Saturday 12 April 2014

Chapter 1.42 Sisterly Talks and Wedding Bells

Alyssa groaned while waking up.


Hangovers sucked. They were annoying and just a pain to deal with. She didn't understand how there was a possibility of cloning people, yet there was no cure for a hangover. When she had got in the night before, she pretty much just flopped down onto her bed and slept, which is why she fell asleep with shoes on and her little red dress still on.


Tallulah walked into her room, "Hola Drunk-migo." She grinned, seeming perfectly fine after a night out drinking. She had something in her hand too.
Alyssa didn't even question how she got in, "Shut up." She groaned, glaring at her. "Why are you so chirpy anyway? Or are you immune to hangovers?" She spoke a bit more harshly, mostly because she was tired and hungover. 
"This usually helps." Lulu grinned, swirling what was in the bottle in her hand. Alyssa blinked before realizing it was nectar.


"Nectar? Wait, you solve a hangover by drinking?" She asked, seemingly doubtful. She sat up to look at Lulu.
"Yep." She put the bottle on the side, giving the gnome a funny look as she did. "A lot of your little ornaments, they're fairly eccentric, aren't they?" Lulu murmured.
"Yeah, I kinda like them though." She somewhat smiled at the gnomes, then looked back at her "Are you sure the nectar really works?"


Tallulah rolled her eyes, "Yes, I'm sure. Besides, you have other stuff to worry about." She started grinning, which gave Alyssa a bad feeling, "Like Tyler..."
She frowned "Tyler...?" She asked, unsure she even knew anyone called Tyler.
Tallulah grinned still, "You don't remember? He just happened to be the guy you were making out with for most of last night."


Blinking, Alyssa tried her hardest to remember. Her eyes widened when she did, "Oh my God! I remember! Tyler! He had some girl with him, what was her name?" She asked.
Tallulah shrugged, "Something beginning with B... She said that she knew you when you guys were younger."
Alyssa furrowed her eyebrows, "I don't remember knowing anyone with a name beginning with B." She frowned, "Anyway, I have to get ready, I'm meeting my sister today." She grinned.
Tallulah shrugged before leaving. "Maybe she thought you were someone else? And I'll see you either tomorrow or monday at school." And with that, Tallulah left.


Alyssa stared at the nectar bottle a little longer, before picking it up, and drinking straight from it. Much to her surprise, it did help a little with the headache, and makeup can easily fix the bags under her eyes. And of course she had to change out of what she was wearing.


"I told you, hardly anyone would be here on Leisure Day." Rosie grinned, glad to be spending a little more time with her sister, and what better than getting coffee?
"Mm..." Alyssa trailed off, trying to make Rosie realize that she wasn't too happy still with the fact that she missed her birthday.


"You're hair is super pretty too." She smiled, still trying her hardest to make conversation which seemed pretty difficult right now.
"Thanks." She grunted, fairly sure she got across the impression that Rosie had done something wrong. She didn't particularly feel too bad about it either.


Rosie sighed, "Look, I don't know what's up with you, but just remember that if I really wanted to, I could turn you into a toad." She pointed out, only half joking.
"You missed my birthday." Alyssa answered, fairly sharply. "You're my sister, and my best friend at that time, and you weren't there for me on my own birthday."


Rosie stared down into her coffee cup, she didn't mean to miss Alyssa's birthday, and she even missed Connor's too. "Right, sorry." She murmured.
Alyssa sighed slightly, smiling. "Its fine, I just wanted to hear you apologize." She grinned.
She gave her little sister a look, "I think I taught you too well with that kind of stuff. One warning though, Dad doesn't react too well to a lot of things." She grinned.
Alyssa laughed, "Yeah, I kinda noticed. No offence, but you don't exactly make it too easy for him."


They put their cups on nearby tables once they were finished. Rosie held her hands up in defense, "In my defense though, he overacted to a few things."
Alyssa raised her eyebrows, "I think he reacted alright to say that you one day just told him you were a witch and another he found out you were engaged to someone he didn't even know."
She grinned slyly, "The urge to turn you into a toad is getting more and more tempting." It half worried Alyssa how Rosie wasn't fully kidding.
"I'd prefer to stay human, thanks." She half smiled.


