Sunday 16 February 2014

Chapter 1.21 New Secrets, New People

Connor honestly felt guilty about what he was doing.


As he began to search around Rosie's room for clues, he couldn't help but feel bad. Well, of course he would feel bad, it was a dishonest thing to do, besides he really didn't want to stumble across 'girly things'. He felt uncomfortable just thinking about it to be fully honest, and he shuddered at the thought of what she may be hiding.


Connor was mostly thankful that Rosie was downstairs, practicing the bass, and his Mom was playing the keyboard along with Rosie, meanwhile Thomas was busy decorating the new baby's room. If it wasn't for everyone being buys, he would not be doing this. He felt bad about this, invading her personal space, but he needed answers. Full and proper answers. Sabrina's suspicions about Rosie honestly worried him, and he wanted to know if she was a witch or not, and if so, how?



He still kept on searching, his eyes widening when he found what he was looking for. He saw the sleek, black wand on the cushion, and couldn't help but wonder how long she took hiding it. Probably not too long... He managed to get it, and looked it over as he put it and the cushion up on the chest of drawers, a little scared about what it might do.


It sure looked real, that was something. It didn't look like the kind you would get from a fair for 50 simoleons, it looked expensive. Again, it raised more questions than it actually answered. Like how did she get this wand, or even became a witch in the first place... He knew he wasn't the right person who would know about these things, so he kinda had to call the only person he knew would.
He dialled that person, and just said "I found it."


Even though her Daddy got the instruments for Erin, that doesn't mean that Rosie can't use them. Sure she's not quite as good as Erin is, but practice makes perfect, right? Luckily she was too distracted by her music to go up to her room, otherwise Connor would be busted for sneaking around in her room.


Its not like Erin particularly missed her bass at the moment, she had a keyboard, guitar and even drums as well, so it didn't matter if Rosie wanted to borrow one of her instruments. It gave the two girls a chance to talk about something, and since some conversations between them weren't great, Erin wanted to take advantage of Rosie's new found love for music.


Connor wasn't in Rosie's room after that, as he took the wand into his own room. He knew Sabrina would probably already be in his room, so he just went in and set it down on the floor. She frowned a little as she looked at it, clearly thinking about something.
Connor cleared his throat, and asked "So... Is it real?" He mumbled, a little worried at how quiet Sabrina was being.
"Real, all real. I'm honestly surprised that she has this..." She trailed off, still looking at the wand. He could see that there was a slightly hint of confusion on her face, more from curiosity than anything.
"What do you mean?" He asked, looking at her.


"Well, you see," She started, finally looking back up at him. She moved so she was sat crossed legged. "All wands have different strengths and abilities. Most people just have the classic version, which is good all in all, but its mainly for just little things like conjuring apples and pulling little tricks. This is a top of the line wand, one I didn't even know existed."
Connor nodded, somewhat understanding what she meant "So, is this one really powerful then?" He asked, looking at her. He couldn't help but wonder how she actually knew all this stuff.


"Very. It the most powerful one in existence." Sabrina confirmed what Connor said. "Its actually the only one of its kind, which further brings up the question of how she got this wand..." She murmured, trailing off.
"So, how powerful actually is it? Can it turn people into toads?" He grinned, thinking that would be really funny/ If he could work out how to use it at least...
"It can do a lot more than that." Sabrina sighed, frowning. "I don't exactly want to say how powerful it actually is, especially if it falls into the wrong hands."
"What's the big deal?" He asked, wondering if Sabrina was overreacting. "I mean, what's the worst that could happen:?" He shrugged smiling a little.
Sabrina sighed softly "There's something you should probably know..." And she began to explain why this wand was such a bad thing.


"Remember the story of the Great Dragon Fire?" Sabrina asked, "Well... That didn't fully happen the way they tell us in school. There was once this witch, in a time long before TV and video games and all that. Not many people actually knew about the witch though, and those who did shunned her. One day, the witch had enough of it all, and cast a spell on the entire town to fall asleep, or more like pass out."
"That doesn't sound so bad." Connor interrupted, only to be met by a scowl from Sabrina
"That's because I haven't finished."


"Anyway, I can't fully explain what she did, because I don't know fully myself how she managed to do it. One by one, she managed to move most of the passed out people around her, all for her master scheme. A lot of the first inhabitants of Dragon Valley were there, a time which was way before now. I know this story because I was there, I saw the witch with my own eyes." She continued, not getting any reaction from Connor just yet about what she just said, and confessed about herself.


"As soon as all the people were there, she struck the wand down, forcefully. If it was any other wand, it would have just fallen out of her hand, but it was the special wand. The exact one Rosie has now. As soon as she did, there was a golden cloud like thing that surrounded her. At that time, I thought it was probably a happy spell, maybe making herself normal or something, but I was far from right."


