Sunday 11 May 2014

Chapter 2.03 Beauty and the B**ch

"You didn't tell me that he had a girlfriend."


There was the sound of Tallulah groaning over the phone. "I just woke up, okay? Who has a girlfriend?" There was the sound of shuffling over the phone.
"Tyler. He has a girlfriend." Alyssa explained, frowning. "Why didn't you tell me when we met up for coffee?"
"Tyler has a girlfriend?!" She asked, sounding shocked. Clearly, it wasn't only Alyssa that didn't know about this mystery woman.


"Yes, he does and knowing my luck, she's probably a supermodel or something!" She snapped in a whisper. She then sighed, and apologized reluctantly "Sorry for snapping."
"Its fine. And I doubt she is a supermodel. Just remember that you and him have a history together. If some skank wants to get in the way of that, let her. And let her get heartbroken because he'll probably just come back to you." Tallulah said simply, as if it was the obvious thing. "How's Little Lyssie anyway?"


"The baby's fine, and I'm alright. Everything's ready and prepared for her, its just a waiting game now." She smiled.
"You're still pregnant? I thought the baby would have been born by now." Tallulah sounded almost restless. "And what if it turns out to be a boy? What will you do with the girly room?"
"Still pregnant, but she'll be here soon at least." Trying to look on the brightside, Alyssa half smiled. She just wanted to see and hold and cuddle her baby girl already! "And I know its a girl. I'm one hundred percent certain she's a girl."
"Whatever you say, but if you call me saying that she's a he, I will laugh at you. I can assure you of that." There was a slight pause, before she continued with "Look, I've got to go. I'll talk to you... Soon, okay?"
Sighing, Alyssa responded "Okay, I'll talk to you soon. Bye." And with that, the line went dead.


After her phone call, Tyler came into Alyssa's room. She honestly just hoped that he didn't hear anything that she was saying about him on the phone. She was grateful that he was staying, and helping out, but at first when she asked, she honestly hoped it would be in the hopes of getting close. "Why do you have your coat on?" She raised an eyebrow, looking him up and down.
"Because, we're going to go out in the snow, and make a snowman." He grinned, "and no, you don't have a choice."


"Tyler... I don't know." She sighed, honestly not wanting to go out into the cold. It was warm inside, and there wasn't any snow inside.
"C'mon, it'll be fun." He grinned. "We can go to the Winter Festival later too if you want." He raised an eyebrow, trying to tempt her.
She groaned, and rolled her eyes. "Fine. I'll build a snowman with you, but only because you'd probably suck at building one on your own." She grinned.


"Are you sure we're doing this right? It's head looks a little fat." Alyssa noted, smoothing down what she thought was the head of the snowman. She couldn't help but laugh a little, thinking about how different the song would be if Frosty was an overweight snowman.
"That's the top part of the body, not the head." He stopped adjusting the bottom part of the snowman's body to look up at her "and I don't think snowmen can be overweight."
"He can dance, can't he? Why can't he get fat?" She pointed out.


"See? It looks less fat when its got a head." He grinned, making sure that the bottom and middle spheres were connected.
"Still, he's a little tubby though." She poked the snowman where its stomach would be (if it was real). "Maybe he should think about dieting." She joked.
"I'm sure by spring, all the extra pounds will have melted away." He grinned, and both of them laughed at the bad kind-of pun.


After decorating the Snowman with whatever the two of them could find in the house, they spent a while admiring their work.
"So, are you glad I forced you to build a snowman?" He asked.
She nodded, "Okay, fine. I'm glad, and I had fun. But, now we're going to the winter festival, like how you promised." She grinned, and the two of them went off


It was fairly obvious what Alyssa would do. She went straight to get the last gnome that was afflicted with the Seasons and the last original one they sold at the festivals. If anything, she knew that the easier gnomes to collect was done. She would have to try and manage to collect the more difficult ones for her ongoing research. But she knew that her collection (possibly her findings too) would be awesome.