Rosie then smiled, "So, how is everything back home? Is Dad and Erin coping without me?" She grinned.
Alyssa nodded, "Everything at home is fine, its a little lonely now that both you and Connor have gone. But I'm sure he's happy with Sabrina."
Rosie nodded, "Ah yeah, I remember when I once thought she was imaginary." She laughed.
Alyssa perked up a little, remembering something, "Oh yeah, you're going to be an aunty soon." She grinned.


Rosie was shocked, then turned angry. "Dammit Alyssa! I thought you were the smart and responsible one!" She snapped, getting the complete wrong idea from what Alyssa said. "Not the first one to get pregnant." She rested her head in her hands, "Have you at least told Erin? Don't tell Dad, not for a while, he'll just freak out."
Confused, Alyssa tilted her head. "Huh?" She then realized what she said, and laughed "No, its not me, don't worry." She grinned, "Connor's going to be a dad fairly soon. We're both going to be aunties."
Rosie sighed loudly, relieved, "Thank God." She mumbled, then glared at Alyssa "Don't scare me like that. All I could imagine was my baby sister's life going down the drain." She mumbled. "Don't get me wrong though, having kids is an amazing thing, but just not when you're in school."
"So if I was pregnant...?" She asked, then quickly added, "I'm not, I'm not." She added that mostly because of Rosie's glare, and she didn't feel like becoming a toad right now.


Rosie sighed, "I think its best if I have kids before you do." She half smiled. "But, that means that you're going to have to wait a while too." She grinned.
"Until after your wedding?" Alyssa asked, honestly excited about her big sister's wedding. She wanted it to be amazing! She could almost picture it, having a theme of either hot pink and white, or lilac and white... She wanted that day to be magical, based on she won't have her own wedding for a long time.
Rosie shrugged, "I don't know... I'm not sure if I even want to get married." She mumbled, and Alyssa realized she cared more about Rosie's wedding than she did.


"You, what?!" She asked, fairly loudly. No one else was there so it was okay to make a scene, which Alyssa thought was necessary. How could she not want a wedding?! It was supposed to be Alyssa's Rosie's big day!
"I don't particularly want a wedding." She shrugged. "I'd rather spend the money for the rest of my life rather than on just some overrated party." She crinkled her nose.
Alyssa groaned, "If we didn't look kind of alike, no one would be able to tell we're sisters." She murmured. "But, you will want a wedding one day, right?" She asked.


Rosie shrugged again, "Maybe. I've not thought it through yet." She laughed a little. "Not everything has to be planned out, y'know." She grinned, "What about your love life, Little Miss Nosey?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.
Alyssa laughed a little, nervously. "Well... There's this guy..." She trailed off, unsure if she really should be telling her sister that she got drunk and made out with some random guy.


"There's a guy, huh?" Rosie's eyes lit up with excitement, "My baby sister found someone? Ooh, will I have to give the big sister speech?" She asked, grinning.
Alyssa shook her head, "Not yet. There wasn't all too much to it. I met him last night at a party and all we did was make out." She shrugged, leaving out the fact that she was drunk and couldn't even remember the guy's name unless Tallulah reminded her a few hours ago.


Rosie nodded, "I think I told you a while ago, probably when you were too small to even remember, but don't tell Dad."
Alyssa laughed, "I'm not crazy, I won't tell Dad until we're engaged." She grinned, "Following in my sister's footsteps."
She put a hand on her heart, smiling somewhat bitterly "How sweet. But warn him beforehand, okay? Liam said that its not an easy conversation." Both girls laughed, and Alyssa was happy to be spending more time with her big sister.


Unfortunately, Alyssa couldn't spend all day with Rosie. She was still somewhat busy, and seeing as though it was Leisure Day, Alyssa decided to head out to the Summer Festival, after hearing a rumour that there was another type of gnome. Even though it has been a while since she considered her gnome experiment, didn't mean she had given up on it. Luckily, she had the festival tickets for it this time.


