Wednesday 13 August 2014

Chapter 2.16 Dancing Isn't Cheating

Like a lot of men, Adrian followed sports seemingly religiously.


Sure, he wasn't as devoted as many people were, but he still supported his team like the majority of people out there. Alyssa didn't understand the point in football, or any sport for that matter. It was all simply just a collection of overpaid airheads being celebrated because they can run while carrying a ball.


"Maybe its because everything moved too fast, you know what I mean? We had only just started dating, and then the twins came along and everything had to be rushed." Alyssa sighed, trying to think about what went wrong aloud. "Or maybe it's because we never really did anything together. I mean, I always used Belle as an excuse to not go out, but I could have just called my brother or sister and asked if they could watch her for a while."  She rambled on, lounged across the bed. There was only a double bed in their room, but Alyssa managed to get it.


They both had arguments for why either of them should have the double bed, and neither of them exactly wanted to share with the other, so they settled it like how mature adults would. 'Discussing' as they called it and 'looking over the reasons'.


Of course, Adrian would like to say he gave over the double bed privilege to her, whereas she prefered to say that she had won (also that scissors cuts paper.)


"I mean, we could have gone dancing or something. I doubt either of us know how to, I certainly don't, but it would have been nice to learn." She sighed. "I know it's my fault I'm having all these doubts, and there's not much else I can do. What's done is done and I'll just have to hope he takes it alright when I say that I don't want to get married." She murmured, then asked. "Are there any movies in here? I really want to watch one." She then got up, and went towards where a collection of movies and books were stored.


Adrian sighed, getting up and seeing her pick out one of the movies. He could think of a million things he'd rather do than watch a movie about some girl who meets someone she doesn't get along with at first, and then slowly falls in love with and kisses in the rain. "How about doing something else rather than watching a movie? There's a lot outside of the hotel room, and a lot of things to do."
Alyssa scoffed, "I'm not exactly in the mood to go out clubbing. I used to like the loud music and slutty dancing but I'm not a teenager anymore." She shrugged.


"Then how about actual dancing?" He suggested. "You always said you wanted to go, why not?" 
She rolled her eyes, "For a start-" She held up her left hand, showing off her ring. "May not be perfect, but it's still there. Secondly, it's late and most decent places are probably closed and thirdly  neither of us know how to and I don't feel like embarrassing myself by not knowing how to dance." She smiled bitterly. "That's why not."
"Dancing isn't cheating Alyssa. And seeing as you don't know how to dance, there's an empty ballroom upstairs where I can teach you."


Alyssa grinned, walking up to him. "I'm sorry, but you said you could teach me? I honestly doubt you know how to dance. You don't really seem like the type to know." 
He smirked in response, "So, you think I'm lying?"
She considered it, "I'm not sure. If you aren't then I'd want to see you prove it, but if you are lying I'd like to see you make a fool of yourself." She grinned.


"Okay, so maybe you do know what you're doing."  She had to admit, but couldn't help but wonder, "How do you know exactly?"
He sighed, "My aunt made all my family learn for her wedding. She's a perfectionist like that and everyone had to know at least the basic steps in the tango, waltz and foxtrot. They're all kinda similar so they're easy to remember."


"I suppose I'm lucky in the way that I've never had a perfectionist aunt to force me to learn how to dance. I don't think I have any aunts or uncles." She murmured. "I've never really thought about my own extended family."
"Really? No aunts or uncles?" He asked, finding that a little odd. "But you at least knew your grandparents, right?" 
She shook her head. "I think my dad's mom passed away when he was little, and my mom never spoke about her family."


Alyssa was soon a step or so behind Adrian, "Can you slow down a little?" She asked, trying to keep up. "You're going way to fast."
"This is as fast as you're supposed to go, just keep up." He replied simply, slowing down a little bit though. 
"I can't keep up when you're going impossibly fast." She pointed out, "Why do you get to lead anyway? Why can't I?" She pouted.


"It's usually the guys that lead and the women that follow. That, and you're still learning." He shrugged, making sure she was still keeping up.
"That's kinda sexist." She murmured, frowning. "Why can't I try at leading? If it goes wrong, then you can go back to it." She smiled.
He shook his head, "It's best if we just keep it at this." He then winced when Alyssa 'accidentally' stepped on his foot. "Stepping on my foot just proves my point."


Despite that small disagreement, it was actually quite fun dancing and talking in the empty, small ballroom. It looked more like one that used to be used often. Alyssa was partially surprised that Adrian was possible of being somewhat nice, and she also realized that she probably wouldn't have done something like this back home with Damon.