The hot tub was without a doubt her favourite right now. It was so bubbly and soothing and just perfect. The temperature was just right, and she started to relax. It was a little odd how there was a hot tub at the winter festival, but it was probably to warm people up. However, everything was just right.
Just right that is, until she felt something a little wrong.


She put her clothes back on, and went over to the ice skating rink, where Tyler was. She felt that same feeling again, and thought it was probably best to go to the hospital fairly soon. "Tyler!" She called, and could see he was coming over to her. "I need to go to the hospital." She spoke a little quieter as he got closer.


Once she was home, Alyssa wasn't the only girl in the house. She knew the baby was a girl, and she was right. She had a beautiful little baby girl to spoil and pamper.
When she did get home, the first thing she wanted to do was to get changed into her clothes again, and get changed into something more her. Yes, it was a little selfish, but she needed to feel like herself again. Herself, who was now a mom.


Alyssa carefully placed her baby girl in the crib. She did it very slowly too, almost scared that she'll hurt her if she went too fast. She was just so tiny though, and adorable. She realized that it didn't bother her if Matteo wasn't around, she could do this on her own.
However, while Alyssa was tending to her little girl, she was unaware of the visitor downstairs.


It was Tyler's girlfriend, Spirit (not her real name, but the one she prefers to go by.) "So, our place is ready." She smiled softly, looking at him. "All of the nasty auras are gone, and you don't have to stay here anymore." She kissed him on the nose, then giggled.
He smiled back at her, "It wasn't that bad staying here, you know. I kinda liked staying with Alyssa." He shrugged, and Spirit stepped back.


"Alyssa? You've been staying with Alyssa?!" Spirit yelled in a whisper. She didn't want Alyssa to hear their conversation, but she couldn't just be fine with this. She was his ex-girlfriend, and to make it worse, his pretty. first ex-girlfriend.
"Well, yeah." He shrugged, not fully seeing what the big deal was. "Its not like there's anything between me and her anymore. You're the one I love." He smiled.


Spirit sighed, and looked away. "I know you love me, but you should have told me you were staying with Alyssa." She mumbled.
"I honestly didn't think it would bother you too much. There's nothing between me and Alyssa, and there never will be as long as I'm with you." His arms went on to her shoulders, and he tried to get her to look at him.


Spirit sighed, "I don't want to sound too much of a b**ch when I say this, but I don't want you talking to her." She looked at him. "For a start, she cheated on you, and I don't even get why you're still willing to talk to her." She frowned. "I know its bad, but I'd just feel a lot better if you didn't talk to her, and if you didn't see her."
Tyler frowned at her request. Never talk to Alyssa? How could he do that? Yes, there was some history there, but surely they were both over that. He couldn't just stop talking to Alyssa, but he didn't want to lose Spirit. He sighed, "I'll go talk to her, and I'll meet you at our place." He half smiled at her.


When he went upstairs, he guessed that Alyssa would probably be in the baby's room, and she was. She was cuddling her daughter, unaware of the fact that he was even there. She was almost in a trace, just holding her little girl close.
"Have you thought of a name?" He asked, although quietly.


"Belle." She answered, her attention still on the baby. "It means beauty." Her explanation was vague.
Tyler couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at her choice of name. Belle, it was a French name. "Belle?" He then pursed his lips, "He used to call you that." He didn't ask, he knew that's what that French guy called her.
"Yeah, and I thought it was pretty, and it has a nice meaning." She smiled, and finally turned to face Tyler. "Is something wrong?" She asked.


"My girlfriend Spirit just came over-" He started, and was soon interrupted by Alyssa.
"Spirit? That's a stupid name." She murmured, laughing a little. She put on a straight face again, "Sorry. Go on."
"Our new place is ready, so I won't need to stay here anymore." He managed to say the first bit, now he just needed to say that he could never talk to her.



