Sunday 16 March 2014

Chapter 1.29 Last Day

No one quite knew why Alyssa loved that doll so much...


In fact, no one fully knew where she even got it from. It arrived in the mail from one of Erin's relatives, one she wasn't even sure she had. Alyssa seemed to love it though, she even gave it a name, 'Bowa' which has been assumed to mean 'Lola'.


Alyssa would often sing with Lola, mostly whenever Erin or Thomas were busy or away from her. She hated to be left on her own, even if it was just for a few minutes. No one could fully tell what exactly Alyssa was singing, but it sounded like a nursery rhyme.


Alyssa loved Lola, it was almost like having another sister around the house. She would sometime babble on about Lola, and the stories that she had. Sure, a lot of them didn't make all too much sense, but that didn't matter, did it? Imagination is a great thing.


Today though, seeing as though it was Thomas's last day here, was going to be spent out, and doing family things. It was only going to be him, Erin and Alyssa at first though, mostly because Connor and Rosie would have to be at school that day.


So, in the day, the three of them went to the park that Thomas took Rosie to all that time ago. Alyssa was in the stroller at one point, but soon decided that being held was nicer, meaning that Erin was pushing an empty stroller while Thomas was holding Alyssa.


He couldn't help but find it a little amusing how it hasn't changed at all, as if the park had been kept in some picture pristine state. Nothing was even broken in the park, and there was no graffiti at all. It was nice, but a little bit odd.


Alyssa started to squirm in his arms, pouting "Daddy! Play!" She whined, pursing her lips and looking up at him. She quickly looked back over to where the spring riders were, whining as she did so. They looked so colourful and fun! She wanted to go on the rocket one! No, wait, the sea horse one! No wait, the pirate ship! No wait, she wanted to go on all of them!
"I'll try and find somewhere to put the stroller. Let her go on the ride before she throws a full on diva tantrum." Erin smiled slightly, walking off.



"Daddy!" Alyssa yelled, glaring at him. "Play! Stop being mean!" She sniffled a few times, threatening to cry.
"I'm not being mean." He tried, going over to where the spring riders were. He carefully placed her down on the bunny rabbit one, making sure she wouldn't fall off before letting go of her. "See? I'm not mean."


Alyssa wasn't so sure of what to think at first, but she began to enjoy it. It was funny how even though there's quite a large age difference between her and Rosie and how they both loved the exact same ride (albeit not the same model) so much.


Rosie went back home first before meeting up with her family. A large part of her didn't want to be there, she didn't want to admit today might be the very last day she'll ever see her dad. She sighed, looking around her bedroom slightly. She knew no one else would be home, so she quietly called "Liam?" It was obvious by the tone of her voice that she was upset.
She was upset, there was a strong possibility that she could lose the only family she actually had. If the worst did happen, what would Rosie then be? An orphan, or at least a girl who has lost the only biological parent that cares about her. Sure, she'd have Erin, but its just not the same.


He was there, quickly as always, and pretty much collapsed in a fit of tears on to him. Luckily she was easy to catch and didn't go down too hard.
Liam mostly held her up, holding her close. The only sound for a while was just of her crying, her shoulders seemed to go forwards as she sobbed


She slowly managed to pull away after about ten minutes of crying. She looked up at him, sniffling "Sorry." She whispered, frowning, "Today's not a good day."
He shook his head a little, smiling ever so slightly at her. It was more of a comforting smile rather than a happy one "Its okay, you don't need to say sorry." He looked her in the eye, "Anyway, you'll always have me." He smiled softly at her, and went over to sit down on her bed. She sat down on his lap, resting her head on his shoulder,


She sniffled a few more times.before mumbling "I want you to stay over tonight." She looked up at him, "I know you'll probably want to go back home, or wouldn't like the idea of spending a whole night with a girl without doing anything, but I would like it if you did stay over." She looked up at him, feeling like a schoolgirl asking out her crush.
He nods, half smiling. "I'll stay over, I don't mind spending the night here." He kissed her softly, and murmured, "You should probably spend some time with your family. I know you don't want to, but you should."


"I know, but promise that you'll be here when I get back?" She raised an eyebrow slightly, "I'll say when I'm on my way home." She half smiled at him.
He nodded, "Just make sure you spend some time with your family." He almost warned. She kissed him softly, and then stood up. Within the next blink, he was gone again.


A lot of time was spent out that afternoon, and it slowly drifted into evening. No one wanted to go home, if they went home, it would only be so long before Thomas left.. In complete honesty, no one wanted today to be today. But days come and go, no matter what it is you do to try and stop it. When they did go back home at last, they didn't really do all too much. They just had family time by the TV.



