Friday 24 January 2014

Chapter 1.16 Parent Trap

The first snowy morning was spent sorting out the laundry.


Erin honestly felt upset that it was Connor's birthday. It felt like just yesterday when she was taking home a little blue bundle, and now he was walking and talking. She frowned a little, closing the dryer door, she hated how fast her son was growing up.


Pretty soon, everyone gathered around for Connor's birthday. Erin helped him by leaning forwards so he could blow out the candles on the top of the cake. She helped him blow out the candles, mainly so he wouldn't get upset if he couldn't reach them.


Its always exciting ageing up, mainly because you get first dibs on the cake. Now everyone was old enough to actually eat it, well, this birthday would be a little different.


They all gathered around the table to eat the birthday cake, with mainly idle chit chat going around. Most of it was about upcoming birthdays, and what to do in the snowy season. Erin and Connor were the first ones to finish their cake, leaving Thomas and Rosie to talk.


Rosie had just about finished her cake, when Thomas asked "So, where did you go yesterday?" He asked calmly, not getting too angry. Surely, she must have just gone out for a little while, but he could help having the negative thoughts plague him.
She shrugged "I went to a friend's house." She mumbled, which wasn't a full lie. Elli used to be her friend at least. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you though." Her apology was sincere too, she truly did feel bad about everything that had happened, and why she wasn't being fully honest with him. But in truth, he wasn't being fully honest either. Even though it was only a brief mentioning of her mother, Rosie was still curious about her other parent. She must have a mother, its not like she could have just magically appeared one day.
"Just tell me in the future, okay?" Thomas asked, and could tell that Rosie was thinking about something. She had that distant look in her eyes.
She nodded quickly, "Promise." She murmured, honestly wishing it was that easy. She stood up and put her plate away.


Connor was honestly hoping for quiet the rest of that day, mainly just staying in his bedroom. Its not like he didn't like hanging out with his family, he really did, but sometimes he just preferred to be on his own. Kind of like everyone, really. Everyone needed time alone, so what if he preferred it a little more than most.


He certainly didn't count on his sort-of older sister coming in and disturbing him.
"You know, I think you've forgot our little arrangement." She mumbled, then looked around the room, it was very green, an obvious sign Erin decorated it.
"What arrangement?" He murmured, not really wanting to talk. He wanted to be alone right now.
Rosie rolled her eyes, and sat on the other side of his bed. "The arentpay aptray." She winked, talking in code. When Connor didn't get what she was on about, she sighed "The parent trap, remember?"


"Oh right yeah." He mumbled, then furrowed his eyebrow "Wait, I thought the parents were divorced in that movie."
She sighed "Technicalities, technicalities. The main point is, the kids in that movie tried to get their parents together, and that's what we're gonna do!" She grinned. "But, I can't just convince them on my own." She pointed out, smiling sweetly at him.
"What if I don't want to help?" He frowned a little, not so sure if this idea would actually work. He was mainly worried about getting in trouble, which would be the last thing he wanted.
"If you don't help..." She started threateningly, but then faltered. She wasn't sure what she would do if he didn't help "Just please? Can't you be nice?" She kept the sweet smile on, hoping to convince him.


"Fine, I'll help." He grumbled, putting the book into his bedside drawer. "But you owe me." He looked at her, honestly hoping to get something out of this at a later date.
"Great." She grinned, and there was a lingering silence. Rosie honestly hasn't thought this through all too far.
"So...?" He started, confused. "What exactly are we going to do?" He asked, waiting for her answer.
In response to his question, she laughed nervously "That's where I kinda need your help." She scratched the back of her head, embarrassed.


"You don't have a plan, do you?" He asked, looking at her and rolling his eyes. She pouted, hating how someone younger than her was making her feel stupid.
"I have a plan." She scoffed, "I just don't fully know how to do it without being caught." She shrugged.
"What is it?" He asked, and Rosie began to tell him the first, and probably only step of her parent trap. Afterwards, he gave her an unimpressed look "Seriously? That's your plan?"
"Yeah! I thought it was pretty good." She grinned, obviously a lot more proud of her work than he was.
"My mom is going to go nuts at you for that." He pointed out, raising an eyebrow.
"And she'll forgive me when she and my daddy are getting married." She folded her arms.


