Sunday 19 January 2014

Chapter 1.13 First Day and New Friends

No one ever really looks forward to the first day of school...


Rosie sighed heavily, closing the top drawer. She really wasn't looking forward to school. What if the other kids thought she was weird? She frowned, it would be a lot easier if her Daddy wasn't at work already. She did love Erin but it wasn't the same...
The only bright side of today was that the house was being done up today, so there would be a bigger living room and an upstairs.


"You ready for your first day?" Erin grinned, more excited than Rosie was.
"No." She spoke sharply, looking up at her. "I don't wanna go." She whined, pouting.
"You have to go, I promise it'll be more fun than you think." Erin grinned while Rosie rolled her eyes. Both girls knew that Erin was overselling school...
"But I can't go! I'm sick!" Her eyes widened a little, as she put on a coughing fit.


"You're not sick. I know you're not because I pulled that trick a lot." Erin sighed, "I promise you'll like school, and you'll make friends with a lot people. It won't be that bad."
"Fine. I'll go." Rosie grumbled, "But if I hate it, it's your fault." She turned on her heels, and stomped out of the house. She wasn't happy at all. She didn't want to go to school.
Erin frowned a little, watching Rosie storm off. She honestly didn't know where she had got her fear of school from, its really not that bad. After a while of staying inside, her and Connor went out to one of the new parks.

The park was pretty much full with a lot of people with their toddlers, and quite a lot of dogs too. Erin put Connor down so he could go around and explore, maybe even meet a new friend.
While Connor was exploring, her eyes landed on a certain little cutie.


She bent down, letting the dog sniff her hand. Hopefully, this encounter with an animal will go better than the previous one where that damn raccoon bit her. Luckily, this dog was a lot more friendly than the wild animal, as she laughed a little when it licked her fingers.


She managed to find a dog treat off someone, and gently held it out for the dog to take. She couldn't stop grinning, as she began to think about something...



Once the dog ran off back to its owner, Erin stood up and dialed a number on her phone,
"Hello? Is this Dragon Valley Pet Adoption Shelter?" She asked, trying to sound as cheery as she could. She just hoped Thomas wouldn't be too angry at her about her sudden decision.


Once Connor came back up to her, she scooped him up, holding him above her head. "We're going to get a puppy." She cooed to him, grinning.
"Puppy?" He asked, smiling back. He wasn't all too sure about what a puppy actually was, but as long as his Momma was happy about it.
"Yep. And we should get going home so the puppy isn't all alone." She pouted playfully, and brought him back down to the normal level.


Once they got home, Erin put Connor down on the floor, in their new, larger living room. Her's and Thomas's room was upstairs now. 
"You can go and play, but be safe, alright?" She spoke softly, smiling at him as she stood back up.


School wasn't as bad as Rosie thought it would be. Sure, it was boring and seemed to last forever, but it wasn't too bad. She made some new friends and it seemed fairly easy, the only downside was that she got given some homework to do.


As Rosie walked in, she saw all the work that had gone into the used to be small house. They even had a TV now! She knew she had to do her homework before checking it out though, her teacher warned the class about what would happen if they didn't do their homework.


There was the sound of a car pulling up outside, and Erin went outside to find the new puppy outside their house. She carefully picked him up, scared just in case she might hurt him. The puppy was really, really small.


She grinned as she came back inside "Guess what I've got!" She called, making sure she held the puppy away though. She didn't want to hurt it's ears.
"Puppy!" Connor grinned, moving away from the toy building blocks. He looked up at the small dog in Erin's hands "What does it do?"
Rosie was concentrating on her homework, thinking they were just playing some sort of silly game. She looked up, and her eyes widened when she saw the puppy. She squealed, and ran over to Erin "I want to hold it! I want to hold it!" She jumped up and down, grinning.


Rosie took the puppy off Erin, smiling "He's really cute!" She grinned while all her attention was on the puppy. 
"He is, isn't he?" She smiled back, glad to see that Rosie was happy. "Do you want to come up with a name for him? The shelter said we could rename him if we wanted to."
"I can name him?" She beamed, looking up at Erin.


Erin grinned back down at Rosie "I don't see why not." The grin on her face stayed, as she shrugged her shoulders slightly.
She thought about it, looking at the tiny dog in her hands. It was small even compared to her, and she wasn't too tall herself. "I don't know." She mumbled, furrowing her eyebrows.
Erin frowned a little "We could always come up with a name for him later, its not too much of a big deal." 
Rosie was still deep in thought, hardly hearing what she said. Her eyes widened when she came up with the perfect name "What about Toby?" She grinned


"Are you sure about Toby?" Erin asked, just to make sure in case Rosie had a sudden change of heart and decided she didn't like that name.
"Yeah, I'm sure. I like the name Toby." She smiled, trying to prove that she wouldn't want to change his name later on in case she got bored of that name.
"Are you really sure? Remember you can't just change his name." Erin warned, looking down at her.
"I'm positively sure." She grinned, rolling her eyes a little. "I like that name." She then put Toby down, "And me and him are going to play all day tomorrow." She grinned still, then went off into her bedroom.


