Monday 6 January 2014

Chapter 1.08 (My) Old Flame

Erin honestly couldn't believe it... Was it really him? How did he even get here?


"I-I had no idea you were coming here." She spoke quietly, as if speaking loudly could chase him away. She honestly wondered if this was all just a thought or a dream she was having, none of it actually seemed real... She was a little confused when he didn't seem to actually respond to her though.


"I mean, when you came to me in my dreams, I honestly just thought it was because of the bad things you were on about, I didn't think you'd-"
"Stop." He said suddenly, glaring at her. Erin didn't dare to meet the cold glare of his unusually unforgiving eyes.


He backed away from her, and all she could do was mimic his action. Obviously he had heard her mumble, which was probably the last thing she ever wanted... If she was ever going to tell him about Connor, she would have wanted to properly, and not just as a fleeting murmur that he happened to overhear.


"You did't even bother to tell me." He stated, glaring at her. "You had a lot of opportunities to tell me. But did you? No/" He growled, and Erin looked away frowning. He continued "Did you never think it was important to tell me that you have a kid?"
She looked back at him, not so sure what to say. "I...I..."


"Don't." He snapped, "I don't care if you were going to, all I care about it that you didn't and we both know that you weren't planning on telling me either." He folded his arms, glaring at her still.
When Erin started to cry, Alex couldn't help but soften a little bit. He sighed "I'm sorry. I didn't want to be mean, you know how I can be." He mumbled.
"I know." She mumbled, mainly looking at the floor. "I just feel bad about everything that has happened." Her gaze shifted to him as the tears stopped "Especially about how I left you."


"Yeah, its been a while, hasn't it?" He asked, quietly "Since, well, us." He murmured, frowning. Erin shifted the weight over on her feet, back and forth between left and right. Obvious it was still uncomfortable between the two of them.
She frowned, looking up at him. "I know, and a lot has changed. Like I told you, I'm not the same girl. I-I'm not the same Erin." She hated herself for letting her voice catch. Crying at a time like now would be stupid.


"Maybe we could go somewhere else, somewhere a little more private other than around back of a store." She smiled a little at him, kind of embarrassed. Not that she felt bad to be near him, just the fact that a reunion shouldn't be made here around back of a place where the cashier almost brought Erin to tears.
"Where do you wanna go?" He asked, as he saw her looking off into the distance. He took her hand, and she teleported them both up there.


"You still get sick whenever I do that?" Erin asked, having holding back her grin.
"Well, sorry that you're fully used to it and I'm not." He snapped, clearly the humour was lost on him. 
She went over to him, frowning a little, "I guess I should remember that for next time." She murmured, looking down at the Valley below. It was an amazing view up here.


"Are you okay though?" She asked softly, walking up to face him. She smiled at him, and tried to avoid the small blush trying to creep up on to her cheeks.
"Yeah, I'm fine." He grinned back, looking at her. "Next time can we take a cab though?"
She pouted, and hit him playfully on his shoulder "You can be so boring sometimes." She grinned, laughing a little.


"But I know that your life's been far from boring since you left, huh?" He looked at her, his hand slowly going towards her waist. She moved her arm too almost as a way to defend herself. As much as she did, (or at least used to), like him she didn't want that now.
"Do you want me to tell you the whole story or only that which concerns you?" She mumbled, sounding a little more harsh than what she would have let on.
"Everything." He answered. 
She frowned in response, not exactly wanting to tell him about moving in with another guy so soon after him, and then the fling too? She sighed "If you're sure..." She then sat down on the grass, and replied to his weird look with "Might as well sit, a lot's happened."


As they were both sat down, Erin began to talk...
She told him about first moving here, staying with Thomas, the fling with Danny, the rude encounter with Roxie and meeting Rosie, and finally ending with Connor. She sighed a little after speaking, realizing just how much she has actually gone through here. Alex moved slightly, so he was sat next to her instead of facing her.



They both sat in silence for at least the best part of half an hour. There wasn't much for either of them to actually say. Erin had already told her side of the story, and Alex wasn't so sure what to say. When the silence was finally broke, it was Alex who spoke first.
"He seemed like an ass to do that to you." He mumbled, not so sure what else to say... It hurt him to think about how quickly his Erin moved on.
"He was more of a rebound than anything." She muttered back in return. "I just wanted a bit of difference in my life, turned out one bit of crazy stemmed and broke off into more than I thought I could handle."


 "I just think its a little ironic." He mumbled, glancing at her. Erin sighed, knowing what he was on about. He was on about how she left him. "I mean, you left me claiming you couldn't deal with commitment."
She looked at her feet, her gaze switching from him "I know, and I'm sorry. Its just, with the ring and thinking about settling down... It scared me." She whispered, looking anywhere but back at him "But don't even think for a second that doesn't mean I didn't love you." She looked at him, and they both stood up.


He pulled her into an embrace, "Can't we just pretend for one night that all that stuff didn't happen between us?" He mumbled, and went to kiss her neck, closing his eyes when he did. She knew the effect he had over her, and knew how far it could and should go. Sure, most would call her easy, based on the last few events in her life...
But who the hell cared about them anyway?


He couldn't help but grin "Your bedroom?" He asked, trying not to sound too eager.
She smiled softly back at him, "Well... I thought I'd at least let you see in here first before we do what I intended." She spoke quietly, but her soft smile turned into a smirk.



She pushed him back on to her bed, after making sure majority of their clothes were littering her floor. He then asked quietly "How far?" 
Erin smirked, taking off  the last piece of clothing that was still on her "All the way." She grinned.

Is there ever that feeling where time just seems to float by? As if you're running on autopilot? Sometimes those moments happen. Things seem to happen so quickly that you honestly don't know what is actually going on...



You only know what's been done once it has been done.


Chapter 1.07 Exploring                                                      
______________________________
AN: I honestly don't see many things as much of a cliffhanger, maybe that's only because I already know what's going to happen... Huh, I guess that would kinda give me a one up on everything.
This chapter wasn't originally in my plans, I was going to have the first bit only as one scene, but then I thought 'wait, all what Erin's been through can't be dealt with in six pictures!' So voila!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow. :| Wow wow wow. So... Is Alex sticking around now? Has she decided she might be able to give this another go? Or is it all one more awful mistake in the long line? Poor Erin. I hope she doesn't get hurt too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if there will be any consequences to this night like what happened the last time Erin hooked up. Although, Alex doesn't seem like a bad guy so far. Not like that rockstar. Still, the marital structure for this generation is single, so...

    We also still haven't learned why he really came. Because I'm assuming it had more to do with his warning and less to do with what inevitably happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would Alex think it's any of his business to know about her kid?

    I'm surprised she's not grilling Alex about that dream she had, about bad things coming. And let me guess, she's pregnant again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's jealous and hurt. I can't remember how much I described what happened between them though...

      Erin isn't an angry sim. She's only yelled at someone once in all 43 chapters (at least as far as I can recall) but there's no baby this time. Sorry :(

      Delete
    2. No baby this time is a good thing! It sometimes frustrates me that in most sims stories, sex automatically means a baby.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I know you're not one of those people. Otherwise Annika would be pregnant about 5-ish times ;)
      I often stick by the sex -> baby thing because I am /very/ bad at writing that kind of stuff, hence why it wasn't too detailed.

      Delete