"If you have a better idea, fine. But I'm still doing mine too." She huffed, and looked away from him. At least she was older than him.
"How about we just try making them spend time together? So they can realise it on there own?" Connor suggested, thinking his plan would work a lot better than Rosie's plan.
"Then we can work together while being against each other." She looked back at him. "Kind of like a competition with the same goal." She shrugged.
"Okay, fine. But I'll win." He shrugged back, grinning, "Mainly because I have more than one idea."
"Oh, shut up!" She glared at him, then walked out and into the bathroom.


She got into the shower, but not turning it on. How silly that would be if she did though! Rosie was determined now to show Connor that her idea wasn't stupid. Her idea would work and when she's the pretty bridesmaid at their wedding, she'll stick out her tongue at him all the way through.


After searching through the few things in the shower, trying to find out what was what, Rosie picked up the shampoo, grinning. She knew Erin was going to be really angry at her about this, but she'll understand, hopefully. She began to tamper with the shampoo, still grinning.


"Well see who's plan won't work." She mumbled, walking out of the shower. She was fairly certain her plan would sooner or later work. Or maybe it would take both hers and Connor's plan. Either way, she was positive her daddy and Erin were going to be together one day. Unfortunately, she was more sure that for now, Erin was more going to be angry at her. She was assured of this when she heard a scream from the bathroom.


Erin's eyes widened when she stepped out of the shower. She was blonde. Well, not blonde more like bright yellow! Her hands went through her hair, wondering why her hair went this way. She turned back to look at the shower, and saw the yellow suds slowly making their way down the drain. She groaned, annoyed and got back into the shower. She had to wash out the yellow.


Erin began to look through the shampoos, and saw the empty contents of a dye bottle behind the other shower stuff. She turned the shower on again, using one of the other shampoos to try and get rid of the yellow.


She stayed in the shower for a lot longer, almost using a full bottle of shampoo. She waited until the water turned clear again, and crossed her fingers before getting out of the shower. All she hoped was that her hair wasn't as yellow.


She sighed, seeing her hair was still a bright blonde. She honestly had no clue what kind of dye was in her shampoo, and now her hair, but it was a really good kind. She frowned, and took her hair down for once, seeing if it looked any better down.


After the initial shock was over, she was furious and partly embarrassed. What would Thomas think? He'd probably just laugh. She frowned, running her fingers through the tips of her hair. Her hair felt horrible and straw-like.
Erin had a pretty good idea she knew who exactly did this "Rosie!" She yelled, and went into her bedroom.


"What were you thinking?" She asked, storming into her room.
"I'm sorry Erin." She mumbled, frowning and sniffling "I-I just thought..." She trailed off, and looked at her knees.
"You thought what?" She snapped, obviously annoyed.


"I-I thought you'd like it." She mumbled, not giving her full reason away. She honestly did it because she thought that Erin would look prettier blonde, and maybe her daddy would think that too.
She bit her lower lip, "Next time, can you just suggest it to me before sneaking dye into my shampoo?" She tried to keep her voice calm, not wanting to upset Rosie. It's been a difficult few days for her, mainly with the things that have happened with the monsters under her bed and the whole thing with Elli.


"So... Are you going to stay blonde?" Rosie asked, and looked up at Erin, who seemed to be ignoring the mirror.
"I don't have all too much of a choice, do I? If I dye my hair back brown, it might fall out." She sighed. Even though she didn't like being blonde, she'd rather that than to have next to no hair.
"Rosie?" There was the sound of Thomas's voice from outside of her room, and Rosie saw Erin's eyes widen as she quickly went upstairs. She furrowed her eyebrows, watching as the last few electric sparks disappeared.


He frowned a little, and could've sworn he heard Erin's voice as well as Rosie's "Was Erin in here?" He asked.
She looked up at him, and nodded "Yeah, she was. She went upstairs though as you came in."
He was even more confused now "What? Why? Did I do something to upset her?" He asked, honestly confused.
"Nope, she was worried you'd make fun of her because she accidentally dyed her hair blonde." Rosie shrugged, not adding that it was her fault.
Thomas's eyes widened, Erin was blonde? He tried to hide his grin as he managed to say "I'll go check she's alright."


"You know, it really doesn't look that bad." He mumbled, trying to hide his grin. It didn't actually look that bad, it was just... A surprise. He didn't even know she had thought about going blonde.
"I know it does, so stop sugar coating it." She frowned, looking anywhere but at her now blonde locks.


