Saturday 29 March 2014

Chapter 1.37 What am I Going to Do?

"I mean, its my birthday soon, and I have no clue what to do." Sighed Connor


He was laid on his bed, looking up at the ceiling. He had honestly never given the future any consideration. It was only when Rosie left that made him realize how close it was until he became an adult too. The today was Alyssa's birthday, and then tomorrow it will be his.


"Its mine too, y'know." Sabrina pointed out, turning to look at him. "We have the same birthday." She half smiled. Since her immortality ended when she aged up to teenager, which just so happened to be Connor's birthday before, he and Sabrina shared birthdays.
"Yeah, but you've had over four hundred years to think about what you wanted to do." He glanced at her, then looked back up at the ceiling. "I've only had a normal lifespan to think."


"So think about it now." She shrugged. "Seeing as though you've been procrastinating thinking about it." She half smiled.
Connor thought for a while, before mumbling "I want to make a difference. I just don't know how." He sighed slightly.


"What about being a doctor?" Sabrina suggested, "Then you can make a difference, and save lives and be a hero." She grinned.
Connor crinkled his nose "I'd rather not be a doctor. Blood and organs and stuff." He shuddered. "And I don't want that kind of pressure." He said, as he started to sit up.


"That and the work hours are really long. I'd never be able to see you." Sabrina pouted a little, realizing being a doctor probably wasn't the best thing for him. "What about fireman?" She then suggested.
He shook his head, "I don't particularly like the idea of possibly being burned to death. Then you'd never see me." He joked a little.


"Not all firefighters die, besides you could just teleport away. That, and you could be on one of the calendars with sexy firemen." Sabrina grinned, only half kidding. 
Connor laughed "Still, I'd end up panicking and not being able to get away from it all." He shrugged, laying back down.
She turned her back to him, her back against his chest. She closed her eyes, as she felt his arms drape around her.


"Okay, so not a doctor, and not a fireman." Sabrina summed up, keeping her eyes closed.. "How about... Uh..." She thought about it, "How about being a cop?" She asked, glancing back at him. "No long work hours, and you won't be burned to death. That, and you'll still be helping the world." She smiled.
"A cop..." He thought about it, and half smiled. "Yeah, that sounds alright." He mumbled.


Alyssa was focusing on her homework. It was simple stuff for her, but most people her age would find that kind of stuff difficult. Now if she could just keep her attention on her work and not on the pretty purple cake...


"Okay, focus on the maths." She started murmuring to herself, her eyes betraying the order and looking at the intricate purple cake. "Focus on the work, not cake. Focus on the work." She kept mumbling to herself. Somewhere down the line, she turned out to be mumbling "Focus on the cake, not work." And that was the point when she decided to do her homework upstairs.


At long last, Alyssa finally managed to celebrate her birthday. She was going to be a teenager! She could do so much now... But first, she had her eyes on that cake. She couldn't wait to try it. Last time, she was too preoccupied with wanting to check out her room, but she wasn't getting her room redone this time.


It was a little weird without Rosie being there. But, she was busy and had her own life now. Alyssa couldn't help but feel disappointed in her older sister though. She was there for her birthdays, but she couldn't make it to her teen birthday? It honestly didn't feel too good, but she managed to push that to the side.


She closed her eyes, thinking of a wish. She knew what she wanted, she wanted her big sister to be here, or at least a reason why she wasn't there. Sure, she was an adult, but Alyssa felt alone. Maybe as a teenager she could be popular, then the lonely feeling will go goodbye! She took a deep breath, and blew out the pinky purple candles.


Right now, all she could think about was how even though she had her family around, she felt alone. Perhaps surrounding herself with others was the option. After all, it would soon almost be as if she was an only child. She knew a lot of popular girls were mean, a lot of them were downright cruel. But, if that was the way to escape the lonely feeling... That's what she will be.


