Sunday 29 December 2013

Chapter 1.06 Two Things New

It was all fun and games until the claw came...


"No, no..." Rosie whimpered. Her eyes were wide, looking up at the scary claw that was about to attack her. Her mouth was open, waiting for the angry looking claw to grab her, or attack her...


It was mainly a mix of screams and giggles as Erin tickled Rosie "Never trust the claw." She said, laughing herself. After all the giggles, Erin took Rosie back into her room, putting her into her crib. Thomas fell asleep way too early, as usual, so he wouldn't be late for work even though he had the day off tomorrow.


After putting Rosie to bed, Erin went back into her own bedroom. She started to think about everything that had happened during being in Dragon Valley, and how she had to leave her old life behind. She knew that everything that had happened to her here was nuts, but she was glad it all had happened. Erin didn't want to face going back home. Home was just a distant bad dream to her now. Here was home, with Thomas, Rosie and her baby. 
She got pretty much no sleep that night, as she felt strong pain about an hour after going to sleep. She managed to wake up Thomas, who helped her get changed and helped her into a taxi so they could go to the hospital.


They stayed quiet in the cab ride to the hospital, mostly too tired to say anything of too much importance. She knew he'd be there for her, he said so himself. Erin looked over at him, and took his hand. She gave him a serious look and mumbled "You are not leaving me, at all."
He half smiled back at her, and murmured "I won't, I promise."


A few hours and a heated argument with the babysitter (who did nothing and expected to get payed) later, Erin brought home her baby boy, Connor. She made sure that the crib was okay, by double checking nothing was wrong with it She had a new found fear that something bad will happen, she knew nothing bad would happen though, that was a sure thing.
"Aren't you going to bed?" 


Erin was fairly startled by the voice, but was more relieved when she recognized it. Well, it would be kind of hard not to recognize...
"Maybe in a little while." She murmured, turning to face Thomas. "I'm going to stay in here for a few more minutes." She spoke quietly, in case Connor was sleeping.
He half smiled "He'll be fine on his own for a few hours you know, you don't have to hover over him." With that, he left the fairly small, blue room.


"I know." She mumbled, hearing the door close behind herself. She folded her arms in discomfort, knowing something bad was going to happen. The question of where, when, how, why or what was still a mystery to her. Erin closed her eyes for a few seconds, trying to dismiss the dark thoughts. After about a minute or two, the thoughts went away. Erin slowly walked out of the room, making sure Connor was okay before she went to bed.


Sleep came easy, but it wasn't all too pleasant, then again its not like it was a nightmare or anything. All she could dream about was a certain someone...


She was surprised to see who it was. Its been a while since she last saw him "What are you doing here?" She asked, fairly quietly.
"I think you know why, Erin." He frowned. "I wanted to talk to you..." The man gestured to himself  "So, here I am."


"I forgot you knew how to do that..." She murmured, looking at him. She moved his hand away from her face, frowning "Its been a while since we last spoke, a lot's changed about me." She murmured. 
"Not enough to make me stop loving you. Apart from, running away without at least one goodbye? We both know that's not the way to leave things." The mystery man pulled Erin down on the floor, and looked up. Erin followed his gaze.


"I never knew there were this many stars... I always thought there weren't any in the city." She said, looking up at the top of the dome.
He grinned "See? You're still the same star loving and innocent Erin I always knew."
She sighed "So, what is it you wanted to talk about?"


"What, so can't I just see you without being questioned? You look different when your not all in black by the way." He grinned.
She laughed a little "I know you too well, I know that you probably want to talk about something with me." She then half smiled at him "I've been trying something new, more natural colors rather than black and leather."
"I still prefer the leather." He grinned, then sighed "There actually is a reason I came to see you..."


 Erin tried her hardest to stay focused on the dream, she's never been too good at staying asleep, as weird as it sounds. She always used to wake up at the worst of times, so she tried to stay asleep. Whatever he wanted to say was probably important...


The next thing she knew, they were sat down on one of the nearby benches. 
"So, what did you want to talk about?" She looked at him, and he sighed before starting
"I just want to tell you to look out for anything strange."
"Anything in particular...?" She kept her gaze forwards, glancing at him out of the corners of her eyes, she started to doubt the emergency of this dream-talk.
"Magic." He said, and that peaked her interest.


Erin clasped her hands between her knees "What about it?" She asked, frowning.
"I spoke to one of the oracles, and she said that bad things were going to happen in Dragon Valley, that's where you live, right?" He asked, and she nodded
"Yeah...What exactly is going to happen?" She asked, trying to hold back the slight worry in her voice. She didn't want to seem too scared, but she finally had a family in Dragon Valley, and she didn't want anything bad to happen.
"I'm not so sure... Something about young mages, not fully sure of their powers." He bit his lower lip. "That's all I know right now, I promise I'll tell you more when I can." 
She half smiled at him "You know I really miss you." He stood up, and she copied his action.


"One last kiss for the road?" He smiled slightly, and Erin moved forwards to kiss him softly. It still felt real, despite it being a dream.


When Erin woke up again, she ran over the dream in her head, just to check it was real. It almost certainly didn't feel real... She grumbled as she got out of her bed, feeling as if what she tried to leave behind was plaguing her.


