Friday 21 March 2014

Chapter 1.32 Gnomes and Monkeys

The next day, Rosie got rid of that damn doll.


She knew Alyssa loved it, but that didn't matter. The safety of her sister was a lot more important than some stupid toy. She wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't her birthday today. It made Rosie realize that she should look after her little sister, and protect her from Elli. She was going to burn that stupid doll into the ground, and was honestly happy about it.


It was the usual thing what the family did for a birthday. Just a simple cake with only them celebrating. No one was in all too much of a celebrating mood with Thomas gone though. Alyssa blew out the candles, not fully aware of the fact that the rest of her family weren't fully in the mood.


The best part about it was probably the cake. Everyone loves cake, and Alyssa was no exception. Even though she was wrapped up with enjoying her cake, she still managed to listen to the conversation. Her room had been redone, in pink like how her Mom had promised.


Erin couldn't help but grin though at the topic of rooms, "You know, not only has Alyssa's room been done up."
Rosie and Connor exchanged a look, before she asked "What do you mean?"
She smiled, "Well, seeing as though there's quite a lot of extra money..." She trailed off, then shrugged "Go look upstairs." And once the cake was gone, all three of them went upstairs to check out their bedrooms.


Connor was the first one to check out his room, and it looked a lot bigger with a double bed instead of a single. He had to admit, he would miss all the monkeys. However, he probably won't miss them for too long. This room was a lot more age appropriate, mostly because this room didn't have a toy box in it.


Rosie checked out hers next, and was amazed by how grown up it looked now. It had a proper wardrobe too, and the yellow wallpaper was gone and replaced with paneling. She loved it, and it had a pretty canopy bed with candles too.


"How'd you like your new room, huh?" Erin grinned, watching as Rosie slowly explored her new room.
"I love it!" She turned to face her, but couldn't help wonder if it was actually worth it. "But, I'm graduating really soon Erin." She frowned, feeling guilty about how this bedroom would almost be going to waste. Sure, there may be another purpose for it soon, but when would that actually be?


"Just because you're graduating doesn't mean you have to go that exact day and leave forever." She explained, half smiling. "I don't expect you to stay forever or anything, but you don't have to vacate as soon as you graduate."
Rosie smiled at her, and then went over to hug her. "Thank you." She mumbled, and both of them knew that was for more than just the room.


When Alyssa looked at her new room, the main thing that caught her attention was caught by two of the gnomes on her desk. She furrowed her eyebrows, and went closer to them. They didn't seem fully normal, and she remembered seeing the little dog one downstairs yesterday... Then again, yesterday was a whole age stage ago.


She continued to study the two animal gnomes on her desk. Well, they were about the same size as gnomes, so its not like she would be too far off by calling them that. She couldn't help but wonder about them, and how they even got here. The dog seemingly teleported up to her room, and the bunny one wasn't there until a few days ago, and she knew that things didn't just appear out of thin air.


She wanted to know why they were here, and what purpose they served. To do that though, she would have to get more to experiment with, maybe even see if there were any other types of gnomes. Surely if there was a bunny rabbit and a dog, there must be an actual person one too...


She continued to look at the two gnomes, but quickly hid them when her Mom came in. It wasn't like she was secretive or anything, but she just wanted to keep her theories to herself.
"Do you like your new room?" Erin smiled, making sure each one of them was happy with their rooms.
Alyssa nodded "Its pretty, and I love all the stuffed toys." She grinned, then couldn't help but realize that there were probably more of these little gnome creatures outside "Can I go out and play?"



Erin was hesitant at first, she was scared something bad would happen, like what happened with Rosie all that time ago. But that was just a freak accident, surely. "As long as you're in before it gets dark." She spoke firmly, and Alyssa nodded before heading off.


Connor had Sabrina over, mostly because he wanted to show her his new found ability. At first, learning to teleport was fairly scary, mostly because it was new and he had no idea how he did it. All he knew so far was that he couldn't go places where he had never seen before.


"Aw." She frowned, walking into his new room. "All of your monkeys are gone." She noticed, sitting down on the bed. "But at least we don't have to sit on the floor anymore." She shrugged, managing to turn the lack of monkeys into a good thing.
He couldn't help but half smile at her love for monkeys. "I didn't bring you here to mourn over the monkeys." He sighed slightly.


