Thursday 23 January 2014

Chapter 1.15 I Promise

It was a wonder how no one heard Rosie disappear. Maybe they were just that quiet...


"Why are you having cake for breakfast?" Thomas asked, turning away from from his own breakfast to look over at Erin.
She simply shrugged, and sat down "Well, why not? There's a lot in the fridge, and we've all got birthdays coming up soon." She half smiled at him
"Don't remind me." He mumbled, frowning a little. He stopped eating for a few minutes, just merely pushing the cereal around the bowl with his spoon.
"What are you worried about? You being an adult, or Rosie being a teenager soon." She lightly teased, grinning.


Toby made an attempt at a bark, which only ended up being silent. Obviously whatever he wanted, either scraps or attention, was going to go unnoticed for a few minutes.
"Aren't you worried though? Connor's birthday's tomorrow, and its your birthday a little after mine." He pointed out.
She shrugged "Yeah, I guess. But at least I don't have to go first." She grinned a little, "Oh, and I'm going out today. I want a little me time." She half smiled.
"As long as you don't get another tattoo, I don't want Rosie thinking its okay to get one."
Erin scoffed "I won't get a tattoo. Its like you don't trust me or something."


A little while later at the tattoo parlour, Erin couldn't help but frown a little. She started to wonder where the original tattoo artist was, the one that did her dragon.
"Excuse me? Where's the tattoo artist?" She asked, a little confused. The guy looked like he worked there, but she wasn't fully sure.
"Right here." The man smiled back, much to her confusion.


"So... Where's the guy that used to work here?" She asked softly, not wanting to offend the new tattoo artist. She knew that if she did, she might end up with a really, really bad tattoo.
"He quit, said he didn't want to be a tattoo artist anymore. So, here I am." He grinned, and Erin raised an eyebrow, discreetly though.


"I think it was a goo job he left though, he wasn't all too good at it anyway. No, I am much better than him." He shook his head a little, almost pitying those who previously got a tattoo with the other guy.
"Well, I'd love to get a new tattoo." She smiled, trying to stay cheery. After all, she finally got some time to herself and she wanted to enjoy it. Sure, most girls would go to the spa or something, but Erin wasn't like most girls.


Even though it was a new tattoo artist, the pain would probably be just the same. Erin closed her eyes, and just as the tattoo artist was about to start, her eyes opened and caught a certain tattoo she wanted.
"Wait." She said quickly before the needle went into her arm. "I want that one, the heart."


The tattoo artist looked up from her arm, to see which one she wanted. "So, you want the heart on your arm instead?" He asked, frowning a little "I'm not so sure how good that's going to look."
She shook her head "Not on my arm, and I want the heart in a gold color instead of red." She said, and told the tattoo artist where she wanted her newest tattoo.


After it was done, Erin smiled at the tattoo artist "Thanks, I really love it." She grinned, happy.
"I don't think many people will be able to see it though... Are you sure that's what you wanted?" He asked, still a little critical of her new tattoo


"That's the way I want it to be. Kind of like my own little secret." She smiled softly. "Anyway, thanks. I know I'm no tattoo addict yet, but maybe one day." She grinned a little.
The tattoo artist grinned "Well, when you do, make sure you  don't go too tacky, okay?" He asked, and she nodded before walking out.


She walked out to the subway station nearby, deciding to give busking there a try. After all, tons of people were probably using the subway by now, so it would be a lot easier to get tips there than playing in the park again. Even though there were the dangers of muggers and general people you don't want to be around, Erin knew how to handle herself. Besides, it wasn't like this was any main city or anything.


Thomas went into Rosie's room, worried about her. She's not been out of her bedroom all day.
"Hey Rosie? Are you feeling alright?" He called, then opened the door. He froze when her room was empty, and he honestly felt sick. Did she run away? Or did someone take her? She wasn't anywhere else in the house, and he knew that because otherwise he would have seen her leave her bedroom. He did the only thing he could think of right now.


Erin answered the phone "Hell-" She started, but was quickly cut off.
"Erin, I need you home. Now." It was Thomas on the other side of the call, and she frowned a little.
"Huh? What's wrong?" She asked, he sounded really panicked and worried. She's never heard him be anywhere near like that before.
"Its Rosie, something happened to her." He then continued to say what happened, as Erin got a horrible feeling. Was this what Alex warned her about? Or was there something worse yet to come?


