Monday 21 April 2014

Chapter 1.46 Family Days

Alyssa had a new hobby, gem cutting.


She watched as the machine whizzed and whirred, and the sharp cutter got rid of all the excess rock off the gem, while cutting it into a shape of her choice. As she got better, and the machine got more practice, she could get other shapes too.


Even though she was a mature scientist, she still couldn't help but gasp at the gorgeous blood red gem. She just hoped she hadn't woken up her parents yet from all the noise. Her parents were pretty old now, and Alyssa had to remind herself that they wouldn't be around forever. First with the incident with Rosie, and what she saw, and now with her parents becoming elders... She couldn't help but feel as if her family was breaking apart.


As she dropped another gem into the machine, she murmured to herself "When I'm older, I'm going to have a big family, and we'll be close." She sighed, and watched at the gem got cut. A quick glance sideways showed that her dog gnome was pretending to howl near the basement stairs. Shaking her head, she picked him up and put him back on her desk.


Erin looked down at the birthday cake in front of her. This was it, she was going to be an elder. Although, it wasn't as bad knowing she was going second out of the two of them. Thomas' birthday was yesterday, and its her's today.
She chose the pumpkin cake, mostly because there was a small bit of hope in her that the cake would taste at least a little bit like pumpkin pie...


Erin usually hated her birthdays, it meant that she was getting older, and that there would be at least some change. At least being an elder, there were no more birthdays ever again. With a deep breath, she blew out the candles on the orange cake.


"Its not that bad being an elder." He half smiled at her. "At least you won't be dreading anymore birthdays."
"I suppose you've got a point." She smiled slightly back at him. "And at least I've got you to be old with." She grinned.
"Be old? Don't you mean grow old?" He raised an eyebrow.
She moved one of her hands away, and played with a strand of her own hair "We're already old, darling." She grinned, using that nickname as a teasing way.
He scoffed, "Darling?" He shook his head a little, "Well, honey, its not like we're on death's door just yet."


Rosie and Connor (with his daughter, Loretta) were heading up to the house, when Rosie paused. He glanced at her "Is everything alright?" He asked.
She sighed before nodding. "I'm fine. I'm just a little nervous." She bit her lower lip, rubbing the back of her neck uneasily.
"Why are you nervous?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "Its just my mom and your dad." He smiled, adjusting how he was holding Loretta slightly. "We kinda grew up with them, I think we'll be fine."
"Yeah, but I kinda sorta didn't tell them I was pregnant." She smiled nervously, sighing.


His eyes widened "What?" He went to stand in front of her. "You didn't tell them? Why not?"
She shrugged a little, frowning. "I just kinda forgot to, and I've been really, really busy lately."
"Busy or not, you still should have told them." He shook his head a little, "Still you should probably be fine." He tried to assure her, even though he wasn't so sure. At least she was an adult and engaged, but she still should have told her parents.
She hesitated a little, "Would you mind going in first and telling them?" She asked sweetly. "Pretty please? I promise I won't ask for anything else again." She grinned.
Partly reluctant, and not wanting any confrontations today, Connor sighed. "Fine. I'll go in first and drop hints, but that's it." Even now when they were adults, he was still being bossed about by her.


Luckily, neither Thomas nor Erin were too bothered by Rosie's secret keeping.
"So, you're really not angry?" She asked, smiling slightly.
He shook his head, "Why would I be angry? I'm happy for you." He smiled at her, "Just, try not to keep any more secrets from me, okay?"
She grinned, somewhat mischievously "I'll try."



Erin was talking to Connor near where the dollhouse was. She had managed to find it, and put it out so Loretta wouldn't be bored by the adult's conversations.
"I'm still unsure about you on the police force." Erin frowned. "I don't want you getting hurt." 
"Mom, I won't get hurt. They've got me behind the desks, I'm not even near the guns." He sighed. It was strange seeing his mom with grey hair, but every sim gets old, no matter what they do.