She grinned "Okay, so what is it you wanted to show me?" She asked, thinking she already knew what it was. After all, it was her that told him that there was something special about Erin. She just couldn't help but wonder if it all clicked for him.
"I can teleport." He grinned, then continued to explain himself without allowing Sabrina to add an input, "I know it sounds weird but I really can, watch."


He tried just to teleport to the other side of the room, but he wasn't focused enough. That and he hadn't been in his new room enough to fully recognize it. At least he didn't accidentally go too far though, he accidentally went downstairs. He was confused at first about where he was, until he looked up and saw his mom raising an eyebrow at him.


"I was wondering if you'd be like me." She mused, standing up. Connor furrowed his eyebrows, confused by what she meant. 'Like her'? Surely if his mom was a teleporter too, wouldn't she have used it more often?
"Like you?" He asked aloud, confused. He honestly thought it might have been something he got from his father.


Within almost a blink, she was closer to him. She half smiled "Like me. Just because I don't overuse it doesn't mean I don't have it. And you shouldn't overuse it either. Either people will notice, or you'll burn yourself out, so be careful." She warned, looking at him.
"So I have to walk up the stairs?" He asked, and she nodded. He sighed, and walked back upstairs.


Meanwhile, Alyssa was at the Spring Festival, deciding to spend some time here, that and there was a rumour that different gnomes were sold here. Maybe she was being a tad bit weird with it, but then again most people were weird. Would it make too much of a difference if she just joined in?


She went up to concession stand and asked "Excuse me? Do you have any garden gnomes?" She asked, figuring that most people just saw them as quirky garden gnomes.
"Yes, but they cost five hundred tickets." The worker replied in a condescending tone.
"B-But its my birthday..." She whined, pouting. "I really wanted one for my birthday." She sulked.
Sighing, the concession stand cashier gave her the gnome, "Don't tell anyone."


Alyssa walked off, grinning. She was unaware of the danger she was in when she came across a certain fairy...


Erin and the two teenagers were sat in front of the TV, not really paying all too much attention to it. There was just some mindless, boring television show on. None of them actually knew why it was on, none of them were even watching it.


They all went quiet when there was an important broadcast on. "There was a terrible accident in the blown out family feud in Starlight Shores. The war originally started as just a simple war between the Best and Gooder families." There was a horrible atmosphere around them right now, mostly dread and panic. There was a terrible accident in the war Thomas was currently fighting in.


"There was a monstrous explosion, leading in many fatalities on both sides. It is still uncertain about who did or didn't make it. Soldiers have been ordered to return back to their squads, so it can be assured if they are alive or dead. Because of the high body count, letters will only be sent back if soldiers are still alive. Sorry for interrupting your-" Erin turned off the TV, so the only sound was silence. 

Chapter 1.31 Love Day                                                       
______________________________
AN: I feel like a heartless biatch for writing this, but this chapter had to happen for another one to happen... 
Ignore any clipping. My game hates OMSP and I can't use it so teenagers aren't a fun age to pose

14 comments:

  1. If you kill Thomas I won't forgive you *shakes fist*
    Also, I will be equally upset if anything seriously bad happens to Alyssa as well. This chapter was full of bad cliffhangers. Bad!

    Although, this was a good chapter. Alyssa is growing up nicely. And I'm glad that Rosie got rid of the doll. It was also nice seeing Connor and Sabrina as well as Connor with his mother when she was explaining how he could teleport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know my love for cliffhangers ;)
      You'll just have to wait and see about what happens to Thomas or Alyssa.

      Alyssa was going to have a different hairstyle but it didn't suit for children. So I gave her a side ponytail. I'm glad Rosie got rid of that doll too, I didn't want it becoming an imaginary friend. Alyssa started playing with it without my knowledge and I got the notification about how she and 'Lola' were getting along. I hate those dolls sometimes.

      Delete
  2. (Game hating OMSPs, mine doesn't care for them too much either- are you using the pose player add-on to move them to bed height then?)

    YES!!! Killing the demon doll with FIRE is best! MWUAahahahaha! *ahem. Sorry. Carry on. And even then it still looks like Elli is determined to be a part of Alyssa's life. She's already trying to ruin Rosie's life, time for her to go away!