"You're getting good at this." Adrian smiled. "But it also means you can't 'accidentally' stand on my feet."
She smiled in return. "I'm a quick learner, what else can I say?" She grinned at what he added. "Even professionals make accidents." She argued in return.
"How about trying something new?" He suggested, and she raised an eyebrow in response. "Relax one of your legs, but keep the other foot firmly on the floor. You're going to have to trust me with this."
She did as he said, then gave him a condescending look. "Trust you? Trust you how?" She asked, smirking slightly.


She took a sharp intake of breath as he dipped her, honestly thinking at first he was going to drop her.  
"See? I know what I'm doing and you can trust me." He smiled at her, a little amused by how purely terrified she looked.
"I didn't exactly need a heart attack." She murmured, the second time this trip she's been breathless. She prefered this over than choking though. "I do trust you in certain ways, but not in a 'catch me when I fall' way."
He helped her back up, "So, what ways do you trust me?"


When she stood back up, she went close to him, and rested her head on his shoulder as they gently swayed. To say that earlier she was against dancing because she thought it was inappropriate, it surprised him that she got so close. "I'd trust you with a few things, perhaps with a secret." Her voice was slightly muffled against his shoulder.
"And that is...?" He asked. He probably wouldn't remember what it was by the time they got home, but it's not fair to taunt someone with a secret.


"I think my fiance's cheated on me." She whispered, hardly even able to believe it herself. "I doubt it though, it's probably just me being neurotic about him being with his ex wife so often, but I just can't help but wonder." She sighed softly. "I mean, he just seems to be seeing his other daughter often, and I know it's bad, but..." She trailed off, and frowned. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. She wasn't supposed to be wondering if her fiance's been faithful or not, she should be able to trust that he has been. He's a nice guy too, she doubted that he would but there's a nagging voice at the back of her mind that's telling her otherwise.
"Then he's an idiot, and isn't realizing what he has and what he'll be giving up if he is cheating or has cheated." He said honestly, looking at her as she looked back at him. Their eyes were locked, his stormy grey on her violet, and something just clicked.


Neither of them intended on it, it just sort of happened. It was far from professional, and far from appropriate, but it just felt right, and it felt like the right thing to do. Alyssa thought she would feel bad about cheating on Damon and she did feel bad, just not as much as she had thought. It made her feel rather heartless, but another part of her thought that if he had (possibly, she wasn't so sure) done the same thing to her, why couldn't she play dirty too? "I think we should go back into the hotel room." She whispered into his ear after the kiss, raising one of her eyebrows briefly.
He seemed rather hesitant, "Are you sure?" He asked, and she nodded in return, she was sure. 


In the room, he kissed her just like in her dream. She wasn't really thinking all too much about home as this happened, and was more in the moment. It was partially ironic how in these walls earlier she had been so against cheating, but now she was, with someone she didn't expect to be cheating with. She never wanted to get involved with someone who worked where she did, but what was the harm?


Her dress and Adrian's shirt and trousers were on the floor, and it was an unspoken fact that their underwear would soon follow in their other clothes path. Alyssa did feel partially bad about cheating on Damon, but if he did cheat on her, why shouldn't she do the same? Yes, it was a little immature, and maybe she should talk to him before getting some sort of vengeance, but that just wasn't how this time went.

Chapter 2.15 Interlude; The Ex and The Incident                          
_____________________

AN: I think it's safe to say that the family structure for this generation isn't couple. If it was, I would've made it happy and my attempt at romantic instead of cheating and mistrust and ugh-ness (coining that word), but it isn't couple, ergo why it's crossed out on the side bar (if not, Carrie's forgetful and is sorry and she'll get around to it.)
The dancing poses were my home made ones, apart from the one with her head on him. I thought that pose was cute and one of mine turned out haywire. 
My heart started to hurt a little writing the little speech where Alyssa thought Damon was cheating. It made me feel rather depressed, but ah well. 

Not a very happy chapter to be honest, then again, not a lot of them have been *sigh* Soon enough they'll be less sad and more happy (hopefully.)

16 comments:

  1. ... oh no... Alyssa don't.... cough.... Damon is so nice (boring) and ehm..... Sorry, but I can't be mad at Alyssa, her and Adrian are hot together :) Sorry....

    Any womanizer knows how to dance, and the poses looks good btw. Her comments about wanting to lead was funny. She keeps dreaming of the perfect fairytale life, but doesn't want to bow to regular gender norms, or sees the point of it.

    But why is Adrian asking her if she's sure? Does he have a moral compass? Why is he more complex than I thought? That's a bit scary...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and if you like them two together, then that's your opinion. I'm glad you at least somewhat like Adrian though (even if only with Alyssa) no one seems to like him.

      I know, I needed to think of why he'd be able to and the aunt's wedding story just popped into my head. I figured she'd be the kind of girl who wanted to try leading, and she does want her fairytale life but still wants to be at least a little independent and not having to rely on a guy to do things for her.