"Hi, do you have any garden gnomes?" She asked the concession stand lady, smiling sweetly.
"Yeah, we have one left." She had a forced grin, and obviously wasn't too happy. Well, Alyssa would be either if she had to wear an outfit like that. "Five hundred tickets."
Alyssa handed over the tickets, "No problem." She smiled still, and got her new gnome once it was handed over to her.


Her new gnome took pride of place on her desk, next to the dog gnome and her stuffed unicorn. Little to say, her room used to make sense until she adopted all the gnomes she could. Soon enough, she would need another desk just for all her gnomes!


Meanwhile, Erin was in her's and Thomas' room. She decided to do him a nice favour, and fix his bedside table. Not that he noticed there was anything wrong with it, but the drawer to it didn't slide out to easy. She bent down in front of it, intent on fixing it. She slowly pulled the drawer out, and saw something in there that caught her eye. She put the mystery object up on the table so she could look at it better.


Erin stared at the little velvet jewelry box for a while, before breaking eye contact. "Its earings." She mumbled to herself, breathing deeply and trying not to freak out. "I-It can't be, h-he knows." She murmured again, looking back down at the box. This was probably the most scared she's been for a long time. She didn't want to get married, ever. She opened it, her hands shaking.


And in that box, there was the thing that most women dreamed of having, yet for Erin, that dream was easily a nightmare. One may wonder how one little ring could scare someone so much, but all she could think of was one word...
Run.

Chapter 1.41 The Boy Hunt                                                                      

_______________________________
AN: That's a cliffhanger and I'm sorry.
On the upside though, I've put Rosie, Connor, Erin and Thomas up for download. Just look at the generation 1 summaries, (they're at the bottom). If you do use them, please tell me.
Oh! And Connor and Sabrina had a baby girl which the game called Loretta. I'll probably include a family chapter soon-ish, I miss seeing Connor around, even though I was fairly preoccupied with Rosie during their childhoods.

16 comments:

  1. Drinking more might help with a hangover now, but it makes the hangover when you finally finish drinking worse. Poor Alyssa. Being a popular party girl is tough at the best of times and when you're also putting on an act to keep it up. *smh. Here's hoping Bonnie/Lola steps in soon.

    Yay Rosie! It's good to see her again. And how funny she jumped to conclusions with who was preggers. lol. Though she is absolutely right, don't tell Thomas until the wedding is over. Ha!

    Erin! no! Deep breaths! Deeeeeeeep breaths. It's okay. Calm down honey. Weren't you the one who finally admitted you loved and needed him? Let's just keep that as the focus, okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being pretty, popular and a party animal is hard work, give the poor girl a break, ha. And I just heard a rumour that drinking helps when you're hungover, I'll try it out in a few years when I start going out and drinking.

      Yay Rosie! And you can't blame her that she jumped to conclusions. Its okay to keep secrets and boys away from Daddy for a while ;) haha.

      She's scared of marriage, and commitment, which is ironic because she's spent all her adult life with him, yet a ring is just too far. Being in love and needing someone is different to wanting to marry someone, at least for Erin it is.

      Delete
    2. From lots and lots of experience, and from my sis in law who's a Dr: Water is best for a hangover. Lots and lots of water. As soon as you're finished drinking start downing water. Please don't try to drown a hangover with more alcohol when it comes your time to try it. We rather like having you around, alright?

      Delete
    3. Sorry for going all 'Mom' there, but but but,.

      Delete
    4. Its okay Mom ;). I won't go out drinking for a while, and I promise I'll stay around until I'm... Ah, I don't really know how old I'll be. I promise I won't die from drinking overdose though.
      I know coffee is fairly bad for hangovers though, I remember we learnt that on health day. I don't pay all too much attention to health days now though, its all just the same stuff (literally.) and all the same horror stories.

      Delete
    5. The odd number is very unsettling. I don't like them. Fixed again!