"Wait, are you sure? She could just be in Connor's room or one of our rooms or something. Remember when she was little? She was always adventuring around." Erin tried to calm him down a little, but to no use. Well, she would react the same way if something ever happened to Connor.
"Yes, I'm sure!" He practically yelled, "What if she's out somewhere? Or what if she's hurt?"
"I'll be home in a minute, just try not to scare Connor, okay?" She spoke softly, trying to be the rational one. She then hung up, and sighed a little looking at her phone. She never knew what was going to happen would be this bad. Erin thought it might have just been bullies or Rosie breaking a bone or something else fairly small. She quickly went home.


"I can't believe I was this stupid." He murmured, pacing back and forth. "I let my own daughter go missing." He grumbled, and Erin could see him getting angry.
"She could have just gone out for a little while, I used to adventure out all the time." Erin shrugged, trying to put him at least at a little ease.
"Without telling anyone?" He stopped, looking at her for a moment.
She frowned a little, "Well, my mom was either sleeping, working or drunk, so..." She shrugged and watched him as he sat down next to her.
"But that's different." He mumbled, resting his head in his hands.


"I'll go out looking for her." Erin spoke as she stood up to face him. "While you stay here and look after Connor."
He quickly shook his head, and stood back up too, "If anyone's going out to look for her, I am. I want to know where she is, and I want to find her." He folded his arms.
"You don't think I'm worried too?" She pursed her lips, looking at him "The only difference is I'm still thinking clearly, while you're probably not."
They stood there, neither one backing down until Thomas sighed "Fine. I'll stay here and make sure Connor's okay." He murmured.
Erin half smiled at him "He's in his room." That was the final thing she said before going outside and looking for Rosie.


Erin honestly felt guilty about what was happening. Maybe if she didn't take that day to herself, would Rosie have been fine? She froze when she saw the short, strawberry blonde haired girl on the floor. Rosie.
She quickly ran over, "Rosie?" She called, and knelt down next to her.  She honestly didn't know if she was just asleep, passed out or... Worse. Slowly and carefully, Erin picked Rosie up.


She sighed with relief when Rosie's eyes fluttered a little and she made a little groan "Erin?" She mumbled, looking up at her.
She smiled widely, "Oh, thank God you're okay." She whispered, then turned angry "Where have you been? Me and your dad were so worried about you!"
Rosie looked down, upset "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. T-This fairy..." She started, but then realized Erin probably wouldn't believe her.
She sighed "We can talk about it again when we get back home, just don't go off adventuring again."


Thomas was sat on the couch, finding nothing to distract himself, he just let himself worry. What else could he actually do though? Anything he tried to do, he would only do half bothered. He was too focused on if Rosie was alright or not.
His train of thought was broken when he heard the soft padding sound of feet on the floor. Thomas looked across to see Connor there. "Hey Buddy." He smiled slightly.
Connor was just confused "Where's Momma?" He frowned, "I wanted a story." He pouted, looking around as he expected her to just magically appear from somewhere.
"Your Momma's out." He murmured, not being all too specific on his answer. He began to fade out again, when there was the sound of something dropping by his feet.


Connor then looked up at Thomas expectantly still, as he frowned a little.
"Do you want me to read you a story?" He asked, looking down at the book and picking it up.
Connor nodded, as if it was obvious "Story!" He folded his arms, then realized he'd probably get what he wanted if he was nice. He then smiled sweetly "Please?"
Thomas grinned, and picked him up "I think your Mom's spoiling you." He mumbled, and went into Connor's bedroom.


A few hours later, there was the sound of the door opening and closing again. He quickly left where the now sleeping Connor was, and went into the main room. His eyes widened when he saw Rosie.
"Is she okay? What happened?" He asked, looking from Rosie to Erin.
"She's fine, just sleeping." Erin whispered, "She's not told me what happened, and I honestly think its best not to ask."
Thomas furrowed his eyebrows, but nodded anyway, "If you're sure." He mumbled, a little curious about why Erin would say that.
"I'm sure. I'll go put Rosie to bed." She said, and walked off before he could protest.