"Oh." She bit her lower lip, honestly a little disappointed. "Right, you said you could only stay for a while." She didn't want him to go, but what else could she do? He had a girlfriend. "We'll meet up later this week though, right?" She asked.
He hesitated. "I'm not sure if this week will work for me. I'll get back to you." He made up that excuse, not wanting to say that he could never talk to her again. He couldn't say that, mostly because he didn't want to forever give up on their friendship. Maybe if things don't work out with Spirit, there may still be a chance? Possibly.


There were two of the little swings. One in Belle's room, and one in Alyssa's office area. She carefully placed Belle in, and turned it on. Alyssa could remember having one of these when she was little, and she remembered that she loved it. Also, it was so Belle could have something entertaining while she was working.


But right now, she wasn't exactly working. She figured that if Tyler could find someone else, why couldn't she? So, she signed up to a dating website. She knew that was a bad way of meeting new people, but why not at least give it a shot? If it doesn't work out, she can just give up on internet dating and do it the old fashioned way. But she should at least give it a try.

Chapter 2.02 Perfect Fake Family                                                           
______________________________

Right now, I'm considering whether or not I'd want Belle to be my heir.
She inherited Erin's brunette hair (at least when I checked her out in CAS she did.) and I honestly really liked that hair colour.
So, 1/? children is born, and unless if you dropped the hint, the Gen Goal is Awesome, and I'm going to collect all the gnomes I can (without breaking the career rules).

11 comments:

  1. Wow, Spirit took that a lot better than expected. But I agree with Alyssa, it's a strange name for a human.
    Belle is a pretty name, and she's so cute. I can't wait to see her as a toddler.
    Good luck with the online dating Alyssa. Hope you have more luck with that, than my sims ever did :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a strange name, but that's the type of person she is. She's an 'earthy' girl.
      I totally didn't get that name from the Disney Princess, what are you implying? *shifty eyes*
      Her online dating will hopefully be successful, fingers crossed that is.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Spirit took that a lot better than I would have. I'm impressed that situation didn't get out of hand. I was half-expecting Tyler to stick around for a while longer and potentially make another oops baby. But this is better. Hopefully Alyssa's online attempts to find love will work out well. (I'm nearly at the point of resorting to that myself, so I feel for her :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she took it very well and maturely, I would have thrown a hissy fit and slapped my boy's ex, and called her a whore (which would have been very entertaining...)

      Alyssa already has one oops baby, she doesn't need another oops baby xD

      Online dating works for some people, and really it doesn't matter how you meet someone. For Alyssa, we'll see what happens ;)

      Delete
  3. Hey Alyssa? You just got home with new baby whose daddy hasn't even checked back in to see if the baby was born. Your ex just walked out the door again. Now is probably not the best of times to be looking at dating websites. O_o Slow down a little!

    And Spirit was far more considerate than I would have been and I really hope Tyler noted that. She doesn't deserve what I see coming down the tracks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her reasons for going so fast will actually be described at one point, so there is actually a reason to why she's doing this.

      She is very considerate. She's one of those girls who just wants to be nice to everyone, you know what I mean?

      Delete
  4. Hmm, Spirit seemed to take things very well, but I get a funny feeling about her for some reason.

    Tyler on the other hand didn't make a very good showing in this chapter - he wants to still be in contact with his ex (usually a mistake) but he's not prepared to say that to his current girlfriend and he's not prepared to tell Alyssa that he can't talk to her again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that funny feeling is due to half of the people that I introduce are evil? :D

      No, he really didn't. He's caught between the two girls, and doesn't want to let either of them go.

      Delete
  5. "Just remember that you and him have a history together." --Not really much of one, though.

    Anyway, I love the name Belle! Wasn't Erin already a blonde when Alyssa was born, though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still, at least its something.

      Its so pretty, isn't it? (I totally didn't get it from the disney princess). And yes, she was a blonde which honestly confuses me. Maybe it was a very coincidental mutation? Or maybe it might have been Matteo's hair colour, I'm not fully sure to be honest... It confused me.

      Delete
  6. oh! And I'm all caught up! Yay!

    ReplyDelete