It was that psycho fairy! That was the voice. She could remember clearly what had happened now, and knew why she felt uneasy in Juniper's room. That psycho fairy tried to kill her once, which probably meant...


"I swear, it's like you've put on weight." Melancholia grumbled, picking up Alyssa once she was unconscious. She honestly preferred her that way. She was a lot better when she wasn't talking, and a lot better when she wasn't as chirpy. Melancholia knew her plans would be difficult, but she also knew her plans would finally give her what she wanted and more. She couldn't help but smirk.
All she would have to do is pretend.

Chapter 2.27 A Gift                                                                                    
______________________________

AN: I kinda like the nose piercing. I wasn't so sure if it suited Alyssa at first, but I think it's growing on me. I'm more of a fan of guys having piercings, (guys with eyebrow piercings! Squee! *melts*) but it's just a little nose stud so it's fine.

I have no personal experience of being drunk nor hung over. All my knowledge is from what I've picked up from people that have been drunk (and the usual alcohol=death rant that school gives. Also mobile phones=death, sex=death, drugs=death and anything remotely fun or stress relieving=death. )

I was going to have this chapter out yesterday but I had a performance yesterday, and honest to honest I'm a little disappointed with how it went. There were a bunch of technical glitches at the start and two people forgot important lines (one guy didn't even bother freaking learning his lines, and he had a fucking bigger part than me! I'm not saying I should be queen or anything but come on! That ain't fair. He had all the important lines and stuff too.) But at least I got to be the main character for a little bit where I nearly tripped and caused a domino effect by knocking everyone else down (in true Carrie style.) but at least I didn't live my fear of falling off the top block which is about 5ft high and break my nose. Accomplishment for the clumsy!

Anyway, back to Sims/chapter related, for those of you with eagle eyes, you might've seen the tattoo Alyssa got in an earlier picture. 
Also, I shamefully love Alyssa's clubbing outfit. I really want a corset like that. I have a black one but I want a pink one too!

Thank you for reading! 

6 comments:

  1. Dadgum it Melancholia. Get over it! Leave her alone!

    Lol at Alyssa's birthday mid-life crisis. She certainly let loose didn't she! And Lindsey was right though. If you feel young, you are. Age is just a number. Hopefully Alyssa figures that out at some point. Though I bet she will. At least, I bet she will if Melancholia would booger off! *harrumph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does just kinda need to shoo off, doesn't she? She should just let live let die, but she won't. She wants her revenge (even though her plots get easily foiled)

      Let loose with a credit card and ID. Not a good combination to have, lol. According to the percentage thing, she was pretty much guaranteed to have an MLC.
      Age is just a number, and Alyssa does realize that, she just doesn't like the number that's attached to her. She'll know she has plenty to be proud of and shouldn't feel crisis-y, and who knows, maybe Melancholia can help her realize that.

      Delete
  2. So Alyssa's having a midlifecrisis, which I get to be honest. It's not fun getting older... But she clearly had a fun time partying, even if she doesn't remember to much.

    Personally I think piercings are pretty, especially smaller once in the nose. But I know quite a few with that and tattoos, and no one are the typical freaky types you see on tv. It's pretty common here. And Alyssa looks good with hers.

    I hate saying this, but Melancholia impresses me this chapter. There she is with all her pink and fluff, then she manages to overpower and carry a grown woman! Nice, and boo! Leave Alyssa alone! She can't keep having a midlife crises if she's dead.

    On another note; ofcourse you can be queen! If those you perform with can't even be bothered learning their lines. Good thing you didn't do a nosedive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's not fun. I had a freakout the other day because I was closer to 20 than 10 and closer to finishing college than starting school. Is there such thing as a midteen crisis?
      I'm not surprised she's having a midlife crisis. On the little list, she's ticked almost all the boxes, hehe. She very much did have a fun time though.

      I like piercings too, I loved my belly button one when I had it :3. I also knew this girl with a nose ring and I really wanted one.
      I've never met a freaky tattooed person neither, the only person with a tattoo I know is my mum (and it's only a tiny little turquoise star on her lower back) Alyssa really can pull it off. I was a little nervous about it, I wan't sure if she could pull it off. She can though.

      She be hench like that ;) (she's strong. Sorry, I couldn't help but use the 'h' word, hehe). I figured she's be kinda strong-ish.
      *sigh* poor Alyssa. She can't even have a midlife crisis in peace, can she?

      That really irked me, and if I've gone down a grade for losing the atmosphere because of him... (One two three four five six seven okay Carrie's good again). It was a good thing I didn't do a nose dive. As hilarious as it would have been, I would've got a U probably.

      Delete
  3. I was honestly a little worried that Alyssa would find another man while she was out, but it's just Lindsey. Did they do anything else together? Haha

    No! Bad Melancholia! Swiper no swiping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, no more guys for Alyssa. She's happy with Tyler now (she would have been happy with him for quite a while if it wasn't for the half siblings and second chance rolls) Just Lindsey though, nothing else done together.

      Haha! That made me laugh! Swiper no swiping indeed! (I used to love Dora. She taught me how to count to ten in Spanish)

      Delete