Obviously, no one can stay up forever. The first one to start drifting off was Alyssa, so Thomas put her up to bed. Even though she was only young, Alyssa could tell something was going to change. Something bad was going to happen, and she knew it. She tried holding on to her Daddy when he put her in her crib "No go. Stay." She pouted.
Thomas sighed, doubting she fully understood the exact situation. "I won't be gone long, I promise." He kissed her on the top of her head, "Sweet dreams, and me and Mommy love you." He grinned slightly at her.
"Wuv woo." She grinned, giggling a little. "Nighty night." She smiled, and with that he began to walk out of the room, turning off the lights.


The next person to get tired was Connor. He was never good at staying up late, and times like this was when he hated it. Even though he and Thomas hadn't been ever so close but it wasn't like his departure wouldn't at least somewhat effect Connor. He saw Thomas as kind of like a dad. It wasn't like he was ever bothered about knowing about his actual dad, but it was still nice to know that at least their family was somewhat normal.


His goodbye wasn't all too long, and wasn't as sad as others would have been, but before Connor did go upstairs, he said something. "There's something I need to say." He started, still staying near the stairs, just in case Rosie got angry at what he was going to say.
"What?" Erin was the one to respond, all three of them were looking at him. Rosie raised an eyebrow at him, hoping he wasn't going to say what she thought he was.
"When we were kids, me and Rosie tried to set you guys up." He confessed.
Both adults widened their eyes, whereas Rosie just glared at him "Dude!" She yelled, clearly annoyed.
"They were gonna find out sooner or later." He tried, then went upstairs before anyone could actually stop him.


When he did get upstairs, he was met straight on with someone, a boy, coming out of Rosie's room. He tensed, obviously. Who was this strange boy, and why the hell was he in his sister's room? Connor discreetly got his phone out, and started to dial the police, just in case this person was dangerous. "Who are you?" He narrowed his eyes.
Liam folded his arms, "I'm one of your sister's friends. She texted me and asked me to come over." He answered simply, "And can you not call the police? I don't mean or want to do anything wrong."


Connor couldn't help but be sceptical of Rosie's 'friend'. He knew what some guys were like, not that Connor was that way or anything. But he didn't trust this guy, "Whatever you plan on doing, don't. Rosie's going through a really bad time, and she's not at her best. I don't want you taking advantage of her and then leaving her if things get difficult." He glared slightly "I don't want you hurting my sister."
Liam sighed "The last thing I intend on doing is hurting your sister, and I know she's going through a bad time right now, that's why she wanted me to come over."
Connor still had his eyes narrowed, as he went into his own room. He didn't trust that guy, but in the end it was Rosie's decision, all he could hope was that she was smart enough to not do anything wrong.


Rosie was the next one to get tired. Erin went into the bathroom to do the laundry, so both Thomas and Rosie could have a goodbye.
She couldn't help but cry. It wasn't fair, she didn't want her Daddy to leave, she wanted him to stay here. Why does everything bad always happen to her. She hugged him tightly, and mumbled "I don't want you to go."
It broke his heart to see his eldest daughter cry. Sure, she used to cry a lot when she was little, but there was a way he could stop that. Now, he was the direct cause of why she was upset. He sighed, "I don't want to go either."


He pulled away ever so slightly, so he could at least look at his daughter. "I promise I'll be back before you graduate though. I know that's still a while away, but it's not that long either." He half smiled at her, finding it weird how soon she wasn't going to be in the house any more. Soon she'll be mature enough to look after herself, hopefully at least. He couldn't help but smile "I still remember when you had a little brown dress with a duck on it, and you had a little side braid."


Rosie groaned "Daddy..." She whined, pouting. "Its like you live to try and embarrass me." She frowned.
He grinned "That's my job. And Alyssa's already beaten you today to the whining and pouting." He half smiled.
She looked to the side and murmured, "But I did it first." She grumbled, and hugged Thomas one last time before she went upstairs.


At last, there was only Erin and Thomas that were still awake. All of the kids were upstairs and probably asleep. He was sat on the couch, and she was laid down on it, her head on his leg.
"Can you believe they tried to get us together?" Erin half smiled, looking up at him.
He chuckled, and shook his head, "Honestly? Kind of. I thought they were acting a little bit secretive when they were kids."


