Sunday 2 March 2014

Chapter 1.27 A Friend For Toby

"Mom? Can we get another dog?" Connor asked.


Erin raised an eyebrow at his request "What's wrong with Toby?" She asked in return.
"Nothing, I just want another dog. You and Thomas are busy with Alyssa and me and Rosie are always at school, I think Toby might be lonely."


"And your solution is to get another dog?" She asked, folding her arms. 
He nodded as if it was obvious "Yeah, because then Toby won't get lonely and we can do more of what we want to do without him feeling like we're neglecting him." 
Erin half smiled "What if he doesn't get along with that dog though? Then what do we do?" She asked.
"We get another dog." Connor shrugged.


"What if he doesn't like that dog either?" She asked again, raising an eyebrow.
"Then we get another one." He grinned.
She sighed, "Lets hope for the sake of the house that Toby can get along with only one new dog."


His eyes lit up, "We can get another dog?" He grinned, and Erin nodded. 
"Just as long as you take care of her. And I want the new dog to be a girl." She grinned, going upstairs to check on Alyssa.


"You wanted to see me?" Thomas asked as he walked into his boss's office. He still wondered what all this was even about.
"Yes, there is." The fact that she didn't sit down in her chair made him the ever more uneasy about what it was. He wasn't going to get fired. He could tell that.


"I know this is usually your day off, and I'm sorry. I know you have a young daughter that you should be looking after, right?" That was probably the thing Thomas hated most about Dragon Valley. Everyone knew everything about everyone else.
"Yeah, Alyssa." He mumbled, "Her mom's looking after her though, my... Partner." He was stuck on what to call Erin. They were clearly more than just friends, they had Alyssa to prove that, but they weren't quite a couple either.


"How old is she? Still young?" She smiled, but it wasn't enough to fool him.
He narrowed his eyes, "She's a toddler, yes. Her birthday was a few days ago but she already knows how to talk a little. She can't really walk yet. Can you please tell me what's the real reason you called me in?"


"You've heard of Starlight Shores, right? There's been a lot of troubles going on over there, all stemming from an argument between the Gooder and the Best families. It's peaked at a whole new high, causing a lot more fights over a few other places in Simnation." 
Thomas frowned a little, not quite understanding why he was being told what he was being told, "And why did I need to come in this morning."
"We need you to go and try and settle things."



He pursed his lips, clearly not happy about this, "Why me? There's a lot more people who can deal with the things like this." He really wasn't happy about this, he didn't want to have to go all the way to Starlight Shores.
"The people who can 'deal with the things like this' tried, and they made it worse. Its almost on full blown out war, so we need people to try and stop it from being a war."



He nodded slowly, "And what's the likelihood of me getting hurt while being out there?" He asked.
His boss hesitated, "Right now, unlikely. I doubt it'll ever be all too likely that you'll get seriously injured." 
Hearing that made him slightly more at ease, "So, when do I have to be deported out?" He asked, seeing there wasn't much of a way out of this.
"In a few days."


Meanwhile, back at home, Erin was spending time with Alyssa, along with wondering where Thomas was. He hardly ever worked on this day, she didn't get why today was so different.


While Erin was wondering where Thomas was, Toby was getting friendly with a new dog in the house. It was the same breed as Toby, a Boston Terrier. Apart from the new one was a girl, called Boo and she had a brown splodge in the middle of her back. Neither of the dogs were sure of what to make of each other at first...


Luckily though, they soon became friends, or at least used to each other. Maybe a friend for Toby wasn't such a bad idea. Besides, he had to be getting lonely with being the only dog in the house. Now he had a friend to play with.


Erin was waiting by the doorway when Thomas got home. Her arms were folded, and she clearly wasn't happy "Where were you?" She asked, frowning. "I thought today was your day off." She was a little confused about that part. Where would he have to be? More importantly, why didn't he just tell her?
"It is my day off, and I was out, okay?" He sighed "And there's another dog outside... Since when did we have two dogs?"


"Connor wanted another dog. Her name is Boo. And you were out where?" She pressed further, wanting to know where he was. 
"Work called me in for a few hours, I was there." He answered. "Do you even consider talking to me when we get another dog?" He narrowed his eyes.


He tried to walk away, when she just stopped him "Stop trying to change the subject. I know when you do that. Just tell me what's going on, please?" She frowned, looking at him. "You're not all that bothered about getting Boo, are you?"
He frowned, "I am a little bothered about how you got her without telling me, like how you got Toby without telling me."
"Stop changing the subject." She folded her arms, looking at him.


He hesitated, thinking about how he was going to tell her. He wasn't going to beat around the bush, that was a pointless thing to do, "I have to go to Starlight Shores."
She furrowed her eyebrows "On vacation or something...?"


He shook his head "There's a war going on over there, and I have to help out." He frowned. "I'm going out in a couple of days." 
The main response he got off of Erin was silence.

Chapter 1.26 Witch!                                                                                                
______________________________
AN: Does this count as a cliffhanger? I don't think it does... But hey, I have high expectations for cliffhangers.
I had to change Erin's dragon tattoo because the one she originally had was cc and I can't find it again. I like the new tattoo though 

22 comments:

  1. Yes, that's a cliffhanger! He's going to war. And his boss said it wasn't likely he'd get seriously injured. "Not likely" doesn't mean he can't get hurt at all. On the good note: puppies in the future?
    Connor really likes dogs. Hopefully he won't end up as the crazy dog- man:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan for puppies. I want puppies because I've hardly ever played with dogs
      Connor has the dog lover trait and he constantly wants to get a dog so yeah.
      As for Thomas, lets just hope he'll be okay

      Delete
    2. "let's just hope"? Isn't that legacyspeak for "you all know I'm gonna kill him"? ;)

      Delete
    3. Hahaha, I think it would be brave of me to kill the founder, wouldn't it?
      Besides, I think its best if some things to stay between writer and sims, yes?