"The golden cloud around her was life, lives she had stolen from the now-dead people around her. She killed almost the whole town that day, yet never would have been able to if it wasn't for that damn wand. If it wasn't for that wand... Well, to be honest I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for that. I would've died about fifty years after that event."


"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait." Connor murmured, shuffling back a little. If he understood right, that meant that Sabrina was over fifty years old. She certainly didn't look over fifty. "How..? I don't understand." He honestly started to wonder if all girls were this confusing.
"I said almost everyone died. Those who didn't die became immortal as a side effect, well, almost immortal. Basically, I only age if I want to, and so far I haven't exactly found a reason why I would want to."
Connor nodded, his head felt as if it was spinning around and around right now "So, how old are you?" He asked, now realizing she could be over one hundred years old! Whether or not that would be creepy was the only thing he could then think about.
"I'm four hundred and thirty five." She answered simply, looking at him.


"Four hundred and thirty five..." Connor mumbled, looking at Sabrina. His best friend was at least thirty times his age. She had lived over thirty times longer than him.
She was obviously uncomfortable about the subject. "I get that if you don't want to be friends anymore because of what I just said." She mumbled, frowning. She started to wish she didn't bring it up now. Its lonely being on your own for so long, and she felt as if she had finally found someone to be friends with. She would honestly hate it if he didn't want to be friends anymore.
He looked at her, still confused "Why wouldn't I want to be friends with you?" He asked, tilting his head a little. "You're still my best friend, no matter what." He grinned, and moved forwards to hug his best friend.


There were hugs throughout the house at that moment. Erin smiled widely as she hugged Thomas "I love it, it's perfect."
"I thought you'd like it." He spoke as he pulled out of the hug a little "Are you glad I told you not to help now?"
"A little, but if we ever redecorate, I wanna help. I felt guilty though." She pouted.


"You'll probably end up regretting that when you get paint in your hair or something. Its not as blonde as if used to be, is it?" He was a little disappointed to be honest, he liked her blonde.
"Why don't you dye your own hair that colour, if you like blondes so much?" She raised an eyebrow, teasingly.
He laughed "I think I'd prefer you blonde to be honest." He grinned, leaving her pouting a little.
"Fine. I might dye it again soon though, after the baby's born though." She then grinned back at him, pulling fully out of the hug.
"Which is kinda soon, isn't it?" He asked, moving his hands down to her belly.


"Yeah, really soon." She half smiled, albeit nervous. "Are you excited about being a dad again?" She asked, smiling slightly at him.
"Excited? Yeah, more nervous though." He laughed a little, fairly nervously. 
"We'll be fine though." She managed to convince herself as she said that "I mean, we both had Rosie and Connor at once and we had next to nothing then and we made it, so I think we'll be fine with just her."
He looked up at her "Her? You think its a girl?" He couldn't help but grin a little, as he stood up straight again.
She shrugged "Yeah, it just feels like this one's a girl." She smiled, then asked "Can I sleep in your bedroom with you tonight?" She bit her lower lip a little "You know, just in case."
He held back the grin as he nodded "Yeah, sure. Just in case." He half smiled at her.


Connor woke up fairly late, guessing it was still a snow day like usual.  He was a little confused when he saw Rosie in the kitchen, instead of usually either his Mom or Thomas. 
"Where's my Mom?" He asked, frowning a little. 
"Hospital." She answered simply, its not like it would have been too much of a mystery about why she was there. "My Dad left a note on the fridge." 
Connor sat down at the table, just as Rosie put the waffles into the pan and into the oven.


Connor couldn't help but feel at least a little scared by Rosie. Not like she would ever actually end up to be like the witch in Sabrina's story, he knew his sister enough to know she wouldn't do that, it was just the possibility that she could if she really wanted to. Clearing his throat before he spoke, he murmured "You know, my friend told me a story about witches." He started.
Rosie laughed a little "That's cute, but witches aren't real you know." She said, seeming totally cool about it.


But obviously, she wasn't fully cool with it. She wondered where his sudden fascination with witches came from, and more importantly why he was bringing it up. She sighed softly "It was probably just a fairytale. They're not real, remember." She almost spoke to him as if he was a toddler, which honestly made him angry. 
"Then why do you have a wand in your room?" He asked sharply.


A smile played on her lips, as she slowly lowered the fork. Sensing the new brought tension in the room, Connor just looked at his food, as if that would take away what he just said.
Rosie grinned when she said "I'm not sure what I'm angry about more, the fact that you went into my room, and went through my stuff, or that you want me to explain to you what happened." She felt a little bad about being mean, but he went through her stuff! "So, if you keep this secret between me, you and maybe even your imaginary girlfriend, I won't tell Erin what you did." She whispered the last bit, and Connor was about to reply when the door opened.