"I should hope not." She folded her arms, glad that her son was staying far away from danger. "You have responsibilities, and a girlfriend and daughter that need you." She frowned. 
"I promise I'll be fine. I'm far away from the danger." Connor tried, again. "Sure, I've been close to the holding cells, but that's it. There's no one bad in Dragon Valley anyway." He shrugged.
Erin shook her head, "I want you to be careful. I don't want to live longer than you." She frowned..
He sighed. "I promise, I'll be fine. I'll stay away from all of the danger, and if I ever do get too close to it, I can just teleport away." He shrugged.


When Alyssa came home from school, she saw Rosie standing in the kitchen. She smiled at her, "Hey Lyss." She grinned, blissfully unaware of what Alyssa saw and misinterpreted the day before. "How was school?" She asked, walking over to where her little sister was.
"It was fine." She answered bitterly, glaring, much to Rosie's confusion.


"Is something the matter?" She asked, frowning. She didn't get why Alyssa was so angry at her. She had apologized for missing her birthday, was it because she kept her pregnancy a secret?
"Like you'd want to know." She snapped, "I'm going up to my room." She huffed, and spun on her heel so she didn't have to see the lying cheater she called a sister.


She was up on her bed, sobbing. How could she be so nonchalant  about all this? Sure, Rosie didn't even realize Alyssa saw, but she did, and it hurt her to see how horrible her sister was. People weren't supposed to cheat if they really loved each other.
There was someone knocking at the door, "Knock, knock." It was the person Alyssa wanted to see least of all.


"Leave me alone." Alyssa murmured, her voice muffled by her knees.
"No, I want to talk." Rosie frowned. "What's the matter? Because obviously I've done something wrong." She sighed.
Alyssa glared at her, raising her head from her knees. "I saw you. I saw you yesterday, and you were flirting with that bartender!" She started to yell. "How could you do that to Liam?!" She sniffled, wiping away any left over tears.


"I think the better question is why weren't you at school on a Wednesday?" She asked, pulling up a chair and sitting on it.
"Wednesday is ditch day. No one's there. And I think the best question is 'what the hell were you doing flirting with that bartender?'" She replied, still not looking at her sister.
She rubbed her arm a little, slightly uneasy "Maybe I was flirting, but it wasn't anything serious." She half smiled. "I do love Liam." She sighed slightly.


"Then why were you flirting with that guy?" She asked, frowning. "It can't just be casual, what if he gets the wrong impression? And what did you mean by Liam getting suspicious?" 
"Lyss, trust me. He is far from interested in me. Him and his boyfriend are happy together." She half smiled. "And Liam's getting a little suspicious because I'm spending a lot time out. I've been trying to find out a way for him to be outside in the sunlight without it harming him, but so far..." She sighed, and shook her head, "No luck."
"So, you still love him?" Alyssa asked quietly.
"Yes. I still love Liam. I'll always love him." She smiled. "Is there anything else you're unhappy about?" She asked, only half teasing.


"I'm a little bothered that you didn't tell me about my future niece or nephew." Alyssa smiled a little, "Does this mean I can start having kids now?" She raised an eyebrow, bringing up what Rosie said last leisure day.
Hesitating first, she replied with "You can start having kids when I have two." She grinned. 
"Just make sure he or she remembers that I'm awesomer than Aunt Sabrina." Alyssa looked up at Rosie, and stood up straight again.
"So, how are things with that boy you kissed?" She raised an eyebrow.


"Good, I guess. I mean, it was a little awkward seeing him again after what happened, but I really hope there's going to be something more." She smiled, not mentioning about the thing with the moon, and how Tyler had magic powers.
"Just remember to tell him that you have a big sister, who's a powerful witch." She grinned, "So if he ever breaks your heart..." She trailed off, only half kidding.
Alyssa smiled, "I think I can handle myself, don't worry."

Chapter 1.45 Love, Lies and Spies                                                             
______________________________
AN: This is kind of a filler chapter. I wanted to see Connor again, and I thought it would be nice for Erin to meet her granddaughter.
Ah, its kinda sad looking at them now. They're both elders, and because I didn't realize I would get so attached, I made the elder stage 7 days. So, we won't be seeing them around for all too much longer. But, I'm happy to say that I'm alright with it. I have them saved in the bin anyway, and I've finished my story line for them. It took a hell of a long time, but they're together legally now :)

12 comments:

  1. At least Rosie and Alyssa were able to work things out between then. Here's hoping Rosie finds the Vampiric Sunscreen really soon.