      Delete
    6. Hehe, I hate odd number of comments too :P

      I've never had a hangover. I've been so drunk that I couldn't walk, forgotton whole nights because I drank too much, but never been hungover. BUT! When I get in from a night out I have a pint of water and either some plain crisps or some potato waffles or chips. I've found potato soaks the alcohol up quite well and makes you a little more sober before you go to sleep. Obviously I feel a little worse for wear in the morning, but it's mainly tiredness from dancing and screaming and shouting (and sometimes fighting but shhh) until 4am then getting up at 9ish. I don't do lie ins, I have to get up at 3.30am for work 6 days a week so my body wakes me up early.

      I'll also say that I started drinking watered down wine at dinner with my parents from about the age of 10, so I've had a tolerance built up. Definately helps me not have nights like Alyssa's (though there have been a few, of course...)

      Drinking tips from a pro. Haha! ;)

      Delete
    7. Wow, so I guess that's how you've managed to write Kaity as such a party girl, huh? Writing from experience?
      Tsk tsk, fighting. Ah well, as long as you win ;) And I know how people can be worse for wear after them. Whenever my mu comes home from drinking with the girls, she always spend the next day in bed usually with one of the cats and vowing never to drink again.

      I think I started drinking when I was 11, but that was just larger shandies but now I have WKDs every friday and saturday night. Hopefully I won't be a lightweight like Alyssa is.

      Any other drinking tips are perfectly welcome :D

      Delete
  2. Gnomes!! All the gnomes. The newest seems to be checking Alyssa out :P
    It seems like she's a little romantic at heart, beeing all hung up on weddings like that. Even if she's really thinking of her own.
    Oh Erin, don't run away again. You have a child with the man already. There is no way you can get more tied to anyone than that! And your daughter really likes weddings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyssa was wearing a short dress at the start, but I don't think the gnome will be able to tap dat.
      She kind of is, she mostly just wants to look pretty in a wedding dress, that and weddings are really sweet things too.
      Kind of ironic, ain't it? She can have kids with him no problem but if he gets her a piece of jewelry with a certain signification, that's when she runs.

      Delete
  3. Haha, I love that she collects gnomes. I can't stand them in my game, mostly because they seem to pop up wherever they feel like it (including in front of a door and in front of a staircase) but I'm glad you're enjoying them!
    I also liked the ending. I wonder what Erin is going to do about the ring. I hope she doesn't run away again. I wonder, though, if she'll spill to Thomas that she knows he has it. I'm very curious about what will happen next with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly ever see the gnomes in my game, which is why I think it'll be a bit of a challenge to try and collect them all. I'm starting with the easier ones though, especially the ones that come along in Seasons. I've got 3000 Festival Tickets!
      I'm glad you liked the ending, my endings usually tend to overshadow what's going on in the majority of the chapter (whoops). We'll see about what Erin does with the ring...

      Delete
  4. I'm glad Alyssa and Rosie get on. A teenage girl needs an lder girl who's been through it all to talk it out with, but yeah, I agree on not mentioning the drinking... haha!

    Oh Erin... Yup, I'm on her side. Freak out and RUN!!! But, it does seem like the logical next step. I hope she doesn't run, Thomas would be understanding of her not wanting to marry and wouldn't think any less of her. But it is scary, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't want Alyssa being upset at Rosie. I want them to have a nice sisterly friendship. And its best to keep the mentioning of drinking, getting drunk and making out with random boys to a minimal. Even though she did admit to kissing Tyler.

      I'd probably freak out too. Maybe not run but just throw the ring out the window and bury it. You'll see if she runs or not by the next chapter.

      Delete
  5. Ah yes, hair of the dog. Unfortunately that doesn't really work, trust me I've tried :D

    *snort* Puh-leez, Erin. You want to run? After you thought he was dead? Grow the F up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently potato based food works the best, there's a whole conversation about it up there ^^^

      Commitment scares her, especially the thought of marriage. She does need to grow up, but you can't help being scared of what you find scary

      Delete