"Guys, there's someone we want you to meet." Thomas spoke softly, as he, Erin and the little person in the pink buddle came through the door.
"This is your little sister, Alyssa." She smiled, barely breaking eye contact from the new baby as both Connor and Rosie came over to see the newest member of their family.

Chapter 1.20 Reactions                                                              
______________________________
AN: Phew! A lot has happened in this chapter, and its taken a while to get here with game crashes and myself meeting someone new... (Not like in this chapter though, and I'm honestly glad.) But its up! :D I was scared I'd be saying an early goodbye to this legacy but nuh uh! They're not going anyway by my count ;)
And with this, all three children in this generation are born, some before others though.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on meeting your rolled kids! Can't wait to see how Alyssa turns out, I have a friend with a daughter called Alyssa :)

    Ooooh Connor... What have you gotton yourself into now? I hope Rosie won't hold a grudge, but I still want her to tell Thomas.

    I loved hearing Sabrina's story! Was great to see where she came from, and have her explained... But why can nobody else see her? And why hasn't Connor worked that out just yet?
    I hope it isn't the wand that was evil! Hopefully it was just because of that witch, but how did Elli get the wand, and why did she give it to Rosie, and why did she turn Rosie into a witch in the first place?! So many more questions need to be answered so you better hope your game keeps working, missy!! ;)

    Glad you got your game issues worked out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honestly glad I have, Erin and Thomas are already kinda old and I've worked out they'll be elder by the time Alyssa's a teenager...

      People are slowly finding out about Rosie's witchhood (Is that the right word? I'm going with it.) She probably will hold a grudge on and off.

      All your questions will be answered soon-ish, I promise. I have a lot of questions and mystery and drama in this, don't I? Hehe more to keep you guys hooked.
      If my game ever does fizzle out, I'll just say what I have planned, it'll all work out :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for baybee!

    Phew! Connor dodged a bullet with that one didn't he? I'm really glad Rosie took it so well.

    I mean, she's been through quite a bit with the bad fairy coming to make her a witch and then a super moody teenagehood (so far.) And then with Thomas and Erin together, but not together and with a baby together, it's a lot! I just really hope she's able to keep her cool so that story about the long ago witch doesn't happen again through her. Yikes!

    And I'm totally with Gem! So.Many.Questions! Tons of them! I can't wait to see where you're taking this.

    Good for you for getting your game up and running again. It's so annoying when it's out like that isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I'm being kinda mean to Rosie, aren't I? Ah well, it'll show what she's made of. Lets just hope she can keep her cool, I'm pretty sure a lot of people wouldn't want another Dragon Valley killing spree.
      That was actually really funny to shoot, it looked like a bunch of people playing dead fishes with one in the middle.
      I'm glad I've got it working, I just hope it'll work for a while (Fingers crossed at least.) And most of your questions will be answered soon

      Delete
  3. I loved Sabrina's story! I wonder where Elli fits into it though and I do hope that Rosie's not going to wind up going a similar way to the witch in the story... At least she didn't react too badly to Connor admitting he'd gone through her stuff. Interesting that Rosie referred to Sabrina as his "imaginary girlfriend", I wonder how long it'll take for that to sink in with him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to wait and see with Rosie... And I honestly think she reacted finely to it. If that was me, I would be so much more angry.
      The thing is, Connor didn't really get a chance to speak before Erin and Thomas came back in with Alyssa. He probably would have reacted sooner to what she said but interruptions get in the way.

      Delete
  4. Yay for another girl! I feel bad, but I'm preferential to girls. Probably because they're more fun to dress up. There needs to be more male clothes/hair! *shakes fist*

    Anyway, I enjoyed this chapter. It's interesting to learn more about Sabrina. I wonder if Connor will make her want to grow up? And I wonder if that story she told is foreshadowing. I hope that Rosie doesn't end up doing anything terrible like that, at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way, plus a girl will be a lot easier for my next role, so, yay! And yes, that means Connor won't be heir, sadly.

      I like Sabrina's character, she's an interesting one to right. Obviously I make her quite smart because she's quite old so she would have learned quite a bit through the four centuries she's lived through. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  5. Yay for Alyssa! I hope her siblings come to love her.

    Not cool of Connor to go through Rosie's stuff, even if it was out of concern. I did find it strange that Sabrina first said she didn't know a wand like that existed, but then proceeded to tell him all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its weird seeing her as a baby again, I'm used to her being a teenager/adult.

      I would have gone nuts if my brother went through my stuff, so I think Rosie took it fairly calmly. And by that, she meant she wasn't sure if one still existed.

      Delete