Soon after Rosie went to sleep, Erin put Connor in his crib and kissed him goodnight. She made sure he was asleep before leaving the room. Before she could fully leave though, she heard Thomas call her name.


Needless to say, he was more than confused when he came home and there was a dog on the floor, chewing a toy replica of a rolled up newspaper. 
"Erin." He called, and went off into the kitchen, mainly just to check that she did get the dog everything it needed.


She soon came over to him, smiling slightly "Yeah?" She seemed somewhat oblivious to what was wrong.
"Why is there a dog in our living room?" He asked, honestly confused. This morning when he left, he was pretty sure that there wasn't a dog. How could you even miss seeing a dog?
She laughed a little, fairly uneasy "Funny story actually... He's ours now."
"What?" He blinked a few times, making sure he heard her right.


"In my defence though, just look at how cute he is! And you can't give him up, he already has a name." She spoke quickly, folding her arms.
"I don't want you to give it up, I just hope you know how to look after one." He mumbled, looking at her. He couldn't help but be skeptical of how much she actually thought this through.
"Of course I do." She scoffed, smirking a little "How hard can it be?"


"I can walk him, feed him, bathe him, I'll even clean up after him." She smiled, "And I think Rosie's going to play with him. She was really excited when she saw him, she even names him." 
He glanced at where the puppy was now sleeping, then looked back at Erin "What did she call him?" 
"Toby. It's a cute name, and I made sure she was sure about his name."


"Just, as long as you know what you're doing with him. I'll try and help when I'm not at work, but he's mainly yours."
She rolled her eyes, "Okay Dad." She laughed a little "I can look after him just fine. I've had him here for a few hours now and he seems happy." She smiled, folding her arms and looking over at the newest, four-legged member of their little family.

Chapter 1.12 Spooky Day                                                                                     
______________________________
AN: Kind of a filler chapter, there's more drama in the next one, I promise.
I had to get them a pet, it just didn't seem like a house without a pet in it and seeing as though I can't picture them having cats and I doubt they have enough space for a horse, I got them a puppy.

12 comments:

  1. "Okay Dad" Haha! I love the way Erin and Thomas interact. Even if they never get married they will still make for the best 'old married couple' in their old age.

    And the puppy is adorable! I play with pets every now and then. Although I can never get just one since I need another one to keep it company lest its social meter be yellow/red all the time since often times my sims are too busy taking care of their own needs :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever played with horses and a cat once. I'm really looking forwards to playing with a dog =3 Maybe I might have to get another dog then, maybe a girl one (So they can have more insanely cute puppies! Mwahaha!)

      I honestly want them to be together, but alas, the family structure... It forbids me from doing so *sighs*

      Delete
    2. You could always have them get together once the second generation takes over...? *wink wink* But like I said, they make a perfectly good 'old married couple' as just friends.

      Delete
    3. Maybe they will get together, maybe they won't. Only time will tell ;)

      Delete
  2. <3 Puppy! I'm a sucker for Bostons, so it goes without saying that I absolutely adore little Toby! And I agree with you; it just doesn't seem like a home without a pet in it.

    (Am I wrong about Toby being a Boston (Terrier)? He looks like a Boston, but I've noticed puppies' faces change when they get older. The Boston in my legacy got a longer nose when she aged up :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I don't quite know what breed of dog Toby is... All I know is that he's a black and white puppy and he has adorable pointy ears! Meep!
      It just said he was a Mutt on the thingy, so I think that means he's a crossbreed? I'm not fully sure. I'm not too good with dog breeds but lets just say he is a Boston Terrier :)

      Delete
  3. Aww, the puppy is so cute! I do love the pets in Sims :)

    I'm glad Rosie had an ok time at school, but I wonder why she was so against it before going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! =3 I love him already, if only he was real. Then again, I would never give up my real kitty cat.

      It was probably just first day nerves with Rosie. I mean, everyone has them, its just that some are worse than others. I still get them whenever its the first day of school after a break.

      Delete
  4. Awwww! <3 I agree, Toby is a cute name, and he's a cute puppy :)
    I'm glad Rosie got on ok at school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name Toby too, it was one of my rabbit's names. We called him Tobias as he got older though.
      Now that I remember, I used to have a rabbit called Rosie too...
      Huh, I name all my sims after my bunnies. I should really put more thought into names

      Delete
  5. Puppies are always good. And Toby is indeed a cute name. Good job Rosie! That'll make up for having to go to that first day of school, no doubt. I was kinda surprised she didn't want to go so badly. Most kids, starting out, are all excited about going to big kids school. Doesn't take long for reality to set in, though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wanted to get a puppy, but I kinda had to write it in. It feels like yesterday when I wrote this chapter, but it was actually like, three months ago 0_o
      Some kids are scared about going to school, its just how they are. They soon learn that it sucks though

      Delete