As of now, the cake didn't matter as much to her, neither did her studies. All she could think of was what she was possibly committing to and how possible it actually was. It was possible, more than possible. She just had to play her cards right. The thing is, would she be able to live with herself knowing she was going to be a bitch? Being a bitch or lonely, Alyssa would certainly prefer bitch. It was better to be mean than lonely.


After Alyssa's birthday, Connor went back upstairs. He wanted to spend more time with Sabrina before responsibilities and maturity hit him. He was still wondering about what he would want to be, but was fairly certain that being a police officer was for him. Then he realized, he didn't know what Sabrina wanted to do. "What about you?" He asked, fairly quietly.


"What about me what?" She murmured, sounding fairly tired. She snuggled up closer to him, keeping her eyes closed.
"You know, what do you want to do? Do you want to be a doctor, or do you want to be a scientist?" He asked, assuming she would want to do something smart.
"Honestly? I want to work with children." She mumbled.


"Really? You want to work with kids?" He asked, sitting up and resting against the headboard of the bed. He was not expecting her to say that at all. She didn't exactly strike him as the type to love children.
She shrugged, "Yeah, I want to work with kids. Either in a daycare type thing or in a school." She half smiled. "I doubt I'd ever want my own though. I'll just borrow other people's." She grinned.


"I just thought you'd want to do something else, like, smarter." He shrugged, not wanting to seem dismissive of what she wanted to do.
"Well, I could do something smarter, but I want to help people too. Instead of putting bad guys behind bars, or putting out fires, I'd want to teach people new things." She smiled. "Its my own way of helping, after all, if there were no teachers, we'd all be fairly stupid." She laughed a little. She then bit her lip a little, "What about us though? Like, do you think we'll still be together?" It was clear there was something a little more than that which was bothering her.


"What?" He asked, caught of guard by her again. He was honestly confused about her question. "Uh, I still want to be with you. I still love you Sabrina." He half smiled, still confused.
"There's something I've been thinking about..." She trailed off, getting off of him. "Would you mind standing up and facing the other way?" She looked at him, smiling sweetly albeit nervous.


He did what she said, but was still greatly confused. "You know, if you wanted to talk about something, you can just say it. I won't judge you or anything."
She sighed, before starting to speak "I love you too, and I trust you. There's just something I've been thinking about a lot recently." She paused before saying it quietly "Sex." Again, she had caught him off guard, yet she continued. "I trust you, and I know a lot of people have it when there still teenagers." She looked down.


"I've not thought about it all too much." He admitted, although it did seem like the right thing to do. The conversation made him feel at least a little awkward, like it would make anyone. "I get its probably a big deal, and I doubt you'll be ready, but I am if you are." He looked to the side still, so she could hear him better.
"Turn around." She mumbled, honestly glad it went the way it did. It would be very difficult to quickly put her clothes back on.


His eyes widened when he saw her, she seemed to be full of surprised tonight. "I um uh..." He honestly couldn't form any words.
"If you're ready, and I'm ready, then why not?" She asked, smirking slightly before saying "But you have to join in too, no clothes allowed." She joked lightly.


Before they even started kissing, he asked "You're sure, right?"
She nodded, and half smiled. "I'm sure. I trust you." She smiled softly, and she started to kiss him.

Like most first times, it was a little clumsy. But that didn't exactly matter, did it? What should matter is the passion shared that night. Often, its difficult to forget, sometimes for more reason than one.


Chapter 1.36 Bird Born for Joy                                            
_____________________________
AN: So, a few hours after Rosie moved out, she and Liam got married. At first I was surprised to see that so soon on, but ah well. Rosie was always one to do things quickly.
That last scene felt so awkward to me. I was cringing while writing it. I think that erotic author should also be crossed off my 'jobs I can never do' list. Not too disappointed by that one to be fully honest.

Oh! And thank you to Sunny for telling me where the cc cakes are. There will never be another blue cake again! (Unless if I run out of cc cakes to use...)