    Aw! Loretta is a cutie! We needed to see her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't let Alyssa stay angry at Rosie (she seems to be doing that often...)

      Loretta looks a lot like Connor. She has the same eye and hair colour as him, but she definitely has Sabrina's ears. She had the little points =3

      Delete
  2. Ah, Rosie has pregnantbrain. That's why she forgot to tell she was pregnant.
    Alyssa just gets better for every chapter. Gnomes and gems? And she sees it as the worst thing ever, that her sister innocently flirted with some guy. Ofcourse she skips school, goes to clubs, meets a living doll and a mindreader, and has agreed to help with some strange magic thing for the love of gnomes. But that's different :P
    It's mentioned that she wants a big, close family, was that a hint for her rolls?
    It was nice seeing Connor again, and Loretta. She's really cute with her pointy ears ;) And I love fillerchapters. It's just so nice to read about the more ordinary things too, and harmless. Let's not forget harmless things, where everyone's happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we'll blame it on the fact that Rosie had pregnancy brain, nothing to do with the fact the author only realized when she saw Rosie.
      I like my Lyssie Lulu <3 and duh! It was wednesday, what else was she supposed to do? Go to school? Now that, is hilarious! And she and Tyler have something special, even though all they did was make out that one time, but its special! Hmph!

      Ay, that is a hint towards her rolls. Her rolls are a pain in the ass but I didn't want to waste my reroll when I may possibly get a roll involving partying.

      Loretta has her mother's ears ;) and it is nice to have some happiness in here. Generation 1 is going to have a sad ending though... I'm not going to say just what right now.

      Delete
  3. Haha, I loved the comment about the bartender being happy with his boyfriend! I'm glad Rosie isn't up to anything bad, but why would it be a problem for Liam to know she's trying to find vampiric sunscreen? Is it just that she doesn't want to get his hopes up if she can't?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to come up with some reason why the bartender wouldn't be interested in her and him being gay was the only thing I could think of.
      She wanted to get it him as a surprise, that's the main reason why she's keeping it a secret

      Delete
  4. Aw, I'm glad we got to see Connor's little girl. She's a cutie. Which reminds me, I need to get Nielson and his family back in my story at some point. Well, perhaps the next chapter or two will give me an excuse.

    And I'm loving all of Alyssa' hobbies. They're so much fun! Which reminds me that I've never used that gem cutting machine. Now I feel bad. I have no need for it in my legacy at the moment, but that's what the side games are for, right? Although I swear, I keep being tempted to start a second legacy, it's terrible. Especially now that I have a new world... *shakes head* I will remain resolute!

    Anyway, this chapter was cute. I like the occasional drama-free chapters too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks a lot like a girl version of Connor, apart from the fact she has pointed ears.

      I love her hobbies too. She has a lot of them, and its fun trying out new things. I usually just stick to my legacy save, and let them try out free hobbies. I too have been tempted to start another story along this one, but I don't think I'd be able to part with my legacy.

      Its nice, isn't it? *sigh* I wish more could be this way, but if they were it would be fairly boring... Ah, I love my drama so it's okay ;)

      Delete
  5. :( Erin, having no birthdays ever again is not a good thing. It means the end is too close. They had a rough life, but at least they get to be old together. :D
    I'm glad Alyssa managed to get the truth out of Rosie. She's actually so sweet, trying to get a way to make Liam's life better. <3 I'm looking forward to seeing that little one as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end is very close, unfortunately... I think I'm slightly happier to let them go though, at least they're happy together, even though at first I wasn't happy with seeing them as elders.
      I wasn't going to let Alyssa stay angry at Rosie for too long, and I wanted to make her seem like the good guy after what happened last chapter. I honestly want to see if their baby is a vampire or a witch...

      Delete
  6. ::nods:: I'm the same way with elders in my game, they have a pretty short age span, and then I got all upset when Shane died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't like the way elders die either, which is why I chose to write Erin's and Thomas's death. I was also unsure of when they would go (mostly because I have no experience with elders)

      Delete