      He does have a moral compass, and he does (somewhat and slightly) care,

      Delete
  2. I knew their relationship was going to crumble after the boutique chapter. I was just hoping she wouldn't end up with stupid handsome Adrian! I don't trust him. He's too smarmy and he smirks far too often (or at least I always imagine him smirking).

    It's too bad Alyssa is right about Damon. The single roll is terrible, isn't it?

    Those dancing poses are very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been planning on the crumble from as far back as when we met Tawni. I didn't want to randomly murder him, so crumbling seemed better.
      I know you really don't trust him, and I kinda imagine him that way too, always with a smirk on his face and all womanizing like that.

      It is. Their relationship was never meant to work out, and I feel kinda bad about it. Alyssa's roll isn't actually single, but it does feel like it should be. She seems to be on her own often.

      Thank you =3

      Delete
  3. Love your dancing poses! Will you be releasing them?

    *sigh. *shrug. I can't say I didn't see it coming after the last two but still. Oh Alyssa. This won't lead to anything good I bet. And certainly nothing wonderful or easy for her. Then again, she's right that everything with Damon has been rushed and that's scary for anyone. How well can she really attest to knowing him especially with the incident that she doesn't know about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =3 and they need perfecting and tweaking before I'll release them, especially the positions on the kiss pose, it's clippy like mad.

      It was clear to see especially after the wedding dress incident. I can see why you think it wouldn't lead to anything good, easy or wonderful, Adrian isn't exactly trustworthy and Alyssa can be a little naive at times. Her relationship with Damon has been incredibly rushed, and it really scared her especially based on it's her first serious relationship. Neither of them can say they know the other all too well, especially after both incidents that have happened

      Delete
  4. Ah Alyssa... cheating won't help anything and it means that when/if she finds out what she already suspects she'll have surrendered the moral high ground - at least Damon only kissed his ex (or let her kiss him).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really doesn't help anything, and she will have to surrender the higher ground. What she believes (and for the record, I disagree with) is that if he cheated, even though she isn't sure, she can cheat right back, even though she technically did it worse.

      Delete
  5. I think Alyssa needs to give herself a 24 hr. time out before doing anything life changing, to think about things like consequences for decisions she makes, she is way too impulsive! Sleeping with her boss? That could make things at work awkward too. This one decision she has made has the potential to blow up all areas of her life, personal and professional.
    (With that said, I happen to like Adrian better than Damon anyway. Poor guy, lol I just don't think he was ever a really good match for her.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies for the late reply
      She could do with 24 hours (or more) to think about what she's done/doing but she's already partially made mistakes. She's really impulsive, and needs to be reined back before she does things like this.
      It is a really delicate thing to sleep with Adrian, and it can really mess things up for her in her place of work. Not only awkwardness and rumours would be circling around too of it (if anyone ever did find out that is.)
      He wasn't supposed to be a good match for her, and I always found it difficult writing their relationship. It took me ages to write the proposal bit, mostly because they're not right for each other.

      Delete
  6. Hmm, looks like both of them will end up sleeping on that double bed after all. I'll admit though, I think Adrian is a better match with Alyssa than Damon. Still, cheating is never right, even if the other person cheated first (which wasn't really the case this time). To be honest though, I don't think Alyssa will ever be truly comfortable in a committed relationship - she's too much of a free spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rock, paper, scissors wasn't necessary in the end.
      Damon and Alyssa were never supposed to be all too good together, and I'm saying that now.
      Cheating is never right, but Alyssa had it in her mind that he had cheated, and she didn't know how far he had gone (if he did).

      Alyssa is quite a free spirit, but the main reason she freaked out and cheated was also because she probably felt as if it's all gone way too fast

      Apologies for a late reply

      Delete
  7. Only one bed? They sure are making use of it.

    Alyssa is gorgeous in the purple dress!

    I understand where Alyssa's coming from. I don't think she's doing the "right" thing, but I understand her point of view. And I'm wondering how many children she rolled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They got around the issue of there only being one bed rather soon.

      The dress is from here: http://anubis360.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/always-on-my-heart-my-last-creations.html
      and the hair is from here:
      http://anubis360.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/peggy-september-10-special-gift.html
      Alyssa's general gorgeousness is exclusive though ;)

      She's not quite doing the right thing, and she knows it's not but neither is staying with someone. All I'll say on her number of children is that it's an interesting one

      Delete
    2. Ah, yes. I've tried that dress on a few of my sims, and it just didn't look quite right. It's perfect on Alyssa. I should play around with it. Now I want that hair, it's nicely messy.

      So mysterious, haha! Just have to wait for all her kids then.

      Delete
    3. You've just gotta find the right colours for your sims when it comes to this dress. The purple looks good on Alyssa, which is why the dress works. You can have the prettiest thing in the world, but it won't look right if the colour doesn't agree.
      I love Anubis's versions of Peggy hairs too.

      Very mysterious indeed ;)

      Delete