Tuesday 18 February 2014

Chapter 1.22 Interlude; The Antagonist

If you have to be the antagonist, you often have a lot more creative powers. You have a lot more color to you.


Elli wandered around her favourite room in her castle. Perhaps that was a good thing about living a long time, there was so much you could do and collect. So much you could see and aspire. Sure, there's the tragedy of death, but that just becomes a hollow numb feeling after a while.



But when you're as old as Elli, you see things in a new light. Is death really such a bad thing? No. Its a beautiful thing. The stage where your heart stops, your lungs don't work, everything shuts down. Why is it always known as such a bad thing?



Elli never will quite get why mortals get so beat up over death, and why they fear it. It's a state of forever resting, forever peace. She half smiled, remembering the time she influence a young witch into doing the greatest sign of peace one could see. It was probably time for something like that to happen again.



Obviously, that was her plan. She wanted someone innocent, someone unaware of the past. Many people knew about it, or at least part of it. That's why no one would want to be a witch, or even anything powerful. Luckily, that part was already done.



There was the sound of someone in front of Elli, which made her roll her eyes. She knew what it would be about.
"Why are you doing this again?" The teen behind the other couch asked. Her brother. Well, that was what he thought at least. "Its like you don't remember what happened." He snapped.
"I do remember. It was an amazing time." She sighed softly, not in the mood for this. She looked up to see him, half smiling. "If you were there too, you'd be on my side."



"I don't have the same beliefs as you Elli. I'm not like you." He growled, obviously really bothered by this. "Why are you even going through all the effort just for this?" He came from around the back of the couch, raising his voice.
She shrugged a little, still smiling "Boredom, and hardly anything interesting happens in this town."
"So that's why you want to mess around with a mortal? Not to mention messing with her when she was a child? You're messing up her life Elli!" He yelled.



"Lay off Liam, sheesh!" She snapped back, glaring at him. "Why do you care anyway?" She stepped towards him "Which one of us was the womanizer?" She raised an eyebrow.
He pursed his lips "That's a different thing Elli." He folded his arms. "What I did only hurt them for a little bit. What your willing to do it going to mess up everything." He sighed.



"Its one mortal. There are a lot in this town. I don't get what the problem is." Her eyes widened at him, mostly in defence. Not like she particularly needed it.
"The problem is that you're going to hurt a lot of people, innocent people." He frowned. "And you're not even going to be the one feeling guilty."



Elli sighed softly, thinking of something to say when she thought of it. "Do you get upset when someone beats cancer? Or if someone defeats a disease?" 
Liam furrowed his eyebrows, following her "No, why would I?"
"Because, a lot of cells are killed for nothing. A whole lifeform in someone is gone, just like that." She started, having some sympathy for once. It made him uncomfortable.



"Really, humans are like a disease to the Earth. We slowly kill her with our poisons and pollution." She sighed, "So, really, isn't that what a disease would do to people? I'm merely just helping the earth getting over a disease." She explained softly, as if Liam was a child.
He hated to admit that it made sense, but it still didn't mean that you could just kill people. "You can't just kill people when you please." He mumbled, "Besides, is she even powerful enough?"



Elli shrugged "With the wand, she will be." She sighed "Are we done with 20 questions now? Its getting boring."
He frowned a little "She has it? Are you sure that's safe? It is known to be a little rouge with spells sometimes..."
She scoffed "Like anything I've done is safe so far."



Liam went even paler, and asked "She is a natural witch, right? You didn't turn her, did you?" He was starting to get worried.
"So what if I did turn her?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "Its not like there's all too much you can do about it. You can't ever go out in the sunlight to talk to her about it without burning to a pile of ash." She laughed, looking at him.



"That's not funny Elli, and don't change the subject." He glared at her, while she just grinned at him.
"I'm going to go outside. Bye." She grinned, and walked away from him. "Have fun inside, like always." She called, and there was the sound of the door closing.



Liam sighed softly, hating his sister sometimes. He hated having to stay in this castle, mostly because Elli was determined on staying here too with him. He felt really bad about this witch, and wanted some way, any way at all to help. He knew there were easy ways to help, and which would make him happier too, and make the castle quieter. But it's just the question of whether or not he would ever actually be brave enough to do something like that...

Chapter 1.21 New Secrets, New People                                                    
______________________________
AN: Sorry that Elli looks kinda different, I cleared my cc folder and I can't remember where I got some of the stuff from.
So, this was an interlude, and I think I'll have one or two each generation. Usually fairly short-ish I guess.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, Elli gives me the creeps! I'm interested in her family history though, she's a fairy, but she refers to humans as "we", and her brother is a vampire. That sounds like a fascinating back story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, is it weird that I'm glad she does? I tried to make her into psychopath like person and I guess it kinda worked!
      Back story will come later though

      Delete
  2. I'm with Ali. What a backstory you've got there! And at first I thought we were getting answers. Nope. Those answers have left more questions! Obviously the fairy Elli is much older than Sabrina even. And her brother is a vampire?

    And Wow as to how far she's willing to go to hurt others. She's done this manipulation before and is excited about doing it again. Calm about it even.

    Now then, for the big one, just what is Liam going to do with the information he now has?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mwahaha! So many questions, so little answers. Am I being mean for doing that...?
      Nah.
      Like I told Ali, the backstory will come soon. I have a lot of backstories I need to do, but I will get to them all, promise.

      Delete
  3. I'm very interested in Liam's character. I hope we get to see more of him in future chapters, and that he works up the courage to leave the castle to do what he needs to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like his character. You will get to see him again soon, I don't plan on letting him go that easy. He's mainly just scared about what the outside, more the sun, might do to him.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow. So now we know for certain what Elli's plans are... But why? There must be more to it than boredom. I did like her 'humans are a disease on the earth' line. Thats 100% true, but rather than kill us off she should help us fix what we broke. It would heal a lot faster that way...

    I hope Liam can do something! I wonder how old he is? Really a teenager? Or just slow-aging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought of that all on my own, shows how good of a psychopath I could be if whatever else I wanna do when I'm older doesn't work out.
      I think my own dark opinions kinda made it into there. I'm one of those who believes that when something's broke, replace it instead of fixing it.

      As for Liam, we're not saying goodbye to him just yet...

      Delete
  5. Well that was interesting. On the one hand, Elli's nucking futs. Much more so than I thought. But on the other hand, there is a counterbalance to her designs, if he can find a way to strike that balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she is nucking futs. However, it is very fun writing for a psychopath, which I'm contemplating whether or not its worrying..

      Delete