12 comments:

  1. This chapter made me want to get some cc cakes myself since I'm also tired of using the same one every time.

    This chapter was really nice. Although I felt bad for Alyssa and how sad she was that her sister wasn't there for her birthday. I have to wonder if she'll ever encounter her sister again in the story and if she'll confront her about these feelings of abandonment by her. I mean, Rosie was the one she was closest to, after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have about 6 cc cakes now, I think. I combined them all into one package so it would be easier and less lag on my poor game-y.

      Alyssa felt abandoned by Rosie, mostly because (like you said) Alyssa and Rosie were close. She just can't quite see why her sister was busy, and why she will be busy. We will see Rosie again though, I promise.

      Delete
  2. Aw, Connor. And there's no need to have it all figured out immediately. You can always change your mind. Still, it sounds like he's got a fairly good idea of what he likes and can handle. That's a good thing.

    Uh, Alyssa? Nice girls Always finish on top. Always. Jus' wanna let ya know sweetie. There's no need to be mean to get ahead. And for sure don't throw big sissy under the bus for your decision. Will she realize that though?

    Aw. Sabrina was so nervous there. At least it was with Connor there. How long do those two have? It can't be too much longer can it?

    You're Welcome! Enjoy those cakes! So many. So pretty! And so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least he has an idea of what he wants to do now, before he was absolutely clueless.

      Nice girls do finish up on top majority of the time, but most of the time you only know from experience. She'll know that being a popular b*tch isn't always the best thing, but for now? She's still clueless.

      I felt so awkward writing that bit, but I knew I had to. They have literally a day left. Their birthdays will be in the next chapter.

      Much more pretty! Apart from they go to normal once a slice has been taken from the cake :(

      Delete
  3. Aww, Alyssa is cute with her "maths not cake" mantra. Hopefully she'll get to see Rosie again soon.

    Ohh, I could not be an erotic author either. Anytime I think about writing a sex scene, it turns out badly. I'm so easily embarrassed. But I think it was pretty accurately awkward for a teen's first time (or maybe my first time?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never be able to do that, I would get way too distracted by the cake. There would be a lot of finger marks in the icing, hehehe.

      Woo! Hooray for never being erotic authors. I could make erotic cakes, but not books. I actually have a recipe for making boob shaped cakes... Heh. And I'm glad I managed to capture the awkwardness.

      Delete
  4. Great chapter, I can't wait to see Alyssa getting in with the popular girls. Doubt it will help with her feelings of beeing lonely though. And she looks so much like her mum.
    I really liked the part with Connor and Sabrina, both the talking and the sex. It was awkward, but still really sweet.
    But to the most important part: If you ever make a boob-cake, you have to share a picture of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does look a lot like Erin, its mostly the eyes and nose.
      Very awkward based on I honestly don't have all too much experience with those kinds of conversations...
      I think it'll be a while before I ever do make the boob cake. My mum will be a little surprised if I do XD

      Delete
  5. Awww, Connor and Sabrina was really cute :) Not too sure about Alyssa's plan of action for high school, though... I hope she doesn't end up regretting that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found them cute, I found the last scene incredibly awkward to write. It makes me cringe still. I don't even know why now.
      Her plan of action isn't too much of a smart one, but its a plan none the less. High school will be very interesting for her.

      Delete
  6. Her thoughts about popular girls were a bit non-sequitur. Was she deciding to be a popular girl?
    I liked the pictures of her, with the cake and candles in the foreground! I never actually noticed that the candles were lit up like that :D

    Connor's not thought about sex? *snort* He's a teenaged boy. Of course he's thought about sex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets pretend I didn't have to look up what non-sequitur meant. And yes, she did decide to be a popular girl, she was just thinking through the arguments
      Hm, well you learn something new everyday. I learned what non-sequitur meant, and you know how sim candles work

      Yeah... I could give some excuse of how he never has, but like you said, he's a teenage boy. If it was up to them, they would bang like bunnies do (all the time.)

      Delete