Once they were in Rosie's room, Erin put her down and Rosie snuggled up in her bed.
"You know, you're quite good at pretending to be asleep." She grinned.
"I know." Rosie smiled lightly, then asked "Do you think Daddy will ask about Elli?" She whispered.
She hesitated, before shaking her head. "I don't think so, sweetie. It'll just be our secret." Rosie had told Erin everything on the way home, almost reluctantly. "Just go to sleep, okay? Its been a long day." She murmured.
"Promise you won't let her come here again?" Rosie whispered, pretty much asleep.
"I promise."


Chapter 1.14 Monster                                                                                      
______________________________
AN: I realised I forgot to put an Authors Note at the end of the last chapter, whoops. Anyway, there's going to be a lot of birthdays coming up. First Connor, then Thomas, then Erin and finally Rosie. So, there's going to be a hell of a lot of leftover cake in the fridge. 
Just one more thing, I really can't wait until next chapter :D

13 comments:

  1. Erin is pretty comfortable keeping secrets from Thomas..the tattoo is fine, because it's none of his business anyway. But agreeing to keep Rosie's encounter with Ellli secret..I don't know. I feel like her father should know about that.
    Connor asking for a story was adorable.
    But maybe I'm wrong. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the secret keeping between Rosie and Erin, that was more for Rosie than anything else. Thomas will find out, sooner or later.
      I had to put that scene in, I feel as if I'm neglecting Connor a little, I'm not giving him as much attention as Rosie had at least...

      Delete
  2. I'm happy Rosie is back home safe and sound, but I worry about how all of this is going to have an effect on her. And also how keeping secrets from Thomas is going to work out. If he finds out, I doubt he'll be too pleased that Erin didn't tell him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt he'll be too happy either, but it'll all work out in the end, right? ;)
      With Rosie keeping her secret... It'll last a while before Thomas does actually find out, so no displeasure for a while.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad Rosie's back home (and hopefully safe) but I wonder what the fallout from it will be. I also worry about what will happen if/when Thomas finds out about what happened to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie's safe, and she will be safe with Erin's help.
      As for the fallout, well, that's not going to happen for a little while... There's some mischief that needs to be done before then.

      Delete
  4. I can kinda understand why Rosie doesn't want Thomas to know, but that still doesn't make it right. How can he protect her if he doesn't know she's in danger? It's good that Erin is looking out for Rosie, but Thomas deserves to know. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Rosie's just mainly anxious about how Thomas will react, if he even believes her. She will tell him sooner or later, but at least she's told someone

      Delete
  5. Like everyone else, I'm a bit worried by the secrets (though the tattoo made me lol "I won't get another tattoo" - Later, at the tattoo parlour... lolololll). But, on the other hand, it's good that Rosie has someone she can trust in Erin, hopefully she'll feel up to telling her father at some point.

    (Just realised I missed a chapter. I did think it was a little odd that you didn't tell us what Elli did!! brb :p)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok. Done. lol. Makes a bit more sense now. I see you have another, too! Argh! I can't seem to keep up!! Haha, I'll be there now.

      Delete
  6. Yeah... It kinda helps if you read it in order ;) I went on a writing/blogging spree because I was ill on Wednesday and Thursday so I had a good few simming days
    With the whole secrets thing, Thomas will sooner or later find out about what happened, how he'll react though, I haven't yet fully thought through

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why would she think Alex's warning would be as inconsequential as a broken bone? And then agree to keep Elli a secret? From the girl's own father after the girl's been missing half the day, and been found apparently passed out? That's all just kind of, well, not smart.

    I did have to laugh about her running right out to get a tattoo as soon as Thomas mentioned her not getting another tattoo. No fair of you not to show it to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may not be smart, but it seemed like the right thing at the time. It wasn't Erin's secret to tell, and she thought she shouldn't be the one to say it. And, she wasn't sure about what the warning could have been, it could have been something small, or something larger.

      When someone tells you not to do something, you have to do something. You'll see it in the next chapter, (I think) or if you download her.

      Delete