"It really doesn't, besides, your hair looks nice down. Why did you always have it up before?" He asked, honestly wondering.
"I would still have it up if I was still a brunette." She stood up, and flopped down on her bed. "I don't want to be blonde." She whined, pouting.
"Then why did you dye it that colour?" He asked, and sat down on her bed too.


"I didn't. A certain someones daughter put blonde dye in my shampoo." She looked up at him, frowning. "She thought that my hair would look nice blonde."
"Rosie dyed your hair blonde?" He asked, grinning. "I'm sorry, but I don't believe that."
"Well, I didn't die it blonde, you didn't, and I'm pretty sure Connor doesn't even know what hair dye is." She pointed out.
"Okay, fine. There's a possibility she did, even though I have no clue where she would have got hair dye from, but you know she didn't mean it like that." He shrugged.


"I know, I just..." She sighed, trailing off. "Does it really look okay?" 
He rolled his eyes "Yes, it looks fine. You look like a princess." He muttered, sarcastically.
She hit him playfully, "Don't be mean. This is a serious thing. I don't want to look like a blonde idiot." She looked up at him.
"You don't look like a blonde idiot. You look fine." He chuckled lightly, "Maybe you should stay blonde." He shrugged.
She scoffed "Don't count on it. I'm not staying blonde." She mumbled.


Chapter 1.15 I Promise                                                                               
______________________________
AN: Hehehe, I kinda like Erin blonde. I only came to this idea the other day when I was thinking of what else to do for a Parent Trap. I wanted to prank one of them and I'd prefer Erin blonde than Thomas with some 'unique' hair colour. 
This was actually a really quick chapter to do, I guess there weren't too many scenes and I didn't need to fuss too much over poses.

10 comments:

  1. *Giggles* Rosie turned Erin's hair blonde to get her and Thomas together? I can't help but think Connor's idea is a better one tbh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... His plan was just a little bit better ;) I'm honestly slightly jealous though. If that happened in real life, she'd be either ginger or a very slightly lighter brown
      Rosie's not all too good at thinking out plans, ah well, at least she came up with something, albeit fairly useless...

      Delete
  2. Really Rosie? Boobytrapping the shower was your plan? pfft

    Well, at least Erin does look nice with the new color/style. Even though it's not sticking around. What did Rosie think her dad likes blondes and that's why she did it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie's not a smart one... I think the whole Thomas liking blondes thing was her initial idea, but it wasn't a good one.
      I like Erin blonde, I honestly thought I wouldn't but hey! What do I know? The blonde will be sticking around for quite a while though, it'll turn darker soon though.

      Delete
  3. Haha! I love that you dyed her hair! How many pranks did Rosie have to pull to get Erin to come out with yellow hair, or did you luck out, or pick the new hair colour based on what she ha when she came out?
    But, yeah, not the most amazing plan to get their parents together. It's on you, Connor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yellow was second time around, first it was pink I think? But I couldn't dye her hair pink. I was wanting yellow because even though Erin likes green, it wouldn't work and neither would blue. I'm not so sure if there are any other funny hair colors... I must experiment more with pranking...
      Nope, not a good plan, hopefully Connor will have better ideas

      Delete
  4. Oh Rosie. That really wasn't a great plan, but Erin does look good with blond hair. I really like the twist you used on the prank though! I've never thought about having the dye job be permanent, so great job with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks. I wanted to see how Erin looked like with different hair colours, and I accidentally clicked on blonde, and that's how Erin's blonde now :D

      Delete
  5. Aw, I can understand how Erin feels, not wanting Connor to grow up. Especially as he really was a cute toddler.

    If Rosie's so curious about her mother, she could just, y'know, just ask, lol. Thomas not talking about Roxie hardly makes him a guilty party.

    Aw, I like Connor even more now. I'm right there with him--I need a lot of downtime and alone time, too.

    Erin looks pretty good as a blonde!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That, and she was an adult soon, so that didn't help her either. All of her midlife crisis and feeling old thing will lead to something, I promise ;)

      She was just scared to talk about her mom, as if it was a forbidden thing or something.

      Looking back, I feel bad... I hardly paid any attention to Connor when he was a child, and only briefly when he was a teen (Rosie kinda took over). So, I gave him a meaningful goodbye.

      Its weird seeing her as a brunette. Like, when I look back, I honestly don't recognize her for a second. I see her with dirty blonde hair, not brunette.

      Delete