"Make sure you don't set the house on fire." Erin commented, smirking. She knew how bad Thomas is at cooking, and her sarcastic comment was half met with actual concern.
"I won't. Don't worry. Besides, even if I do set this place on fire, that means we'll be able to get rid of these yellow walls." He half smiled, glancing at her.
"Forever optimistic, aren't you?" She grinned, "I'm going out today and I'm taking Connor." She said, going into her own room to get changed and then walked into the little blue room.


"Hey little baby..." She cooed, smiling softly "Did you sleep okay?" She rocked Connor for a little while, before speaking again "Me and you are going to go to the park today." She grinned, and got the stroller from the back of the room while managing to keep Connor from falling.


As always, it was sunny in Dragon Valley, the weather was often sunny, only occasionally would it ever be rainy... Erin strolled around the main park with Connor, there were other families there too. She got Connor out of his stroller, when a woman approached her.


There was a certain edge that Erin had to someone new... She was worried about who this suspicious person or people could be.If her old friend was right, shouldn't she have every right to be on edge?
"May I help you?" Erin asked, half smiling.
The older woman pursed her lips, looking at them both "I saw you struggling with your stroller back there, you and your husband should really learn how before there's an accident." She frowned


"My husband...?" Erin trailed off, confused. Her eyes then widened slightly, getting what she meant "Oh! No, I don't have a husband." She half smiled.
"Fiancé then?" The woman smiled uneasily, whereas Erin just shook her head.
"Nope, and no boyfriend." She sighed slightly. "I'm a single parent." She matched the uneasy smile.
"Oh.That's... Brave." Erin watched the woman smile, and walk away. She sighed, realizing how most people probably were towards people like her.


"We don't care about her, do we?" She said, half smiling. "We have Tommy and Rosie, and they're all the family we need." She spoke softly, wanting to go somewhere less judgey. She then grinned "How about Mommy shows you what she can do?"


She spotted the nearby abandoned cemetery, it was more of a memorial to those who died in The Great Dragon Attack. Sneaking behind the mausoleum, she whispered "If you somehow remember this, remember not to tell anyone." Erin closed her eyes, and thought about home


She smiled when she got back home, proud she managed to get there without accidentally landing in the middle of a wall. She went over to the crib, and placed Connor down in it. She grinned slyly as she thought about something she's always wanted. She bit her lower lip thinking about it, then nodded. She texted Thomas that Connor was at home and she wanted him to look after him. Even though he was somewhere in the house, she wasn't too bothered about finding out where exactly.


One step, two step... Things like this are certain moments that shouldn't be missed. Thomas heard his phone buzz, and looked at the text. He was almost certain that Erin was out with Connor, then again she probably dropped him off here and went back out.


Erin went to the salon, looking around a little, just to make sure no one saw. As much as she did love Connor, she hated taxis. They were always sticky, and she wasn't quite sure why... She went into the salon. looking for the tattoo artist.


After a very short discussion with the tattoo artist, who probably mainly practiced on himself, Erin had said which tattoo she wanted.


The needle was certainly her least favourite part of getting the tattoo... She winced, but tried to keep her arm relaxed like what the man said.


"Thanks for my tattoo, I love it." She smiled, tilting her head a little.
"Hey, its no problem. If you ever want another, you know where to find me." The tattoo artist grinned, and Erin half smiled
"Maybe I will get another one in a little while..."

Chapter 1.05 Leisure Day                                                                                   
______________________________
AN: Huh, a lot happened in this chapter... I kind of merged two chapters together because I was going to have the main two events separate in this, but then I realized both of them would be short so... Yay for merging! (Erin's tattoo is a dragon by the way)
I think I should be able to update somewhat soon-ish. It took me a while for this one. Ah well, I'm sure I'll have another chapter out by at least next year

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, that dream of Erin's sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to finding out more about it, although I hope nothing too bad happens to your legacy family as a result

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little worried about the dream, too :| Was it truely just a dream, or is she somehow connected to that mystery man? Is there a danger of him finding her? And if he does, how will he react to her having a baby? What will he assume about Tommy (hehe) and Rosie? This could all go horribly wrong... :|

    And you realise next year is tomorrow, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosie's really cute. And I really like the name Connor. Can't wait to see what he's going to look like as a toddler!

    Erin's dream sounds rather ominous.

    Btw, I really like your introspective style of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that dream was interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how the premonition plays out. I wonder if we'll get to meet the mystery man outside of her dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mm, that was an interesting and ominous dream. I wonder who the mystery man is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'less judgey'--haha I loved that phrase. The encounter with the pink woman was rather odd, though. And what about this dream that warned of bad things and magic? Was that her old flame?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Si, that was her old flame in the dream. You'll find out about the dream meaning in the next two chapters.
      I agree that its a good phrase, did I use that? I wrote this a looong time ago so I can't remember word for word

      Delete
  7. The picture of Erin wincing at the tattoo is so cute! XD
    The plot thickens! I'm really looking forward to finding out about her past!

    By the way, I've been really enjoying reading your blog, even if I'm still only at the very beginning, so I nominated you for a Sunshine Blogger Award. :D
    http://anniesimslegacy.blogspot.co.at/2016/08/the-sunshine-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, she wasn't too keen on the first one. Unluckily for her, that roll was tattoo addict. She had quite a few cool ones by the end of this generation, but I can only remember about three of them
      You'll find out plenty about her past in the next chapter, and more in the one following.

      Aww, thank you <3 I'll do it when I get the chance to, okay? ^-^

      Delete