    *gigglesnort at Connor's botched teleportation attempt. And for sure, thankfully he only went downstairs! Can you imagine the uproar if he ended up at the summer festival for instance? Or maybe that would have been a good thing. Could have kept an eye on Alyssa. :/

    Noooooo! Nonono. I refuse to believe it. Nope! Thomas will come back home. Alive. Soon. And hopefully not just in my head.

    But now I have to ask- did Elli have a hand in that war? Is this all part of her plans to drive Rosie to using the bad evil wand of death?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I sometimes use it if I decide that I certainly do need it, otherwise I just make to with the clipping or not use poses.)

      She's a life ruiner, isn't she? Both of need to be killed with fire! But the doll just got deleted. I might try and find one and see if I can burn it. I should be able to if Rosie casts fire blast on it... Hm...

      Yeah, teleporting is a risky business. Like if you accidentally teleport into a wall. Like, literally into a wall. That would be a very 'unique' death. (Don't worry, Connor won't go teleporting into walls). Half of me wanted him to teleport all the way to Bridgeport, and just let the mayhem happen :)

      ... I'm sorry Sunny. For now, he can be considered as gone, or even missing in action. You'll know soon enough of his fate.

      I don't think she did. In her opinion, a war would take too long. If she wanted Rosie, she could easily convince her to follow her (And by convince, I mean threaten)

      Delete
    2. Carrie, do you want to PM me on MTS what the issue is with OMSP?

      Delete
  3. Yikes, so many bad omens in this chapter... I'm desperately hoping that Thomas isn't dead or missing, but I have a horrible feeling he will be. I'm glad Rosie got rid of the creepy doll, but I'm worried about Alyssa's interest in the gnomes and now Elli's stalking her at the fair... *gulp*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of bad things, kind of why I gave it a cheery/quirky name.
      Alyssa's fascination with the gnomes is actually part of the next generation. What I want to do will take a while though so I'm getting her started now. (Yes, Alyssa is the heir)

      Delete
  4. Good thing Rosie got rid of the doll. But now Alyssa went and got herself interested in gnomes instead.
    Explosions?! Thomas?? You can't kill your founder, that's just.... Thomas?? Can't Erin teleport and save him, or something?? Or maybe the gnomes can...??
    Elli... maybe Rosie can stab her in the eye with the wand? Atleast she'll stop staring at poor Alyssa. She's just a kid, you stupid old fairy.
    Connor beeing horrified that he had to walk up the stairs, like common people was funny atleast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the three gnomes I have so far go missing, I'm blaming Rosie.
      I can't kill him in game but I can murder him in story. And Erin doesn't know where he is :(
      That would be fun, wouldn't it? It would solve the Elli and wand problem at once. Unfortunately, that's not what I've got planned.
      So mean of Erin! Making him walk up stairs! Hmph! I should have words with her. Teleporters don't walk anywhere!

      Delete
  5. Aww, poor Connor! His monkeys are gone. :c Wow, what's with the gnomes? I think it's funny that Erin made Connor walk back upstairs after he teleported.

    Uh-Oh...welll...bye Thomas! *waves sadly*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bye bye monkeys :( and bye bye Thomas :c
      With the gnomes, you'll find out later. Its to do with one of the roles next gen

      Delete
  6. NO AND NO!!!

    Elli can't touch Alyssa or I will hate you forever and never ever read you story again. (I'm not lying! ...Ok, I'm lying, but you get my point.)

    And if Thomas is dead... Well, you'll have to change your user to 'PastCarrie'.... >:(

    But... Uhm... I like the kids rooms, and love that Erin was so calm about her son appearing before her! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Slowly backs away* I'm sorry, I added a lot of sadness and murder and threats in this.
      But in my defence, you brought back an evil witch who was supposed to be dead. I haven't done that!
      Erin's reaction was calm mostly because she half knew it might happen sooner or later, and I'm glad you like the rooms.
      As for my OMSP, I'll just work without it most of the time, I don't use it all too much anyways

      Delete
  7. I'd say his room is more age appropriate for a lot more reasons than a toybox. Sabrina will be happy the monkeys are gone, I bet!

    Why does Erin think what happened to Rosie was a 'freak accident'? Rosie *told* her about it, it was this big secret they were keeping from Thomas.

    LOL! Connor accidentally teleporting to right in front of Erin was awesome. As was her making him walk up the stairs xD

    Letters will only be sent if the soldiers are alive? Well that's f***** up. Can you imagine how much hot water they'd be in if that was really how they really handled it?

    ReplyDelete