"Imagine if it actually worked though, and if we were together." She mused, biting her lower lip slightly as she began to sit up. "I mean, just think about it..." She trailed off, her gaze was still on the TV
He over at her, "What, like together, together?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "I honestly don't know what it would be like. You never know, we could be engaged." He shrugged.


"Or even married." Erin couldn't help but shudder at that. She hated the thought of marriage, even if she married someone she loved. 
Thomas chuckled "Or maybe not married, based on you can't even say that word without shuddering."
She shrugged "Probably best if we didn't get married, otherwise it would most likely end in divorce." She mumbled.


He raised an eyebrow, "If we get divorced, I'm keeping the house. It was mine first." He pointed out, half smiling. Despite the subject, he wrapped his arm around her and she went closer to him.
"Fine, you can keep the house, but I'm taking most of your money." She grinned. "Or, if we didn't get a divorce, I would end up leaving town again like what I did when I first came here."

They spoke idly for a while, but both of them knew that even if they stayed up all night, it still wouldn't make his departure disappear, after a while, they went upstairs.


Erin slept in his bed that night, mostly because she really didn't feel like being alone that night. She cuddled up to him, her head resting on him. He didn't sleep that night though, he was too worried about when he would have to go and fight, this may possibly be the last time he'll be in his own bed.
Even though she wasn't used to being in a different bed, it was still probably one of the best nights sleeps she has had.


She woke up in the early hours in the morning, and couldn't help but feel a little happy when she woke up, before she remembered that she would wake up alone. Thomas was gone, and she had to look after Rosie, Alyssa and Connor on her own until he comes back. Right now though, all of them were asleep, apart from Erin. As she sat up, realization hit her like a speeding train.
She was alone.

Chapter 1.28 Silence                                                            

14 comments:

  1. Aw, goodbyes are so sad. It was nice that they got one final day out. Seeing Thomas, Erin, and Alyssa out as a family was really sweet. I was also happy to see some romance at the end before Thomas left. I'm still really sad to see him go, though :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodbyes are sad, I hated writing this chapter. I could never think of the right thing to say, which is why I often spun a bit of happiness on the goodbyes.
      I'm glad there was a little bit of sweetness at the end, but it doesn't mean that they're together or anything. Its just that kind of friendship with benefits. Not the sleeping together benefits though. Someone once said that in legacy's, sleeping together meant babies and there's already 3 in that house.

      Delete
  2. That was really sweet and sad at the same time. I hope Thomas comes back safely, but I'm afraid something bad's going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, life isn't all sunshine and rainbows filled with unicorn sparkles that smell like roses.
      That's all I'm going to say about the situation with Thomas ;)

      Delete
  3. Aww. how sad. :c I liked Erin and Thomas' conversation about what would have happened if they had ended up together. :C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking about it now, I realized that a lot of things could have gone differently in my legacy, (or at least in the story) choices I took I suppose, so I liked their conversation too :3

      Delete
  4. Oh so sad! :( And then watching all the kids drift off as he stayed up all night. Here's hoping he comes back in one piece please.

    Wow! Connor took finding Liam upstairs in their home a lot better than I would have thought! Though it does mean Rosie had a little comfort for the night just as Erin did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see about what happens to Thomas... Well, I have a story planned but you'll see all of that later.

      Yeah, Connor isn't really a getting angry and yelling kind of guy, then again, he did try to call the police so... Mixed views on how well he took it.

      Delete
  5. :'(

    COME BACK THOMASSSS!!!

    I don't even know what else to say, except that this was really sad and I've got a lump in my throat :( Please can he be ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, he'll be gone for a while.

      Is it weird that I'm glad you reacted this way? Sad stuff is a kind of challenge for me to write.
      Like God, I have a plan for all of my sims. I may not quite be Morgan Freeman yet, but none the less, I have a plan

      Delete
  6. This chapter was so beautifully written. I loved the way the tension of Thomas leaving hung in the air, but nobody was quite willing to really talk about it. It was so...bittersweet. Really, I loved it.
    (I'm still catching up, so sorry for commenting so late)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the chapter, and I was honestly struggling on what people would say in those situations, so I used that. But again, I'm glad you loved it.
      And take all the time you need to catch up, I'm not going anywhere any time soon ;)

      Delete
  7. It seems like they're being kind of melodramatic about Thomas's deployment, but it was a good idea for them to spend a family day together. I can understand Erin being lonely, but she'll be fine. I hope we get to see some of what he's doing in Starlight Shores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't know how long he would be out there for, or if he would even come home, so they wanted to spend some time together as a family.

      Delete