      Delete
  2. Uh-oh! I would interpret "you're not going to get seriously injured" as "you're going to get seriously dead." Poor Thomas!

    Boo is cute! I love Boston Terriers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Thomas indeed, but then again, would I be brave enough to kill my founder...? Hehe

      A lot of people on here have a fondness for Boston Terriers. And I love Boo too. I thought the name was perfect for her.

      Delete
  3. Geez. How much was the boss trying to conceal there? She seems like a real piece of work. And all the questions about Alyssa? Hmmm... I don't blame Erin for being concerned, still. She's fixating on it a little bit there isn't she? Oh, Erin. Just spit it out. You're worried because you love him. ;)

    Lol at Erin giving into Connor asking for another dog. I remember Erin was a 'teleporter.' Is Connor one too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *whispers* They're not allowed to be in love though. What they feel is forbidden! We have to make them get together in secret, maybe run away together like in Romeo and Juliet.
      Except for y'know, all the dying stuff.

      The Watcher wants puppies. Puppies are cute. People love puppies. If this was a marketing thing, puppies would make money.
      As for Connor and being a teleporter... I've honestly not thought that through. Huh.

      Delete
  4. Vampires, witches and evil fairies, oh my! lol I couldn't resist---especially with the earlier talk of the Wizard of Oz. And yay---I've caught up again. Goodness, I had no idea I had fallen so far behind! :/

    It's quite an intriguing story you have, I've enjoyed reading it. :) It'll be interesting to see what happens next. Rosie has had quite the life so far, poor girl. I can't say much though, I tend to torture my sims as well, lol And maybe I've killed off one or two, or three, but hey, at least one of those wasn't my fault, haha Ahem, all of that to say----if poor Thomas dies in the nasty war, I'll miss him, he's a good sim. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that I hadn't seen a comment from you in a while... And who doesn't love the Wizard of Oz?

      Intriguing in a good way? And I do feel as if I've been a little bit mean to Rosie. Ah well, I've been meaner to sims and plan on being meaner. I'm a sadist storyteller.
      I'll miss Thomas too, But he's not going to leave for another few chapters, so yay!

      Delete
  5. Yay, another dog! I love Connor's reply to Erin's question - just get another dog. If he used that mentality and none of the dogs got along he'd have a big mess on his hands.
    Thomas going to war is worrying. Hopefully his boss is right and the chance he'll get hurt is slim, but even so I doubt he'll come back the same (if he comes back at all - he'd better! :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for dogs! And luckily Boo and Toby get along, I don't think I could handle too many dogs all on one small lot.
      Thomas won't come back the same. That's all I'll say... Life at the little home will be different once he's gone and even more different when he's back.

      Delete
  6. 0.o Yeah, that was kinda a cliffhanger. :|
    He's going to war?! And his boss hesistated before telling him it was unlikely he'd be seriously injured. So... It's still pretty likely hell die, then?

    But... Uh... Yay! Another dog. Kinda overshadowed, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Boo's appearance would get overshadowed, that's why I named this chapter the way it is (That and I don't want anyone finding out the true aim)

      It would be very brave of me to kill my founder, wouldn't it? Hm. I know I've said that a lot, but its the truth.

      Delete
  7. I'm not sure if its a cliffhanger or not, I mean, yes he's going away to war, but he's not gone yet and he's not in imminent danger until he does leave...

    Hopefully a new dog means puppies soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a semi cliffhanger. I just ended it in a cliffhanger-ish way I think, huh
      Thomas isn't going for like, two chapters-ish so he'll be around for a while.

      I want puppies, a lot. I wanna see some little cuties <3

      Delete
  8. All caught up finally :) Aww man a war. I guess you have expect that sort of thing when your in the military though. Couple of days bummer. The new doggie is cute. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Boo, honest to God. She's so cute in game! Her and Toby are forever playing together <3
      It does suck how Thomas has to go away, but these things have to happen.
      *Throws confetti* Yay! You caught up!

      Delete
  9. Sorry for falling behind again! Oh no, I'll be sad to see Thomas go. I hope he doesn't stay away for too long, I like his character.

    And the new dog is cute! I can never have only one animal in my household either. They get lonely too easily and the people are usually to busy with their own things to take care of them. Having multiple animals to entertain each other is easier. I do wonder, though, if there will be any puppies in the future...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its okay, and I'm glad you like him, I honestly feel as if I'm ignoring him too much... Now he has a story plot (Even if it involves him being away)

      I hate having only one animal, I've just realised that. Toby constantly got lonely and I got bored of him always being lonely and Connor was always at school. So I got Boo to fill the void.

      Delete
  10. Duh, Erin, the solution is *always* to get another dog :D

    Yes Erin, why *didn't* you talk to Thomas before getting another dog? Kinda wrong of her to do that, and then grill him about his whereabouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a lot of dogs in their household at one point. Boo and Toby were very friendly.

      She's very impulsive, and dogs are cute. She couldn't exactly talk to him, and her grilling him about his whereabouts was her way of avoiding the subject of why she got a dog.

      Delete